NE for Warband Progress Report

Users who are viewing this thread

Pellagus said:
Belendor said:
Josef any help needed? Especially about signatures?

That would be helpful, Belendor. I'm going to do a few myself and extra sigs would be most welcome.

Alright i will do my best also i am volunteer for beta-testing.

I'm not sure battle AI is easy/possible to script(softcode) and I'm under the impression it's not even on the list of priorities...

On another, unrelated note, I started the releveling for the imminent NEWB release tonight. Hopefully, with much blood, sweat and tears I can get it hammered out before the closed beta is complete.

^What Daumor said^.  I don't think AI during battles is something you can mod.

You can change the behaviour of a faction, but that only affects world map behaviour - things such as how aggressive they are against other factions. (Josef is working with the DKs to get them to behave as an invading force).

The main aim of the current release is to port as much of NE over to Warband as possible. Later versions will incorporate new features (depending on how this version is received and how much of a life Josef wants away from his desk :grin: ).

yay it's out for warband :smile:
come on beta testers, I want to play !!

I brought warband and it sucked without NE - the troops just didn't cut it

Raccoon99 said:
yay it's out for warband :smile:
come on beta testers, I want to play !!

I brought warband and it sucked without NE - the troops just didn't cut it

I have to agree, once you go NE you never want to go back xD

While Warband has a lot of the features that NE had for the original MB it still seemed really lackluster to me for some reason. 

Just a note on HA AI - forum member Caba'drin has written a lot of good pseudo-AI tweaks, one of which is a skirmish mode which causes units to avoid melee at all costs. It's not perfect, but it's a marked improvement on Native Warband's hurrdurr charge headlong into a pile of huscarls HA tactics. There's also a script for smarter lance and polearm usage, which was another huge annoyance for me personally.

Basically, while you can't really delve into the hardcoded AI stuff, the newest module system does offer a lot of options for tweaking surface-level bot behavior.

Also, I'm very excited to see NE moving to Warband. It was my favorite mod for 1.011, and I'm sure it'll be a hit in WB as well. Cheers, modders. You guys are awesome.

I meant to change the Khergits mounted archers to all ranged weapons (plus backup ranged+melee) for the Warband port for this very reason but didn't get to look at it yet. I may do so.

is it 'nearly' ready to test? buggy or not i wana play this game. zorks been done with :razz:
Oh and a question about armour etc. i can't remember but i think it wasn't the same in warband than the prophesy of pendor mod but as ive said before coming across a group of about 3 enemy and they decimate my whole army because not only were they perfect :razz: but they seemed to have infinite health. Is having a low grade weapon like the ones recruits get going to be murder if you come across an enemy without money to pay?
Oh and one other thing regarding spotting. With warband when i played it i always used the cheat to see everyone because not only was i getting bored with having low spotting and being surprised and killed by factions i was at war with but also when it came to finding people the clue of 'xxxx person is near xxxxx place', 10 mins of travel later 'xxxx person is actually near this place now', Oop he was just out my spotting range so i went past him and now hes elsewhere. if you catch my drift :smile:

The beta test is active.

You should have had your invite e-mail (you're certainly on the list). Check your emails, the download link should be in one of them, plus instructions for reporting bugs and player comments.

With regards your second question, it is harder than Native, it's supposed to be. There are many more war parties to fight and some (Mercenary War Party especially) are extremely tough to fight with a small inexperienced army. Be patient, stay out of their way until you're strong enough to take them on (or hire a few mercs of your own if you fancy). ATM I can't get close to Rivacheg without fighting at least 2 groups of Sea-Raiders (sometimes at the same time), and I've been beaten three or four times by various Merc War Parties. Some you win, some you lose. :grin:

In answer to your third question, enabled cheats such as true-sight and teleport should all work with NE: Warband. But you will be laughed at in the street if you use them.

oi, gents, why don't you add some OSP stuff and perhaps some armor from the HYW mod? it would definitely add some eyecandy that is much needed. gutekfiutek's mod might aswell be welcome.

We're going to wait until we get this version up and running before we add more stuff, but thanks for the suggestion. It would be good to get some extra armours and weapons into the mix.

Gutefiutek's landscape mod looks great, but we'd have problems with the spawn points on the map and some of the towns and villages were messed up when I last tried Polished Landscapes for WB (not to mention super-mountainous battle maps and one time a forest so dense I couldn't actually move my army). I haven't tried the buildings mod.

you're right about the forest density and bumpy battlemaps - but perhaps you could at least take the textures and replace the native ones without changing the scripting, even that would be a benefit over the native textures. of course it should be your first priority to make a mod that actually runs without problems before making it look good. that's why I actually played the NE mod, it was insanely fun and challenging, but you know, WB always appreciates the extra eyecandy.
cheers and keep up the good work.

The map textures are great. Not sure about some of the wall textures, which looked a bit to heavy to me, but it certainly gets my vote.

Nice new hat, Wellen!

Back
Top Bottom