Need helph for server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Raym

Veteran
Hi, I have one server and I want install Rome at War but I can't find the configuration files.
Can someone help me?

Rome at War: Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Hi I see you would like to host a server, you need good internet connection and not everyone can host depending on certain factors as that.

1. Download the Official Server files via: Taleworlds.com -> Mount & Blade Warband Tab -> Downloads sub section and click on -> Other Downloads Dedicated Server: It will take a few minutes.

2. When the download is complete (This works for me) Get a Extracting program like WinRAR or Peazip and extract the archive to 

In Windows Explorer PC root directory: (Steam Ver)
C:\ -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Mount & Blade Warband and extract directly into your main game directory like this!

3. The Dedicated Server files when extracted will  be a new folder in M&B W directory. What you want to do now is download the module you wish to host:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,247620.0.html

And now extract the mod:
C:\ -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Mount & Blade Warband -> (The dedicated server hosting folder now) -> Modules (I believe it won't work without the specific module in the modules folder of the dedicated server hosting files.
Also for the mod extract to:
C:\ -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Mount & Blade Warband -> Modules

4. Now for the Server set up this part is slightly tricky first time (I now have a copy to share of the Dedicated server files for Rome at War and more mods soon)

Dedicated Server Hosting Copy
#WARNING: Make sure that you change the capital values with proper ones.
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin ADMINPASS
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
set_pass_private PRIVATE PASS
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid server name
set_server_name SERVER_NAME
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid welcome message
set_welcome_message WELCOME MESSAGE
#Steam must be running in order to use valve anti cheat
#Also you must use the Steam version of the dedicated server in order to use this option
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
#setting battle (multiplayer_bt) mode
set_mission multiplayer_bt
#setting max players, first one is non-premium member limit, second one is premium member limit
set_max_players 32 32
set_num_bots_voteable 20
set_map multi_scene_1
add_map multi_scene_2
add_map multi_scene_4
add_map multi_scene_7
add_map multi_scene_9
add_map multi_scene_11
add_map multi_scene_12
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map random_multi_plain_large
add_map random_multi_steppe_medium
add_map random_multi_steppe_large
#adding all kingdoms to both sides just to randomize all of them
#adding less kingdoms will reduce the randomization set (used in set_randomize_factions command)
add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_1
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
add_factions fac_kingdom_3 fac_kingdom_3
add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_4
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
add_factions fac_kingdom_6 fac_kingdom_6
set_randomize_factions 1
#since default team point limit is 300, the line below is necessary for this mode
set_team_point_limit 10
#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 100000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

This in the spoiler tag is the dedicated server hosting file copy now to the following:

Go to your M&B W dedicated server hosting folder
Once open you will see the text files and attached batch files for all the Native Game modes. What i did was copy a Battle mode text (.txt) file and changed it up.
Now do the following:

4a. Copy a Sample_Battle_Mode .txt file for the mod and paste a copy of it with the other .txt and batch files.

4b. It will be Sample_Battle_Mode_Copy or so rename the file to the following -> RaW_Server_cfg (cfg for configuration)

4c. Now go to your RaW_Server_cfg f.txt file and right click select edit and open the file in notepad or so.

4d Then Delete everything in your RaW .txt file and paste EVERYTHING ^ ^ In the spoiler text above.

4e. Now you can use non fancy characters to fill in the Dedicated Server file:

Ex:
#WARNING: Make sure that you change the capital values with proper ones.
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin ADMINPASS                                                                                                                    Set the Adminpass -> Can be anything A-Z Nothing fancy!!!
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
set_pass_private PRIVATE PASS                                                                                                              Privatepass works the same way.
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid server name
set_server_name SERVER_NAME                                                                                                            Same method: EX: My_Server_RaW_2_0_2
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid welcome message
set_welcome_message WELCOME MESSAGE                                                                                        When you join a server you see this. There is a limit on it.
#Steam must be running in order to use valve anti cheat
#Also you must use the Steam version of the dedicated server in order to use this option
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0                                                                                                                    This is good enough to be ignored i think no one cheats lol.
#setting battle (multiplayer_bt) mode                                                                                                            When you join it will be Battle mode to change thatinAdmin
set_mission multiplayer_bt                                                                                                                            Panel type in Admin pass b4 joining at the bottom of server
#setting max players, first one is non-premium member limit, second one is premium member limit            list.
set_max_players 32 32
set_num_bots_voteable 20
set_map multi_scene_1                                                                                                                                <This is where you set the maps the server will use
add_map multi_scene_2
add_map multi_scene_4
add_map multi_scene_7
add_map multi_scene_9
add_map multi_scene_11
add_map multi_scene_12
add_map random_multi_plain_medium
add_map random_multi_plain_large
add_map random_multi_steppe_medium
add_map random_multi_steppe_large
#adding all kingdoms to both sides just to randomize all of them
#adding less kingdoms will reduce the randomization set (used in set_randomize_factions command)
add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_1
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_2
add_factions fac_kingdom_3 fac_kingdom_3
add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_4
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_5
add_factions fac_kingdom_6 fac_kingdom_6
set_randomize_factions 1
#since default team point limit is 300, the line below is necessary for this mode
set_team_point_limit 10
#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 100000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

4f. Now that the Server_cfg is set SAVE the edits. Also keep the space between EX: set_team_point_limit 10 (keep the space everytime)

4g. Now for the part i had to trial and error test COPY the Battle mode Batch file and make a copy like the cfg .txt file
(Batch file is the file with the little mechanism icon on it that actually runs the server)

4h. Now rename the batch file to RaW_Server_start

4j. Now for the easy part of connecting the two files to each other EDIT the batch file like this:

Reform your Batch file to look like the following below in the spoiler tag:

mb_warband_dedicated_steam.exe -r RaW_Server_cfg.txt -m Rome at War 2.0.2

This is your correct module (-m) version and the correct batch file connected to the .txt file for your server!

4k Next, RUN the batch file Raw_Server_start that you created it will be in a system 32 black window and you have to keep both windows up to run both parts of the server on your computer/laptop.

Finally open ports and and make sure your friends can see the server in the server list.
Note: Do not forget the .txt attachment!
Any questions?

Oh rented well $hit!

Well theni prefer dedicated hosted because rented is taken care of by the company your renting from your best option is to call them up and ask them to change the module.

Feel free to try this guide if you can't wait.

well i remeber chegy already did an similar discussion some time ago
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249881.0.html
maybe this help

Back
Top Bottom