My Take on your great MOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Ultra

Sergeant at Arms
Hey, ive been playing this mod for sum time now and i wanted to give sum useful feedback on this mod. i will do this in clear pointers as i dnt liike blabbing in looong boring essays.

- i would love to see more of the 'city of serather' good insight, but i think, as well as you upping the stats on the sword ( which i know is in progress) u should make an actual dungeon to gain rather than having sum guardians - skeletons- random mob attack you as have been suggested in other posts.  i think the mod called the hordlands has an actual fully working dungeon making the game more immersive and with a better feel. you must try the dungeon to see what i mean.

- i think that all the rolling hills beautiful and make more of a fantasy continent. but i must pick out the trees on the main map, i suggest you cut a few down as i can hardly see my own party moving or other enemy partys moving in them. unless of course this was intentional.

- i believe the feron armies like the berserkers should have less hp because lets be honest i can own every other faction with them, even the gladeborn, because i can get to them before they can kill me with there top quality archers. also the undead dont have a chance in close combat, even though they have no archers.

- i love the masses of bandit - like partys wandering the wastes, some may complain they are too powerful (such as crusader of the dawn) but this brings the player down frm the native style of run around on a horse  like a god killing armies of 400+ single handed. also because of the amount running round at any time on the map those boring travelling from place to place becomes more fun and tbh i feel less like using the ctrl+click move cheat as i have used a lot in other mods.

- quests. one word ---- awesome.  keep it up love the whole idea makes the game feel like a more in depth game and less like a indie game.

-im totally loving the version 3 improvements to come and i hope you deliver these as fast as possible!! looks like M+B is guna get a lot more in depth....

other than the above ( which i hope hasnt been too long for you) i want to wish u all the best on this mod as it is by far the first in my top 5 mods. thank you for your time and effort to bring the community something to be proud of.

mount and blade clearly has the best modders right up there with those oblivion nutters. :grin: :grin: :grin:

First of all, thx for the pointers. Now to answer ur questions

1) I believe Serathar will be removed temporary in the next release, And will be added back once a functional quest is implemented

2) Yes the trees are intentional, I juz love Guerrilla warfare.

3) Hmm... most of the feedback we have obtain involves killing a lot of ferons... ur one of the minorities who stick with them i'll say (like me). They do have their drawbacks, namely bad armor, and slow attack speed.

But in close combat, u'll die facing off ferons. Even without being swamped, they can own ur ass on highest difficulties. It would not be a walk in the park when playing infantry like in native.

Undeads have not been fully implemented as for now, when they are, expect them to be flooding enemies.

4) When kardio announced that the crusaders will be nerfed a little, I shouted "WTF!!!" It's almost like in Talera, everything goes in a reversal compared to native : in native, u chase down bandits, In talera, bandits chase down U!!  :shock:  But not all people can stand evading bandit parties everywhere they go and hence the nerfing.

Main reason for the Crusader nerf is due to their weapons/armor being too strong for the player to use and for the player to hire on.  If you play as each faction is intended to (using only faction troops and fighting on foot if Feron or Planelord), I think you'll find things a bit more difficult.

i see your point, just did a quick new game cheated to get me to like lvl 15 and tried to take on sum ferons on foot, pretty hard going though i still cant get newhere in winning  feels like im the computer losing all the time (and im usually pretty good, game on norm difficulty) it was roughly 100 on 100 i had mix of undead and gladeborn, and my gladeborn got nowhere in killing any before they got to my army. the undead lasted sumwhere between 10 - 20 seconds before being cut up. - i had no cavalry though. i think i might re do it but with cavalry and see what happens.

also i can now understand the crusader nerfing from the point of view of the player getting plate armour on the lower levels, but i was hoping you can restrict the items they drop, such as giving 'broken' plate armour which the player can sell and not use. ive seen that implemented in another mod too but tbh dont remember wot one. also is there no way to force the player not to be able to hire them? plus may i just mention that if you do hire them they come in relativly small numbers.

thanks for your replys.

Back
Top Bottom