NC 2013 Amerikuh Complaint Form

Who should be captain of Team America?

• Mad Dawg

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • I think Mad Dawg should not be captain, and I have written an explanation in the thread.

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Fehnor

Grandmaster Knight
I won't be participating (unless everyone quits). There's better talent out there, and I know that.

I took Robo's advice and moved Team America's discussion to one easily avoidable place (this thread is guaranteed to get more views).

ClockWise said:
Fehnor said:
I volunteer Mad Dawg to throw a team together for U.S.

+1 / Marnid

Z3ro said:
Fehnor said:

John7 said:
Hmm

I'm game

blak said:
Fehnor said:

I second this (I know this post was 5 pages back)

Mad Dawg for Captain America.

Orion said:
blak said:
Fehnor said:

Have fun, Team Balion. :roll:

RoBo_CoP said:
:lol:

Yes, because NC needs a few Wappaws right?

I would love to hear the debates but I would suggest creating a new thread, moving it to PM's, or having a meeting some time. Not that I would even support a team, the ones worthy are inactive, gone, or hardly care. I'm sure there's still enough for a team, but nothing compared to what the US 'could' nor should have.

Mad Dawg may not want to lead another rabble, anyway. Let's get some discussion/nominations going here.

Not that I'd have anything to do with the team, but some people may want to consider that an American team with fewer big "talents" (personalities) might actually perform better. A team with a bunch of big egos isn't bound to work together all that well.

Take last year for example. I wouldn't know the details of why Team USA didn't do as well as previous years and some people might disagree, but they arguably had the most "talented" roster they had ever had. Just something to think about.

They worked together from what I had seen. However a lack of interest and missed matches by top players can do a lot of harm.

A major problem this team would face, is those top players, and many others, no longer even have the will to play.

Orion said:
blak said:
Fehnor said:

Have fun, Team Balion. :roll:

Actually if I did look to captain the team, which I'm still debating, I would have the first US Team tryouts which has never happened and I've always been in favor of.

Mad Dawg said:
Outlawed said:
Initially though process was to include everyone as opposed to the last nations cup where one person just decided to have a team and that was it.
This.  I don't remember a vote on the last Nations Cup but just someone putting a team together. 
Add your name to the list and we'll let your tryout.  J/K (stating before thread fills with impending rage)

Mad Dawg said:
Actually if I did look to captain the team, which I'm still debating, I would have the first US Team tryouts which has never happened and I've always been in favor of.

I think it would be a good idea. Bump a server to ridiculous slots for a night, open to the public with lots of forewarning and announcements. Team death match. Get a few guys to spectate and discuss fresh meat in a locked voice chat. Password the server after a while and remove people so you can see certain players' skills against better players. It would be just like HS basketball.

Fehnor said:
Mad Dawg said:

I think it would be a good idea. Bump a server to ridiculous slots for a night, open to the public with lots of forewarning and announcements. Team death match. Get a few guys to spectate and discuss fresh meat in a locked voice chat. Password the server after a while and remove people so you can see certain players' skills against better players. It would be just like HS basketball.

+1

Juvenile said:
Not that I'd have anything to do with the team, but some people may want to consider that an American team with fewer big "talents" (personalities) might actually perform better. A team with a bunch of big egos isn't bound to work together all that well.

Take last year for example. I wouldn't know the details of why Team USA didn't do as well as previous years and some people might disagree, but they arguably had the most "talented" roster they had ever had. Just something to think about.

+1

Juvenile said:

Shedding some light we had an exceptional team last year.  Rhade was awesome and brought a great confidence to everyone and honestly was the most level headed between Marnid and I.  Logistically you can't get better than Marnid arranging things. (expect scheduling a match when both Rhade and Van can't make it  :lol: )  We did great in the prelims and lost to France, the winner of the tournament, by 1 round on a map we had played for only a few weeks.  Then we had a 2-3 week break, came in to face Finland with a bit of huberous, and saw a strategy on Port Assault completely strange to us.  I, as the caller, wasn't prepared for it and did not alter our strategies quick enough to compensate leading us to go into the second map down considerably.  I was prepared for Snowy Village, and we 5-0'd as swadia and actually "losted" the match only by 1 round.  Rhade and Van I think would have made a difference imo.  The loss was extremely unfortunate.  I think we showed the team was exceptional in the prelims vs France.  Just some bad circumstances led to an early dismissal. 

So despite appearances, ego's and atmosphere had nothing to do with it imo.

Oh, and obvious dirty EU shenanigans.

I had always wondered about that loss, though I never asked for fear of stirring up bad feelings. I suppose as an outsider I made a few assumptions based on appearances. For that I apologize.

However I stand by my statement as a thought to consider. Also, as people have said, tryouts would certainly benefit the team. I wouldn't mind watching a few and offering my input as Captain Canada :cool:

So who should be on the coach's panel for tryouts?

I would recommend mad, marnid, calamity, john, dman (are you from canadia?)

Half of a team, but all people I would expect on the team.

Back
Top Bottom