[NA WWC]Season I Champions Edition - Season winners: Balion Mercenaries!!!

Pick your MVP for the NA Champions WWC

• Scott Ray

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Zero

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Calamity

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Clockwise

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghaern said:
The duel becomes "worthless" because the heart of the advantage with winning the duel is not necessarily picking a specific map but rather it is found in preventing your opponent from picking their desired category.  If the meaning is like that posted in the example just above the team who wins the duel cannot effectively block a map type with their first pick.  This was one of the main reasons for introducing map-types to begin with - to force teams to play ALL map types and not be able to only bank one style to win.  With your understanding, Kohath, teams can effectively play on two maps of the same category during the match.

I wrote out a pretty long rebuttal to this, but I'm tired and I'm sure it was filled with mistakes, so I'm going to try and condense it.

Basically, every team can use the duel advantage differently, and "blocking the enemy category" is not, in any way, the catch-all best strategy. If the opponent your facing is not a category specific team, if your team tends to lose focus and drop rounds after playing long amounts of time, or if you are a category specific team and you're playing against the opposite category specific team, then it seems mathematically and psychologically better to choose your best map first in hopes of getting ahead.

Additionally, part of my understand of the intent of the Warband Weekend Cup in the NA was to provide a competitive environment between UNAC seasons, and so the idea of playing maps that were not yet "ready" for competitive play in order to test them makes perfect sense. If I'm understanding correctly, those maps were put in a special category because we as a community decided they don't play correctly enough to be put into our precious unac categories.

Mr.X said:
Additionally, part of my understand of the intent of the Warband Weekend Cup in the NA was to provide a competitive environment between UNAC seasons, and so the idea of playing maps that were not yet "ready" for competitive play in order to test them makes perfect sense. If I'm understanding correctly, those maps were put in a special category because we as a community decided they don't play correctly enough to be put into our precious unac categories.
Exactly!
However i noticed that lot of good maps that were in special category were sadly not played so much.Maps like The Farm or Quagmire which will be used in UNAC 2.
So what we will do for next season(s) is that there will be one fixed map(from special category).The second map will be picked by the winner of duels.
This will make duel way more important in our opinion.This could help future tournaments like UNAC 3 or WNL and it should make it easier to pick good new maps for competitive scrims.

This is just congratulations post for the NA Champions WWC participants.
NA Season I retrospective topic(stats,pictures,final placements...) will be made soon.

I have asked Captains to kindly answer couple of questions.

WWC%201st%20draft.png

6qct.png
  Fourth Place goes to 
6qct.png

Kingdom of Avalon

s1nachampfourth_zps386ac086.png

John said:
1.Your opinion of WWC competition?
Felt like the competition was good, I look forward to fighting the teams again

2.Opinion of your team's performance in Season I ?
I think we did really well, by regular season wins we did the best of any of the teams with 2 Gold medals. In the end at champions I felt like we put up a good fight against the other teams, but we were missing some parts of our key roster in those matches and next time it will be a much closer battle.

Some really good performances are behind you guys.Like John has nicely said you guys were by far the best team in regular season.It really is a shame you were lacking few players in the Champions WWC.I personally think that WWC has shown us that difference between mid tier and top tier teams has never been smaller then at this moment.So in future UNAC competitions we could see some clans like KoA surpassing top 4 teams in NA.You guys definitely have potential to do so.

Thanks for participating KoA,best of luck in other tourneys!

DFvnN.png
  Bronze Cup goes to 
DFvnN.png

The Midnight Watchmen

s1nachampbronze_zps34128ccd.png

Unicorn said:
1. It was a good way to give competitive opportunity to some newer players and to get us warmed up again and after taking a break post-UNAC.

2.Opinion of your team's performance in Season I?
I'm satisfied with our performance. Lots of close/fun matches. We're hoping to keep it up in UNAC2.

You have lost few players that were core of TMW so having that in mind i think WWC was success for you.You had some really good opponents to fight against.Your new players will soon adapt to your playing style i am sure of it,so we will probably see TMW being really strong again.In my opinion this was really good tournament for you guys to practice teamplay ahead of UNAC 2 and i believe that was the main reason you entered our competition.Thanks for participating :wink:

Congratulations for winning the Bronze Cup TMW.Good luck in UNAC!

geij.png
  Silver Cup goes to 
geij.png

West Knights

s1nachampsilver_zps11e9cd5e.png

Calamity said:
We liked the competition and we're ready for S2 of UNAC. The wording and rule set of WWC definitely needs some improvement. Ghaern summarized it well here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295259.msg7022275.html#msg7022275

We did well but obviously could have done better. After going undefeated for 4+ months it's nice to get the taste of blood. Better now than S2 of UNAC.

Thanks for joining WWC West Knights.You guys brought lot of quality to this tournament and you were participants of the most intensive scrim WWC has seen(against HB).Golden Cup scrims was also very exciting to watch and i am happy that two great clans were fighting for the title.Good luck in UNAC!

Congratulations wK!

6u43.png
  Gold Cup goes to 
6u43.png

Balion Mercenaries

s1nachampgold_zpsb5916149.png

Zero said:
WWC was a very fun learning experience for both myself and my clan. Due to its unique format we had to play every match like it was the finals and that made for some very intense matches.

I think my team was the standout performance of the season. We started on a rough road losing, but we pursed our rightful place. First place. We were able to overcome many odds and that people didn't think we would. But most importantly we played as a team you do not see in a single match of ours one person carrying the whole team its a collective effort. Unlike every other clan who has that one person that's always the one to carry and if they do bad the team does bad.

Well deserved victory if i may say so myself.You really have improved over the course of season and i am happy to see few players like Peas have joined you back.We all know that Balions have always valued teamplay the most,so it really is a pleasure to watch you play on your good day and many new clans could learn a lot from you.You are one of the oldest clans in NA and i love that you guys are still around.Some of your members have always been ready to help new players which is not something we can see everyday.You have remained firmly on the ground trough good or bad times and you always seem to show this desire to improve even after 4 years of Warband.That really is inspiring,especially for the newer clans.From fourth place to bronze medal to Wild card to Golden Cup.Unique journey for (in positive way) the one of a kind clan!

Well done Balions,you are our Season I Champions.Well deserved!!!

NA Champions WWC  MVP Award

Lets look at the poll.
It's wK member Calamity.This players has shown great performances during the whole season.Highlight moment was definitely 6 kills in single round against TMW in the Semi Final scrim of Champions WWC.Congratulations!

So,congrats to Calamity The MVP of the NA Champions WWC and Season I !

Topic will be open for few more days for congratulations posts and closing thoughts.
-NA Hall of Fame has been updated
Season I retrospective topic will be posted in next few days

Thanks to all NA clans for participating.And once again HUGE thanks to SimRai without whom all of this wouldn't be possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom