[NA WWC]Season I Champions Edition - Season winners: Balion Mercenaries!!!

Pick your MVP for the NA Champions WWC

• Scott Ray

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Zero

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Calamity

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Clockwise

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balion 11-10 wK

Reveran Village
409DF262B2C799AC745A825D37C571EA89202123
D177ADD21FF04396EB2663C611A6D19DD68382BE

The Farm
CCD254A37E316D33AC5DC31C2FC357C6AEEC6F3A
9BD6FD4ECF072B9FBC0876DBA58948B63F09A249

Cradoc said:
Rule is that you can play either 1 Open/Mixed map then 1 Closed map.Or you can pick Special Category map and combine it with either Open/Mixed or Closed.Special Category has both closed and open/mixed types of maps

What does that even mean? I took it as, you lock out the category entirely. I guess it was not the case so please either change it or remove it to prevent further confusion
I am not sure what the problem is. If you fully read through the rule, it is very simple.
After duel, the winners picks a map. This map can either be open/mixed, closed or special category. If the pick is special category, the other team can picked whichever map they wish except special category. Likewise, if the winners pick open/mixed or closed, the other team can pick special category if they so desire.

The special category list is here because those are maps that needs more testing before put into big tournaments like UNAC.

CalamityuP said:
wK 10 - 11 Balion

gg's fellas. Broke our undefeated streak of over 4 months.

I enjoyed the tournament Erminas but the wording is no good man. I'll also add it makes the duel worthless. Besides momentum you gain no advantage. Guess ill go ahead and pick the closed map next time.
Could you please elaborate on how it makes the duel worthless? The winning team gets to pick the map they wish to play on, and which spawn to use, which can be a great advantage if the opposite team is not experienced with a certain map.

I had inquired about the phrase in question as well - I believe I had spoken to either darin or william over steam.  The understanding I came to is basically the same as Cradoc's:

"Or you can pick Special Category map and combine it with either Open/Mixed or Closed"

This "combining" is the problem.  Makes it sound like if the first team picks a map from the special category the classification the chosen map falls under is therefore removed for the second team's pick.  So, if my opposing team was to pick Shariz Village for instance (a special map, classified as closed), by this wording I would understand it as meaning that the closed category is not unavailable for me to choose from (I would be left with open/mixed map or a special map classified as open/mixed).  It is as though the Special map is "combined" with the established map classes, either open/mixed or closed, based on which group it is projected to fit with.

If this is not the intended meaning, then strongly consider removing "combine it" from the rules and alter it to something like:

"There are three map types available: Open/Mixed, Closed and Special (which includes selections from all categories).  Maps chosen from the Special group are still under testing and therefore act separately from their projected parent group (ex. if team 1 chooses Shariz village (projected Closed) from the Special map category, team 2 can still choose from both Open/Mixed AND Closed groups)."

The duel becomes "worthless" because the heart of the advantage with winning the duel is not necessarily picking a specific map but rather it is found in preventing your opponent from picking their desired category.  If the meaning is like that posted in the example just above the team who wins the duel cannot effectively block a map type with their first pick.  This was one of the main reasons for introducing map-types to begin with - to force teams to play ALL map types and not be able to only bank one style to win.  With your understanding, Kohath, teams can effectively play on two maps of the same category during the match.

If the categories were meant to function completely independent of one another (and this was completely clear) I believe a number of the WWC matches may have played out differently.  Might have seen some combinations like Solace and Ruins or Verloren and Fort of Honour.

Rule is that you can play either 1 Open/Mixed category map then 1 Closed category map.Or you can pick Special Category map and combine it with one map from Open/Mixed category or one map from Closed category.Special Category has both closed and open/mixed types of maps.
Does this make it clear?

Ok,what i do not get is why did no one suggest a thing about rules in  topics we had?
And if you they were not clear to you,why didn't you contact admin who would have explained it?

I agree that wording is maybe not the best,but afaik majority of teams understood it.And i recall TMW-DoF playing on 2 closed type maps(1 was from Closed category other was from Special category).Maybe there were more scrims like that then just this one.

Achilles_TheIV said:
Farm = Open map. gg roolz
Ok,now what i especially do not understand is all complaining about Farm.It was put under special category because it was rarely played in scrims.
And actually if you look at UNAC 2 rules,you could see Reveran Village(mixed category) and Farm(open category) being played there as well.
So yeah to this post...

CalamityuP said:
I enjoyed the tournament Erminas but the wording is no good man. I'll also add it makes the duel worthless. Besides momentum you gain no advantage. Guess ill go ahead and pick the closed map next time.
You could have always asked us.Me and Kohath have been staying up late and this was one of the reasons.So that you can contact us if you need something clarified.
And let's be honest here,this tournament(NA version) was run by only two admins(Kohath and Me) who had to stay up late a LOT in order to be available to teams.
Since no one had complaints about that rule before this scrim and no one suggested a thing about it in topics then for us that was a sign that you understood the rules.The rules which you should not have signed to play under if you thought they were not clear enough.
This is why in sign ups we have question:"Did you read and agree to rules?"

Match was really good and i enjoyed it.
About next NA WWC season,I am not 100% sure we will be holding it.But in case we do,new rules we will be introducing in EU version will be used in NA as well.Rules which will see Duels become way more important.

Erminas said:
Rule is that you can play either 1 Open/Mixed category map then 1 Closed category map.Or you can pick Special Category map and combine it with one map from Open/Mixed category or one map from Closed category.Special Category has both closed and open/mixed types of maps.
Does this make it clear?

Ok,what i do not get is why did no one suggest a thing about rules in  topics we had?
And if you they were not clear to you,why didn't you contact admin who would have explained it?

I agree that wording is maybe not the best,but afaik majority of teams understood it.And i recall TMW-DoF playing on 2 closed type maps(1 was from Closed category other was from Special category).Maybe there were more scrims like that then just this one.

Achilles_TheIV said:
Farm = Open map. gg roolz
Ok,now what i especially do not understand is all complaining about Farm.It was put under special category because it was rarely played in scrims.
And actually if you look at UNAC 2 rules,you could see Reveran Village(mixed category) and Farm(open category) being played there as well.
So yeah to this post...

CalamityuP said:
You could have always asked us.Me and Kohath have been staying up late and this was one of the reasons.So that you can contact us if you need something clarified.
And let's be honest here,this tournament(NA version) was run by only two admins(Kohath and Me) who had to stay up late a LOT in order to be available to teams.
Since no one had complaints about that rule before this scrim and no one suggested a thing about it in topics then for us that was a sign that you understood the rules.The rules which you should not have signed to play under if you thought they were not clear enough.
This is why in sign ups we have question:"Did you read and agree to rules?"

Match was really good and i enjoyed it.
About next NA WWC season,I am not 100% sure we will be holding it.But in case we do,new rules we will be introducing in EU version will be used in NA as well.Rules which will see Duels become way more important.

Assumptions were made and that is our fault. Achilles is saying, We were frustrated since it was Open/Mixed put together, so we were trying to lock out Open/Mixed from Balion's choice. But as we all know, our assumption was wrong.

Code:
[u][i]breaking news[/i][/u]
calamity tied 4 clockwise 4 mvp due to threats made 2 certain voters. vote clock vote justice

I voted for you Clockwise, but you need to lose the tags by 1930 hours pacific or I'm giving my vote to calamity because probably got a lot of girls pregnant in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom