[NC2019] Playoffs Week

Users who are viewing this thread

We are trying to work out a solution which is fair to both teams however try to understand that this Nations Cup is a bit special and that we won't necessarily always be able to make things look equal for both teams. The Argentinian teams (same as China) perfectly knew that they would get harder conditions than EU teams when joining the tournament yet you heavily insisted this week to Watly to get your playoff match on a Miami server, without even consulting the German or French team first. That's not exactly what most of the EU teams had signed up for in the first place.

I am not a huge fan of changing the servers just for the playoffs matches, I understand why Watly did it but I expected it would create such a drama. For France, we see ourselves as the only responsible for this situation, if we didn't want to play such matches, we should not have lost in the group stage in the first place, so we will play our match on the Miami sever. We never complained about it nor even questioned it a single time. With that being said, I can totally understand if the Germans see things differently.

Also, the pings between germans and Frenchies are really different. Ours (Frenchies) is 110 to 150. Germans are 140 to 180. Just try to understand (Argentinians) that you are literally just telling people who have played 9 years in the NC with decent ping to just 'deal with it and stop complaining' now that they jump from 30-50 pings to 140-180, with not a single practice (except for tonight vs us). I understand you guys are fine with playing the whole tournaments with such high pings and that honours you, however, most of the European players see this as a 'competitive' event and in their heads, playing with such high pings is no-where near competitive.

The only way we can make resolve this whole issue is with both sides being understanding towards each other. Simple as that, really.

Since the start of the NC, the SA teams have been playing in NA religiously to prepare to deal with the high ping which they'd expect to have against EU teams on NA servers. I recognize that there's a difference between Argentina and all the EU teams (cause EU teams expect the majority of their matches to be in Europe, while Argentina knows all of their matches will be in NA), but ultimately this is something the admins should decide on. You've got the "fair" option of trying to get the pings as equal as possible, backed by the precedent that the French were willing to accommodate a Miami server, balanced against the argument that the rules state a specific server will be used (I think NA NYC), and the fact that the Argentinians didnt communicate with Germany but went straight to the admins, which is a bit of a *****y move.

For the record, I'm pretty sure at 50 ping v 50 ping, Germany wins in a close match, but at 140 versus 140, I think the ping familiarity will give Argentina an easy victory.

Strange that I said the chances of this happening is quite high at the start of the tournament... You kinda get what you deserve; you believed the format was viable and believed there would be no chance youd have to face such a team in playoffs or knockouts, but now you do, you're against the idea. Shame I complained at the start of the tournament and now its come to bite us all in the ass.

Here's one of the may statements stated at the start of the tournament in the announcement thread:

'I think people are forgetting that 'playable' isnt reasonable, its suppose to be a test of skill, representing your Nation. People who're pretending that 100 - 150 ping is a reasonable representation of that nation's skill is being very silly. It's very surprising to see Watly going with such awful approaches.

Again it's not a popularity contest and with current format, I could quite confidently see a lot of european teams going against non europeans'

The replies I got to that were I DONT MIND PLAYING IF IT MEANS MORE TEAMS CAN PLAY - I'm looking at you Gibby. Swear I just wished people listened to my advice instead of pretending.

hqdefault.jpg

"Strange that I said the chances of this happening is quite high at the start of the tournament" Feta de mortadela 2019.

Fietta said:
The replies I got to that were I DONT MIND PLAYING IF IT MEANS MORE TEAMS CAN PLAY - I'm looking at you Gibby. Swear I just wished people listened to my advice instead of pretending.

not here to take sides but I’d happily play up to 160 ping provided my opponents were on the same, so yea it’s cool for me. stop acting as if you’re some sort of prophet; lots of people were concerned about high ping matchups before the tournament.

BunnyTHEBEAST said:
HKP said:
Because those conditions mean that the entire match is all about luck. You can't play the game with 160 ping. Does't matter if you're a good player or not.

Statistics/Scores agaisnt Rumania and Germany 2 says otherwise.

Not necessarily, he is right. Ping shifts, fighting 300 teams of the same country, all of these things shouldn't be happening. While those players are not the best, most of the fights were lost due to just general readjusting to ping and server stability.

BunnyTHEBEAST said:
HKP said:
Because those conditions mean that the entire match is all about luck. You can't play the game with 160 ping. Does't matter if you're a good player or not.

Statistics/Scores agaisnt Rumania and Germany 2 says otherwise.
Wrong. Div C is made of teams that are very new to the competetive scene. Im actually impressed that teams like romania and Italy managed to get enough players to field a team.  Pretty sure that most of them have not played a single competetive native tournament before.

Bernabeu said:
HKP said:
It isn luck, its teamwork.
xd not sure if ure trolling or actually belive that

Tardet said:
France vs Argentina 1
Thursday 10:00GMT
France bans: Sandi, Moutain Fortress
Argentina 1 bans: Frosthaven, Naval Outpost

Argentina 1 pick: Castellum
France pick: Reveran Village

Updated, we playing tonight.

Gibby Jr said:
Fietta said:

not here to take sides but I’d happily play up to 160 ping provided my opponents were on the same, so yea it’s cool for me. stop acting as if you’re some sort of prophet; lots of people were concerned about high ping matchups before the tournament.

It's very silly that you think that

Gibby Jr said:
Fietta said:

Understandable opinion but if theres a big discussion about this before the Tournament with the outcome being you play on NY / Moscow server for those matches thats how it is. Its one thing to approach us (all the teams) and ask if we can agree to a server both teams feel comfortable with. I'd have been up for that. But straight up changing the entire thing mid-tournament without telling anyone is something i dont agree with.

I’m wondering from with times nation cup become an European tourney only. You had 9 years to make a system better for all team from whole world. It’s too late to argue but people who’s gonna host any NC tournaments, do it better for teams who’s far from Europe.

Maximka said:
I’m wondering from with times nation cup become an European tourney only. You had 9 years to make a system better for all team from whole world. It’s too late to argue but people who’s gonna host any NC tournaments, do it better for teams who’s far from Europe.

Why dont we all (being the warband community) chip in to improve the infrastructure of all nations so we all get 1 ping

Why don't we stop stroking our own ego's saying we are better 'n all. No way to know for sure unless we were to play on equal pings ranging from 20-60ish.
Besides that, I think it's a great gesture from France to play on Miami servers, but I also get the German team. Neither one is wrong, it just sucks that is has to be this way.

Russia & Ukraine 12 - 4 United Kingdom 2

B999539B59CC5A01800971FF1AAAE9F6D2B2020B
829E24A6C813E5301A9D2FDA6456C10B6424EC0D
0123E5E74707EB666F0BC668D10A07929776FB93
353BA0923BA92D544935F0E65DCE16F8C33B8C9C

864810F62338C45ECAD4892FE45CA6B6FC0D58D0

Well-played both teams, congratulations to Russia & Ukraine for advancing to the second stage of the playoffs and commiserations to United Kingdom 2. Thanks to the Russian and Ukrainians for playing the last set 6v6.

Back
Top Bottom