Need help testing something

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinnai

Sergeant at Arms
I need a few people to help me test some changes I've made.  I will not tell anyone what those changes are, you'll have to figure them out yourself.

What I need is for people to try out v0.516 for a while and get a feel for how their frames per second is during battles.  Then to download the following beta patch and do the same thing.  How much slower does your game respond in battle?  Do you notice a difference between sieges and field combat?  Are they both slower?  Are neither noticeably slower?

Any and all fatal game errors you encounter or really strange behavior when using this beta patch I want reported in this thread, not the known bugs thread.

<Link removed>

I've made some pretty big changes behind the scenes, that if they work will allow some pretty cool stuff to be added.  But my computer is rather good.  I need to know how much of an impact it makes on people with machines that have a harder time running Mount&Blade.  There is only one indicator available to the player of what I've changed.  I'm curious to see if anyone figures it out.

Love to downloading>>>>

Any other things like standard battle size you'd like for these 'tests'.

Nope.  I just need a direct comparison of how much slower this test patch runs in different combat types than v0.516.  Of course any fatal crashes or bugs would be good to know as well.  There shouldn't be any, but I'm not making any promises.

HitZoor said:
So what's actually new in this version?

Jinnai said:
I need a few people to help me test some changes I've made.  I will not tell anyone what those changes are, you'll have to figure them out yourself.
What I need is for people to try out v0.516 for a while and get a feel for how their frames per second is during battles.  Then to download the following beta patch and do the same thing.  How much slower does your game respond in battle?  Do you notice a difference between sieges and field combat?  Are they both slower?  Are neither noticeably slower?

Any and all fatal game errors you encounter or really strange behavior when using this beta patch I want reported in this thread, not the known bugs thread.

http://files.filefront.com/NativeExpansion+Testingrar/;12565131;/fileinfo.html

I've made some pretty big changes behind the scenes, that if they work will allow some pretty cool stuff to be added.  But my computer is rather good.  I need to know how much of an impact it makes on people with machines that have a harder time running Mount&Blade.  There is only one indicator available to the player of what I've changed.  I'm curious to see if anyone figures it out.

I think that answers it. But you could always just send a pm and ask:wink:

hey I did notice a message error in the beta. When you capture a castle for your own kingdom it says "you no longer hold any lands" haha then it aknowledges that you own the castle. Also this:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1262: Invalid Scene ID: -76; LINE NO: 55: At script: start_training_at_training_ground. At script: start_training_at_training_ground.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1261: Invalid Scene ID: -76; LINE NO: 54: At script: start_training_at_training_ground. At script: start_training_at_training_ground.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1262: Invalid Scene ID: -76; LINE NO: 55: At script: start_training_at_training_ground. At script: start_training_at_training_ground. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1261: Invalid Scene ID: -76; LINE NO: 54: At script: start_training_at_training_ground. At script: start_training_at_training_ground.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1262: Invalid Scene ID: -76; LINE NO: 55: At script: start_training_at_training_ground. At script: start_training_at_training_ground.

OH and the quest for villages of training does NOTHING.... when I say nothing all that can be done is hit train villagers, it says "you were defeated ect ect" but the bandits never show up to finish the quest, I should know I kept hitting train an it lasted 15 days. My training is a 9 so it takes 4 hrs or so to train..

Otherwise great mod, seems to run smoother so THANK YOU!!!! I have a high end pc but my video card is Ati and M&B has a bad history with those cards. Still looking for what else you have added... blast it all you hid it well.

Heh, your errors make me very nervous as I didn't change anything associated with those.  But what I did change I was worried might cause unpredictable errors in save games.  Well... I guess I'll try to duplicate them then.  And it runs smoother for you in both siege and field combat?

EDIT: What type of training were you trying to do when you generated that error, if you can remember.  Mounted?  Foot?  What type of weapon?  etc.

2nd EDIT: The error message for not holding any lands.  Are you saying you only get that the first time you capture a castle?  Or every time?

I can't duplicate either of those errors and I tried every combination of weapon and type of training in the training fields and castles while owning my own kingdom, starting my own kingdom, and when working under someone else.  I'm not sure what's causing them for you.  Using both a new game and a save game started in v0.514... I just can't get those errors to show up.  I didn't have any trouble training peasants either.  You aren't doing anything strange like trying to merge this mod with another or using a save game from before v0.514?

Okay. About smoothness, fps etc. I see no noticable differance in playability or fps but both seem to perform better than previously. Could be to do with my pc.

My PC.
C2D @ 2.66
2G ram
9800GTX

So maybe not quite the tester you needed but hope it helps.

This is the 'other' beta patch stuff.

I do get the "you no longer hold any lands" thing, when I 'create' my Kingdom by capturing my first land, doesn't seem to cause any real problems. I haven't got that error shown above. Village training quest works like normal (for me) but I did start a new game. I unfortunatley had 2 CTD's, the first I have had with M&B :???: . Is it possible to look somewhere to find some info about it?
Nothing else really to report in my limited time test for now, mostly been trying the new release :oops:

I found out the new stuff!
Nope not really but I've got a huntch I need to search through the companions related stuff to find it :lol: .

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep trying to track down the no longer hold lands thing.  I have yet to see that myself... but I am running a slightly different version than I posted here, and I might've already fixed it without realizing it.

Jinnai said:
Heh, your errors make me very nervous as I didn't change anything associated with those.  But what I did change I was worried might cause unpredictable errors in save games.  Well... I guess I'll try to duplicate them then.  And it runs smoother for you in both siege and field combat?

EDIT: What type of training were you trying to do when you generated that error, if you can remember.  Mounted?  Foot?  What type of weapon?  etc.

2nd EDIT: The error message for not holding any lands.  Are you saying you only get that the first time you capture a castle?  Or every time?

I can't duplicate either of those errors and I tried every combination of weapon and type of training in the training fields and castles while owning my own kingdom, starting my own kingdom, and when working under someone else.  I'm not sure what's causing them for you.  Using both a new game and a save game started in v0.514... I just can't get those errors to show up.  I didn't have any trouble training peasants either.  You aren't doing anything strange like trying to merge this mod with another or using a save game from before v0.514?

I tried all training and it came up but all i did for sake of space is post that. Both sieges and normal battles are smoother for me though. It was for the first capture only. No i didnt try anything new or merge anything, I started a new game with a new character and I tried a imported one as well.(i am using v0.514) I dont even get to do the mini battle for training the peasants, like i put it was a auto defeat, the training is a sweet idea dont get me wrong.

Just wandering as well, for the weaker kingdoms like Rhodoks now for me, is it possible to add a option when I capture a lord of any kingdom to recruit them before their kingdom is completely taken out?(given I own my own lands) Just for the sake of lowering their ability to make a comeback, which the rhodoks are attempting while at war with the Swads, Nords and myself. I have 3 lords rotting in a dungeon as we speak haha

Got another script error when i beat some more rhodoks and it appeared on screen after battle.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2204: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 2: At script: process_hero_ai. At script: process_hero_ai. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 521: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 3: At script: process_hero_ai. At script: process_hero_ai.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 521: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 4: At script: process_hero_ai. At script: process_hero_ai. At script: process_hero_ai.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1694: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 4: At Simple trigger trigger no: 39. At Simple trigger trigger no: 39.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1665: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 6: At Simple trigger trigger no: 39. At Simple trigger trigger no: 39.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1694: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 4: At Simple trigger trigger no: 39. At Simple trigger trigger no: 39.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1665: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 6: At Simple trigger trigger no: 39. At Simple trigger trigger no: 39.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1665: Invalid Party ID: 741; LINE NO: 6: At Simple trigger trigger no: 39. At Simple trigger trigger no: 39

In case you wander what my pc is here are my specs.

Windows Vista 32 bit
Intel Core Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), 2.7GHz
2GB RAM
2GB Video Card
DX 10

Ok, I've updated the testing patch.

<Link removed>

Hopefully that gets rid of the errors you're reporting, cause I can't seem to duplicate any of them.

I havent had any of the errors this time around. Just wandering I have single handedly taken out Rhodok in the new beta you released but I cant offer any of the lords that still have a lil favor for me to join, I have 6 of them in my dungeon but most of them have at least a +1 in favor but only options I get are I must leave and This audience is over

Yeah... recruiting lords to your kingdom has never been a feature as far as I know. :wink:  The recruiting captured lords after defeating their kingdom thing is something I'm thinking of adding.

That would be a very VERY sweet addition Jinnai, for the fact its hard to defend multiple castles even though they are garrisoned up and all I dont trust the AI to protect my castle with just soldiers and when attacking a Castle with 200+ men and no extra aid from a lord also puts myself and my men at a huge disadvantage...  :twisted: even though 100 of my men and myself took out 500 total Rhodoks on a field battle. You have my vote on adding that feature (hint hint) :grin:

Thanks to those that provided feedback.  The changes made it into v0.520 and so I'm locking this topic and removing the download links.  Spearwall now does damage based on the speed of the horse.  That was the change.  Some people did report slow downs, but nothing bad enough to keep the code from going in.  This version is certainly better than the first version I tried to do this with.  :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom