FRA 12-1 ARG 1

ECL3q7K.jpg

Uu7nLJ5.jpg

3jNWKTC.jpg

kGSN8NQ.jpg

WVQQlxH.jpg

GG wp

KaneMaB said:
Why don't we stop stroking our own ego's saying we are better 'n all. No way to know for sure unless we were to play on equal pings ranging from 20-60ish.
Besides that, I think it's a great gesture from France to play on Miami servers, but I also get the German team. Neither one is wrong, it just sucks that is has to be this way.
Agreed - luckily im smart enough to inform myself about stuff (i.e. recordings) before forming an opinion. Thanks for your input though.

HKP said:
Gibby Jr said:
Fietta said:
The replies I got to that were I DONT MIND PLAYING IF IT MEANS MORE TEAMS CAN PLAY - I'm looking at you Gibby. Swear I just wished people listened to my advice instead of pretending.

not here to take sides but I’d happily play up to 160 ping provided my opponents were on the same, so yea it’s cool for me. stop acting as if you’re some sort of prophet; lots of people were concerned about high ping matchups before the tournament.
Understandable opinion but if theres a big discussion about this before the Tournament with the outcome being you play on NY / Moscow server for those matches thats how it is. Its one thing to approach us (all the teams) and ask if we can agree to a server both teams feel comfortable with. I'd have been up for that. But straight up changing the entire thing mid-tournament without telling anyone is something i dont agree with.

The problem here is that you inferred that if I do not tell you, I am trying to screw you over. I believe I was clear to the Argentinan team captain that the Miami server was an option if it makes pings more equal for both teams. At the time, I was under the impression that Germany would get 130 ping across the board with Firunien at 170 (keep in mind he has 70 ping on German (!!) servers). I have at no point said that we will force Germany to play on Miami, so the exaggerated responses on this thread and my steam chat are hardly reasonable.

HKP said:
... eu hosted tournament...

You've been around long enough to know that the Nation's Cup is not a purely EU-oriented tournament. If that were the case, NA would be playing 4 sets on London for all their matches.

I was told we're being forced to play on miami server - during our scrim against FRA the other day we were discussing a little bit with tardet since he was there and he also thought that this was the case (Atleast from my understanding). Looking at the post he made in this thread it's the same. Even now apparently its not quite sure what server we'll end up playing on. I don't have you on steam so no idea what you're referring to.

Yep, when we discussed on the server on Wednesday, I was also under the impression that Miami was the server the match would happen on, taken from my discussions with Watly. I only realised at the time that you guys discovered the pings in that same evening and that you had not been informed about it whatsoever prior to that, which, as posted in my message on this thread afterwards, didn't really seem fair.

The main issue is that between what people tell us and what the reality is on the server, there is often a gap, important or not and it's not always easy to gather all the players involved in a match beforehand to check it and take an informed decision.

We have been discussing it among ourselves, I had a talk with both LaPache and Bunny about the whole situation (I just talked with LP again this morning) and we will let you know tonight at the latest how your match will happen. Until then, I would just put the whole argument to rest as pretty much everything has been said on both sides.

Apfel will be streaming the match Poland 2 vs China today. Be sure to tune in, the match will be played on a server located in Novosibirsk, making this the first match between an EU team and a Chinese team with (approximately) equal pings!

Poland II 11 - 4 China

12348F0095302334A53A3CA5542C4EFB2B41C32C
C899D3BDDD90977B33DDE8374E65855D2F4A76C7
273FA3EF99D29232F431EC4F1533E7EBC42323E8
E323B75ACC8C5149B7A9DC75D49013170A4C1824

Well played to both teams, was nice to see the first inter EU-China match at equal pings. Maybe a possibility for future tournaments to bring together Chinese teams and EU teams in one tourney.

Well-played Poland for making it through to the next stage of the playoffs and commiserations to China which still had a good first tournament.

Watly said:
[...]was nice to see the first inter EU-China match at equal pings. Maybe a possibility for future tournaments to bring together Chinese teams and EU teams in one tourney.

I personally wouldn't want it to become a standard. I understand the NC has traditionally been a tournament more welcoming towards teams outside of the EU region and I'm happy it has continued to be that way for this edition it but I fear that encouraging both the Asian and the EU communities to play clan tournaments together, with between 110 to 130 ping across the board for most players, might be to the detriment of competitiveness. Sure, it also presents a ton of advantages such as bringing communities together, allowing top teams from each side to face each other and increasing the general activity, but I don't see it as a worthy trade all things considered. In my eyes, the warband we play remains a competitive game and for that, the conditions in which we play must remain acceptable so that randomness and luck don't become prominent factors in the match results. I wouldn't mind having a tournament solely designed for that purpose, however, just to try it out.

Now obviously, I can accept the fact many people see things directly, especially with the current state of the community and at least this tournament served as a good experiment to test new server options and help some people acknowledging that the ping you see and what you feel on the server isn't exactly the same thing.

Marquis de Montalban said:
For the record, I'm pretty sure at 50 ping v 50 ping, Germany wins in a close match, but at 140 versus 140, I think the ping familiarity will give Argentina an easy victory.

Bro no. Germany would absolutely **** on that team. They will win even if they did use these servers they are just being typical Europeans and complaining about everything. HKP and Firunien have both played extensively with high ping and done outstanding. Firunien has played for me with 180 ping in tournaments.

you guys are utter retards ngl
you signed up agreeing to play on NY servers at the beginning
now you cry about your ping being too high and go around our back and try to get a better server. If you had talked to us we could've figured something out that's fine for both partys.
pathetic sportsmanship

Germany 12 - 2 Argentina 3

6ED529647D1670FA0AF914CB256C44BFD6C4C67C
0065CC9F4638378801AE71EA4C3EDDF1CC937378
0E9CF82604C61D9567D83E81F369C19C87ABA406
4A1DCB10A4CE7620DC43CA3BEBE1F0E0478F6DAF

4C1F11BE33230231E672B16C10CC0EF02BBD552F

gg, well played both teams!

Back
Top Bottom