Nearly 6 Months and Perks are not implemented

Users who are viewing this thread

... Just saying ... Stop giving TW excuses now, they are absolute lazy dipsh*ts at this point who seem to have literally 0 clue how their very own code works.

I honestly thought that when EA started that finishing perks would have been fairly high on the priority list. They are the most visibly unfinished part of the game. Some of the perks would not be too hard to make work.

?‍♂️

No point to implement perks that wont exist soon
how is rolling out the perks over a (most likely) one year period "soon"? Why would they even include perks in the EA it has only been a disappointment to the genre of rpg.
There would have been hundreds of thousands of people left with a bad taste in there mouth back in April after they found out the entire character progression system was a lie that had zero impact behind any choice they made... if there was even a way for them to know what worked.

hmmm starting to question the source bannerlordperks.com as i can see changes on the game play in trees they say its even 0% in right now. But idk im not reading the codes (facts) either. Is it just a placebo effect who knows ^^

Last edited:
hmmm starting to question the source bannerlordperks.com as i can see changes on the game play in trees they say its even 0% in right now. But idk im not reading the codes (facts) either. Is it just a placebo effect who knows ^^

The "who knows" part is what is incredible. If ONLY TW WOULD LABEL WHAT IS WORKING AND WHAT ISN'T.

If it's a bug I understand, but they are intentionally not labeling things correctly.

The "who knows" part is what is incredible. If ONLY TW WOULD LABEL WHAT IS WORKING AND WHAT ISN'T.

If it's a bug I understand, but they are intentionally not labeling things correctly.
Yeah, you spend a bunch of time leveling a skill, get that perk and then... it feels like nothing changed. Then you go check and confirm it's not working. Feels really dissatisfying.

wait until you find out they replaced some perks with other non-functioning placeholder perks...
Some real progress there.

They've been assigned to do the work and it's not getting done.

What makes you think that? They've implemented some, but usually skill-by-skill implementation, followed by a quick balance pass and bug fixes as it goes to the stable branch. And even that seems to get put on hold whenever they talk about some other effort like refactoring, gamebreaking bugs on beta or pushing mod tools out.

There is every indication perks are low priority for TW.

Yeah, you spend a bunch of time leveling a skill, get that perk and then... it feels like nothing changed. Then you go check and confirm it's not working. Feels really dissatisfying.

Even with a bunch of the functional perks, I'd level the skill, get that perk and feel like nothing has changed. There are some exceptions but most of them I'd literally not know were functional through their actual impact. "Increase my polearm damage by 2%? WOW!"*

*Figuring in the passive skill bonuses of speed and damage, that perk is the same as 25ish levels of Polearm.

agree. They implemented an picture in the perks before that had an lock sign on em which was a good thing since you could still see what they had in mind when its gonna be done. Then that disappeared so thought well then its fixed ^^

agree. They implemented an picture in the perks before that had an lock sign on em which was a good thing since you could still see what they had in mind when its gonna be done. Then that disappeared so thought well then its fixed ^^
The lock was a place holder for unimplemented icons. It didn't actually represent functionality, sadly... It could definitely have been used that way though. I'd suggested it before.

The lock was a place holder for unimplemented icons. It didn't actually represent functionality, sadly... It could definitely have been used that way though. I'd suggested it before.

ah well then its not an good approach from em i would say on that. But im not so picky about it. Sure its something they should be done with already even if i understand that they are fiddling around with options along with balance. Some good, new and interesting stuff have emerged during this time so im happy with that though

Last edited:
So why not just disable them in the game? Instead they put in tooltip info and let us select them. It's bizarre. I've seen things labeled as placeholder but not labeled as working and in fact its completely missing.
That is a good question, they should just add into the text description of all current skill whether it is working or not.
What makes you think that? They've implemented some, but usually skill-by-skill implementation, followed by a quick balance pass and bug fixes as it goes to the stable branch. And even that seems to get put on hold whenever they talk about some other effort like refactoring, gamebreaking bugs on beta or pushing mod tools out.

There is every indication perks are low priority for TW.

Even with a bunch of the functional perks, I'd level the skill, get that perk and feel like nothing has changed. There are some exceptions but most of them I'd literally not know were functional through their actual impact. "Increase my polearm damage by 2%? WOW!"*

*Figuring in the passive skill bonuses of speed and damage, that perk is the same as 25ish levels of Polearm.
Honestly I don't understand why perks stop people from playing the game. Right now the skills levels have a big impact even if the perks don't work. Like the steward skill still increases your party size despite the perks being nonfunctional. So basically its just like warband right now until the perks get implemented. Like you said they have such little impact I almost never realize when they are working.

That is a good question, they should just add into the text description of all current skill whether it is working or not.

Honestly I don't understand why perks stop people from playing the game. Right now the skills levels have a big impact even if the perks don't work. Like the steward skill still increases your party size despite the perks being nonfunctional. So basically its just like warband right now until the perks get implemented. Like you said they have such little impact I almost never realize when they are working.
Honestly as much as i want perks i have to agree with you here leveling a skill has more impact than any actual perk i think if these 3 perks were implemented most of the these people would just **** up these perks being:One Step Ahead,the one that lets you use all bows while mounted and the one with all crossbows but mounted.

Other then those the biggest perk trees from what i have seen people want is roguery and tactics a bit less is bow and crossbow and a even a little less throwing then the rest just kinda get bunched up

Last edited:
Six months ago this guy would of been destroyed by the TWs community. Now everyone is in agreement...:oops:

On a side note, Captain MP is good way to enjoy the game. While we wait another 6 months for SP :facepalm: The incredible balance will allow some serious 2H practice :ROFLMAO:

Six months ago this guy would of been destroyed by the TWs community. Now everyone is in agreement...:oops:

On a side note, Captain MP is good way to enjoy the game. While we wait another 6 months for SP :facepalm: The incredible balance will allow some serious 2H practice :ROFLMAO:

not really... there where concerns then to mr drama boi

Last edited:
not really... there where concerns then to mr drama boi

Concerns by some yes, but also loads of people screaming "its EA", "be patient", etc. This time only one "don't be entitled" comment. People appear to be getting fed up. I am just offering a helpful way of enjoying the game in the meantime. While your resulting to childish remarks... its boy* btw

Concerns by some yes, but also loads of people screaming "its EA", "be patient", etc. This time only one "don't be entitled" comment. People appear to be getting fed up. I am just offering a helpful way of enjoying the game in the meantime. While your resulting to childish remarks... its boy* btw

Yeah as it was and was stated as such ^^ so people did´nt saw the commotion you guys (even old fans of the series) where trying to raise, saying it was fanboiiiiing mentality. So the statement you´re making isnt accurate

I went about 4 months without playing and I came back to almost the same game. Sure some small things are improved, less snowballing, some UI improvements, hideout crew selection, SOME of the perks are implemented, etc but I feel like it should have been all hands on deck about.. 6 months ago. Changing/implementing the perks changes the entire game. How can you balance before they're actually in the game? How has TW not implemented the actual leveling system yet? Incredibly disappointing and frankly I hope someone has been replaced for this absolute failure.

6 months after release and they haven't even finished the perks. The people who were saying "oh just come back in a couple months" should feel like absolute idiots at this point. You can't say "oh they have to fix the bugs first" anymore, the actual game (levelling in an RPG is more or less the game, character progression) is not in place. Not good enough and EA is not a legitimate reason for this. Game is ****ed. BTW I bought the original M&B when it was $20 so don't tell me how Taleworlds works.

Thanks for reading my blog.
This is my biggest issue with singleplayer right now.
Its what is keeping me away from SP until its fixed.

Back
Top Bottom