My Suggestions for this game

Users who are viewing this thread

Vigato

Recruit
WARNING TO ALL THAT HAVE BEGUN READING:  If you have reading problems and are so impatient that if you had the choice of going to the bathroom in your seat and in the toilet, that you would go in your seat because you cannot wait, then you probably shouldn't even bother reading this.  Not to say its that long but I'm just preparing those children that CANNOT read more then 5 sentences without their attention spans fizzing out and losing all self control. 

When i played this game a while back, i liked it enough to buy and support the game.  I enjoy sandbox games, however, even sandbox games need to have enough gameplay options to keep it fun and dynamic.  Nobody plays an empty sandbox game, no matter how much freedom you have.  I'm going to divide it into sections based on certain categories.

First off lets talk about Gameplay

I like the game from the standpoint that it doesn't slam you into a story and say that you have no choice, i hate those games unless i really deliberately wanted to play one, like picking up Lost Odyssey for Xbox.  If i wanted a linear game, i would go play one.  Sandbox games really out do linear games by leaps and bounds.  Giving player freedom is the best thing you can do for a game.  Like i said though, there needs to be lots of gameplay options within a sandbox or its just a barren wasteland, i don't think anyone with any sense or life would find that enjoyable.

So what does Mount and Blade do right with sandbox?  From day 1, you can go wherever you want, but what you can do is different and limited.

I started off near the Vaegrs and went to the training area, fought off 3 rounds of each soldier type and then completed training.  In my opinion, fighting through them once is more appropriate, 3 isn't necessary, it gets repetitious.  You're going to be fighting a ton in the game anyway and you could always go back for more training if you wanted to.

I then proceeded to a town where i had only 4 options.  Recruit, which isn't always available.  Village Center.  Buy Supplies.  Hostile Action which only allows me to take their supplies or cattle, but not let you take the town for yourself.  Or even bribe the town or use persuasion skill to make them join you,  so thats VERY limited and disappointing. 

Let me get a little bit more into towns.

Towns give you quests from the town elder, the other villagers maybe will ask you for the same quest of 300 silver to help their family but it doesn't raise the towns prosperity at all, just your reputation with them.  There is no way to help the village to become prosperous and the town graphic doesn't change or upgrade in any way shape or form to make it look like a more bustling city, which is disappointing.  The only way to maybe make it better is to become a lord of that nation and to be given the town.  Then you are forced to wait a collosal and unreasonable amount of time for buildings to be created, the options for creating things in towns is very limited as well.  Manor, Mill, Messenger service, and some others i can't recall.  But it takes a ridiculous 80 days or more to build, thats a LONG time.  I didn't wait long enough to find out what happens to that one.
The fact that you cannot take the towns over or persuade them is a huge disappointment because it limits the game incredibly.  If i wanted to join a lord then i would join a lord, but even if i do all i can do is pillage the town and leave it to rot, i cannot claim it ever.

Castles are a little bit more filled with content, they have more shops, a tavern, an arena and you can visit the lord of the castle.  The shops are fine but the tavern is very empty and boring.  Theres no excitement in there that you would expect from a tavern, you just have one option from the bartender to buy everyone a drink, which raises your reputation.  One person to hire, and sometimes a slave trader or a traveler or a hero character.  There should be lots of people in there with lots of quests that you can do.  It should have the feel of a tavern, not an empty storehouse.  Give it a little ransomness, it doesn't always have to have people in it.  The arena is not exciting, there should be more people visible in the stand cheering and getting involved in the suspense.  There should be a special music for it.  Boos and cheers depending on what happens.  There should be different games that the player can choose to do, where the entire battlemap changes within the arena, like roleplaying a famous war of some kind and dividing players on teams and putting up objectives other then last man standing.  You could have players wreck a tower as if its some sort of fortress that was being defended in some great war that took place long ago, and you're roleplaying it in the arena, you get what im saying?  Not just, 3vs3, 1vs1 of naked men with random weapons, cmon you gotta have a little bit more creativity then that.

When i first walked into the lords room i was interested in talking to him wondering what kind of interactions i could do with him BUT, you get this very limited options problem again.  He asks me who i am, thats fine.  Then all i can do is ask him something about finding a person or how goes the war, which i can already get a sense of anyway through the game log, my travels and the world map.  Then you can ask him what tasks you would like to do, he gives me a quest to send some letter to someone, LOL, a letter? Me: "Hi, how are YOU doing",NPC " Oh hi, peasant, go send this letter for me" LOL.  Um ok.  So i go ahead and do that, you know what the other guys says,NPC "Hey scrub, go send this letter for me as well", ME "Calradia Postal Service, at your service SIR!"  And i don't even get paid anymore then 30 silver for each letter either, hmm, not a good living, thats not going to pay my army upkeep or my food bills, hmm.  I was doing better rolling mountain bandit heads.

So i went to another lord and he told me to kill someone he didn't like very much in a town that was 3 spaces away.  So i went into the town asking people where he was, so it was a scavenger hunt.  I found him in a field and he told me that i wasn't going anywhere!!  Bam, knocked him out with my mace.  For some reason the town hates me because i took care of a cutthroat?  Strange.  But i guess so since he said that he was staying with his kin, where was his kin i wonder, nobody came to his aid, strange.  I guess his father looked out the window and said, Henry is getting his head bashed in, oh well, who cares.  Would have been more fun if i had to fight off his whole family at once.

So i go back to the king and get my 300 coins.  Then i went to another castle, and you know what?  There was ANOTHER cutthroat, who would have known, and he was 3 clicks away, man.  His name was Bob this time and he was in the same town layout, and in the same field, wow, deja vu.  He also told me that "YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE FOOL", Bam, one shot kill.  So i dragged his body to the king, 300 coins.  And i said, hmm, this is decent money, killing cutthroats, so lets goto this castle so i can hopefully kill another cutthroat in the same town layout and in the same field, for the same money, and have him tell me that "YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE".  But no sadly, the king wanted me to do something else, take a guess, A LETTER!"  I'm sure you knew that one!  And he also gave me......30 silver coins!!  He also called me a scrub.  I guess nobody likes me since i only have around 2 reputation with them so i guess that must be why i get all the crappy jobs, hmm.

One day i walked into a new castle and the tournament had started.  So i joined, and guess what happened.  It put me on a horse, and gave me a bow.  Uh oh, i am a trained swordsman on horseback, not a bowmen.  But sorry, you don't get to choose what you fight with, so guess what, yep, i got owned.  That was the quickest tournament i ever participated in, oh well better luck next time.  Honestly we should get to choose what we fight with.  I also would like the bet option to go up to 1,000, i had a lot of money at that point, 100 coins was too low.

Ok so to sum this whole thing up,  Towns and Castles need to be reworked extensively with better quests, more variety, different dialogue, different rewards in both money and items.  This is a nice sandbox game yet i am so limited in my options that after playing it for a day, it gets really old.  The way to fix that is to improve the quest content, nothing wrong with providing gameplay within sandbox, people can still do what they please, but at least you give them options of fun things to do.

Currently the only quests i have seen are, "Deliver Letter You Scrub!", "Go kill the Nervous man for me", "Join the Campaign", "Follow a spy", "Collect a debt".

Let me go over the spy and campaign one.  The spy, i feel it could be reworked, i was at revyadin and the spy never came out and if it did, he flew by so fast that i had no time to catch him, there was no way to reset the quest or to try again, he was just flat out gone, i sat there for one week of in-game time, pitching in my little tent.  Never came, ME "Sorry Lord, can't do it" NPC " Get outta here scrub" That's 50 DKP minus!!  :cry:

The Campaign is broken, for 4 straight tries, when i got the quest of, Meet some lord because he has a campaign, the marshall, as i walked towards him, it failed automatically.  Then one time i finally was able to walk to him and begin the quest, and guess what happened.  He pranced around for 30 days and did nothing, he didn't attack, he didn't give me orders, he just pranced around like he had nothing to do and wasted my time and upkeep money, and no i didn't stay the entire 30 days, you'd have to be insane, i left.  And he gave me a warning, i ignored him, and he said, Marshall " You will never be forgiven for this"!! Me "eh, so what".

Ok, so i have other stuff to do i was planning on making this longer but i have work to do.  Summing this up really quick.  This game was fun for a little bit, but due to the serious lack of anything to do except hunt down bands of units and very limited quests causes this game to get a score of 5/10.  And i say that because its not finished, you cannot be seriously considering this game to be ready to leave beta stage.  If you do, you will get such negative reviews that nobody will touch this game, i don't know what pushed you to believe that this game was in any way shape or form ready to be released for retail.  You have a very nice high potential game on your hands and it even has great mod capability, don't ruin it by rushing it out.  I don't know if its a time issue, money, lack of motivation, impatience to get money or success, whatever it is....don't do it.  Don't see this as an insult to you, your designers or your game.  Its honest feedback, you did a great job, keep it up, but its not ready to leave beta stage.  If you no longer care, or if you want to achieve low success, by aiming low and putting forth low effort then you will get very little success with this game, but if you continue to finish it and make it more polished, it will be a great game.

It needs:

1) Better Graphics
2) Better quests
3) More gameplay options, not being able to be King of Calradia, now that just sucks.
4) More music and sound tracks
5) More dialogue instead of "Were gonna rip of your legs, nice and slow, like 50,000 times"
6) Add a more dynamic feel to the towns, let them upgrade, and prosper and change, more events need to take place in the world, its just too predictable.  It feels like its been half-assed and rushed, it needs more content and variety, more polish.

Please discuss this, I'm open to conversation on this and i don't care what you want to say, so just express yourselves.  I like this game and i want to help make it better, its not ready to leave beta, and it will fail if prematurely launched.  I supported it and bought it because thats not very much money anyway, not much of a loss, but will i play this game a year from now?  No i won't, it needs to be improved upon quite a bit.  Please take some of this to heart.

Vigato said:
WARNING TO ALL THAT HAVE BEGUN READING:  If you have reading problems and are so impatient that if you had the choice of going to the bathroom in your seat and in the toilet, that you would go in your seat because you cannot wait, then you probably shouldn't even bother reading this.  Not to say its that long but I'm just preparing those children that CANNOT read more then 5 sentences without their attention spans fizzing out and losing all self control. 

((I just pissed myself!))

When i played this game a while back, i liked it enough to buy and support the game.  I enjoy sandbox games, however, even sandbox games need to have enough gameplay options to keep it fun and dynamic.  Nobody plays an empty sandbox game, no matter how much freedom you have.  I'm going to divide it into sections based on certain categories.

((As you should.))

First off lets talk about Gameplay

((Ok.))

I like the game from the standpoint that it doesn't slam you into a story and say that you have no choice, i hate those games unless i really deliberately wanted to play one, like picking up Lost Odyssey for Xbox.  If i wanted a linear game, i would go play one.  Sandbox games really out do linear games by leaps and bounds.  Giving player freedom is the best thing you can do for a game.  Like i said though, there needs to be lots of gameplay options within a sandbox or its just a barren wasteland, i don't think anyone with any sense or life would find that enjoyable.

((xbox is big.))

So what does Mount and Blade do right with sandbox?  From day 1, you can go wherever you want, but what you can do is different and limited.

((Yep.))

I started off near the Vaegrs and went to the training area, fought off 3 rounds of each soldier type and then completed training.  In my opinion, fighting through them once is more appropriate, 3 isn't necessary, it gets repetitious.  You're going to be fighting a ton in the game anyway and you could always go back for more training if you wanted to.

((That spot is only good for a free level-up.))

I then proceeded to a town where i had only 4 options.  Recruit, which isn't always available.  Village Center.  Buy Supplies.  Hostile Action which only allows me to take their supplies or cattle, but not let you take the town for yourself.  Or even bribe the town or use persuasion skill to make them join you,  so thats VERY limited and disappointing. 

((You mean a village? First of all, a village is a community of sharefarmers that are in serfdom to a lord in return for letting them live there, even though the villagers have to upkeep their own landsakes, it still belongs to the lord. Siezing such an estate would automatically put you at war with the faction, and even worse, other kingdoms raiding your village freely with you being unable to retaliate without starting a war with them. After all, raiding villages doesnt incite a war with a faction, it just makes the land owner and the peasants hate you. If you did persuade the peasants to give the taxes to you instead of their lord, said lord would fall upon the village with his army and see what was going on. You'd immediately have to defend your villagers from the lord's army. If you didn't, he would sieze control once again. Villages all over the place would be immediately siezed by other lords too.))

Let me get a little bit more into towns.

((Ok.))

Towns give you quests from the town elder, the other villagers maybe will ask you for the same quest of 300 silver to help their family but it doesn't raise the towns prosperity at all, just your reputation with them.  There is no way to help the village to become prosperous and the town graphic doesn't change or upgrade in any way shape or form to make it look like a more bustling city, which is disappointing.  The only way to maybe make it better is to become a lord of that nation and to be given the town.  Then you are forced to wait a collosal and unreasonable amount of time for buildings to be created, the options for creating things in towns is very limited as well.  Manor, Mill, Messenger service, and some others i can't recall.  But it takes a ridiculous 80 days or more to build, thats a LONG time.  I didn't wait long enough to find out what happens to that one.
The fact that you cannot take the towns over or persuade them is a huge disappointment because it limits the game incredibly.  If i wanted to join a lord then i would join a lord, but even if i do all i can do is pillage the town and leave it to rot, i cannot claim it ever.

((Villages, not towns. I believe the only way for prosperity to increase is for farmers to go back and forth between their village and the big towns. I gave my fief a free 2500 denars, and in a few days it was all gone and my fief was still wretchedly poor even though 1 denar is like a week of laboring. Only messenger post and prisoner tower is useful when it comes to fiefs, as in 2 game weeks you can get 60 relations with a single village for the cost of a school and mill.))

Castles are a little bit more filled with content, they have more shops, a tavern, an arena and you can visit the lord of the castle.  The shops are fine but the tavern is very empty and boring.  Theres no excitement in there that you would expect from a tavern, you just have one option from the bartender to buy everyone a drink, which raises your reputation.  One person to hire, and sometimes a slave trader or a traveler or a hero character.  There should be lots of people in there with lots of quests that you can do.  It should have the feel of a tavern, not an empty storehouse.  Give it a little ransomness, it doesn't always have to have people in it.  The arena is not exciting, there should be more people visible in the stand cheering and getting involved in the suspense.  There should be a special music for it.  Boos and cheers depending on what happens.  There should be different games that the player can choose to do, where the entire battlemap changes within the arena, like roleplaying a famous war of some kind and dividing players on teams and putting up objectives other then last man standing.  You could have players wreck a tower as if its some sort of fortress that was being defended in some great war that took place long ago, and you're roleplaying it in the arena, you get what im saying?  Not just, 3vs3, 1vs1 of naked men with random weapons, cmon you gotta have a little bit more creativity then that.

((Towns, not castles. The people in the arena fighting 24/7 are basically homeless people fighting to feed themselves, or prepare themselves for war, or doing it for recognition. So going naked with sticks is enough.))

When i first walked into the lords room i was interested in talking to him wondering what kind of interactions i could do with him BUT, you get this very limited options problem again.  He asks me who i am, thats fine.  Then all i can do is ask him something about finding a person or how goes the war, which i can already get a sense of anyway through the game log, my travels and the world map.  Then you can ask him what tasks you would like to do, he gives me a quest to send some letter to someone, LOL, a letter? Me: "Hi, how are YOU doing",NPC " Oh hi, peasant, go send this letter for me" LOL.  Um ok.  So i go ahead and do that, you know what the other guys says,NPC "Hey scrub, go send this letter for me as well", ME "Calradia Postal Service, at your service SIR!"  And i don't even get paid anymore then 30 silver for each letter either, hmm, not a good living, thats not going to pay my army upkeep or my food bills, hmm.  I was doing better rolling mountain bandit heads.

((Actually 30 denars is a very good pay, as it can fun 30 rhodoks for a week or warmongering or you can buy enough food to sustain yourself for months. Seriously. Buy a 30 denar loaf of bread and see how long it takes for YOU to eat it. 30 days into my solo game, I STILL HAVE THE SAME SMOKED FISH I STARTED WITH.))

So i went to another lord and he told me to kill someone he didn't like very much in a town that was 3 spaces away.  So i went into the town asking people where he was, so it was a scavenger hunt.  I found him in a field and he told me that i wasn't going anywhere!!  Bam, knocked him out with my mace.  For some reason the town hates me because i took care of a cutthroat?  Strange.  But i guess so since he said that he was staying with his kin, where was his kin i wonder, nobody came to his aid, strange.  I guess his father looked out the window and said, Henry is getting his head bashed in, oh well, who cares.  Would have been more fun if i had to fight off his whole family at once.

((He probably hid away from his family to keep them safe. Relations drops because you killed him in the village he was born in. Anyway, tab out before relations drops.))

So i go back to the king and get my 300 coins.  Then i went to another castle, and you know what?  There was ANOTHER cutthroat, who would have known, and he was 3 clicks away, man.  His name was Bob this time and he was in the same town layout, and in the same field, wow, deja vu.  He also told me that "YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE FOOL", Bam, one shot kill.  So i dragged his body to the king, 300 coins.  And i said, hmm, this is decent money, killing cutthroats, so lets goto this castle so i can hopefully kill another cutthroat in the same town layout and in the same field, for the same money, and have him tell me that "YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE".  But no sadly, the king wanted me to do something else, take a guess, A LETTER!"  I'm sure you knew that one!  And he also gave me......30 silver coins!!  He also called me a scrub.  I guess nobody likes me since i only have around 2 reputation with them so i guess that must be why i get all the crappy jobs, hmm.

((Jobs are random.))

One day i walked into a new castle and the tournament had started.  So i joined, and guess what happened.  It put me on a horse, and gave me a bow.  Uh oh, i am a trained swordsman on horseback, not a bowmen.  But sorry, you don't get to choose what you fight with, so guess what, yep, i got owned.  That was the quickest tournament i ever participated in, oh well better luck next time.  Honestly we should get to choose what we fight with.  I also would like the bet option to go up to 1,000, i had a lot of money at that point, 100 coins was too low.

((You were defeated even though you had a horse? You suck.))

Ok so to sum this whole thing up,  Towns and Castles need to be reworked extensively with better quests, more variety, different dialogue, different rewards in both money and items.  This is a nice sandbox game yet i am so limited in my options that after playing it for a day, it gets really old.  The way to fix that is to improve the quest content, nothing wrong with providing gameplay within sandbox, people can still do what they please, but at least you give them options of fun things to do.

((Ok.))

Currently the only quests i have seen are, "Deliver Letter You Scrub!", "Go kill the Nervous man for me", "Join the Campaign", "Follow a spy", "Collect a debt".

((Don't forget murdering a merchant that the king/lord owes money to, and collecting taxes from a fief, and taking a lord's wife to another city))

Let me go over the spy and campaign one.  The spy, i feel it could be reworked, i was at revyadin and the spy never came out and if it did, he flew by so fast that i had no time to catch him, there was no way to reset the quest or to try again, he was just flat out gone, i sat there for one week of in-game time, pitching in my little tent.  Never came, ME "Sorry Lord, can't do it" NPC " Get outta here scrub" That's 50 DKP minus!!  :cry:

((You play WoW don't you? Anyway, the spy did come out. Time is sped up for 2 hours so that the spy doesnt immediately spot you and run away.))

The Campaign is broken, for 4 straight tries, when i got the quest of, Meet some lord because he has a campaign, the marshall, as i walked towards him, it failed automatically.  Then one time i finally was able to walk to him and begin the quest, and guess what happened.  He pranced around for 30 days and did nothing, he didn't attack, he didn't give me orders, he just pranced around like he had nothing to do and wasted my time and upkeep money, and no i didn't stay the entire 30 days, you'd have to be insane, i left.  And he gave me a warning, i ignored him, and he said, Marshall " You will never be forgiven for this"!! Me "eh, so what".

((Quests automatically fail sometimes when something happens. Like if a new marshall is appointed, your marshall/campaign quests fail.))

Ok, so i have other stuff to do i was planning on making this longer but i have work to do.  Summing this up really quick.  This game was fun for a little bit, but due to the serious lack of anything to do except hunt down bands of units and very limited quests causes this game to get a score of 5/10.  And i say that because its not finished, you cannot be seriously considering this game to be ready to leave beta stage.  If you do, you will get such negative reviews that nobody will touch this game, i don't know what pushed you to believe that this game was in any way shape or form ready to be released for retail.  You have a very nice high potential game on your hands and it even has great mod capability, don't ruin it by rushing it out.  I don't know if its a time issue, money, lack of motivation, impatience to get money or success, whatever it is....don't do it.  Don't see this as an insult to you, your designers or your game.  Its honest feedback, you did a great job, keep it up, but its not ready to leave beta stage.  If you no longer care, or if you want to achieve low success, by aiming low and putting forth low effort then you will get very little success with this game, but if you continue to finish it and make it more polished, it will be a great game.

It needs:

((You need: A mod.))

1) Better Graphics
2) Better quests
3) More gameplay options, not being able to be King of Calradia, now that just sucks.
4) More music and sound tracks
5) More dialogue instead of "Were gonna rip of your legs, nice and slow, like 50,000 times"
6) Add a more dynamic feel to the towns, let them upgrade, and prosper and change, more events need to take place in the world, its just too predictable.  It feels like its been half-assed and rushed, it needs more content and variety, more polish.

Please discuss this, I'm open to conversation on this and i don't care what you want to say, so just express yourselves.  I like this game and i want to help make it better, its not ready to leave beta, and it will fail if prematurely launched.  I supported it and bought it because thats not very much money anyway, not much of a loss, but will i play this game a year from now?  No i won't, it needs to be improved upon quite a bit.  Please take some of this to heart.

((Also, use search function. All of the stuff you talked about is in other threads.))

Your replies fail to really make a point other then to show how you like the game how it is and you don't want anything to change or improve.  Thats fine for a free game that will never make money, but not for a game going retail, sorry.  Funny, sometimes, but not really constructive.  I don't claim to be perfect, but i do know that this game needs more polish and content to be even better.  No i do not need a mod, my point has nothing to do with mods, I'm talking about the default system campaign that comes with Mount and Blade.  Of course, you can get mods, alot of games have mods, but they have a good standard foundational game embedded into the game to start you off, then you can always goto mods when you have won that game.  When i began playing, i was expecting quests and other things to do, gameplay options and then i wanted to conquer all of calradia but no, i can't do that.  I can take on hundreds of people on by myself on horseback, and i don't care how challenging it is, you could always put systems in place to help you conquer the map.  You are very limited in this game to the point where it fails to keep your interest for very long, there is no victory other then to join a faction and be their little minion, sorry, thats not for me.

And lastly, if all of my points were already made, then im surprised the final build didn't pay attention to them.  This game is not ready for release, period.

Vigato said:
  Your replies fail to really make a point other then to show how you like the game how it is and you don't want anything to change or improve.  Thats fine for a free game that will never make money, but not for a game going retail, sorry.  Funny, sometimes, but not really constructive.  I don't claim to be perfect, but i do know that this game needs more polish and content to be even better.  No i do not need a mod, my point has nothing to do with mods, I'm talking about the default system campaign that comes with Mount and Blade.  Of course, you can get mods, alot of games have mods, but they have a good standard foundational game embedded into the game to start you off, then you can always goto mods when you have won that game.  When i began playing, i was expecting quests and other things to do, gameplay options and then i wanted to conquer all of calradia but no, i can't do that.  I can take on hundreds of people on by myself on horseback, and i don't care how challenging it is, you could always put systems in place to help you conquer the map.  You are very limited in this game to the point where it fails to keep your interest for very long, there is no victory other then to join a faction and be their little minion, sorry, thats not for me.

And lastly, if all of my points were already made, then im surprised the final build didn't pay attention to them.  This game is not ready for release, period.

:shock: Haven't you ever played Nintento? It's chock full of bad graphics, no story, repetitive crap that sold millions of copies. Sure, that was the video game technology at the time... But it still hasn't changed. Super Mario Kart? Another example of a fun game with nothing to do except race around a track. Counter-strike? That's another. The only story there was "TERRORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTS!"

Sure, I want m&b to have a lot more stuff, but that doesn't mean I would forsake it if it didn't. Much like all the other FPS games out there, the mods will make m&b shine, not the skeleton.

Oblivion promotes Tri's words. The game alone, sub par over hyped ****. With mod? Amazing, top of the line, gorey, army versus army over hyped awesome!

Vigato said:
I then proceeded to a town where i had only 4 options.  Recruit, which isn't always available.  Village Center.  Buy Supplies.  Hostile Action which only allows me to take their supplies or cattle, but not let you take the town for yourself.
First off, that's a village not a town. Villages are controlled by the local castle, if you want to take them over you need to take the castle. Recruitment depends on your relationship with the village, if nobody likes you then they're not going to follow you to glory.
There is no way to help the village to become prosperous
Prosperity is increased each time a farmer party makes it from the village to a town.
and the town graphic doesn't change or upgrade in any way shape or form to make it look like a more bustling city,
Going from a town to a city (or a village to a town) requires sustained affluence long enough for the population to grow, which usually takes decades. It's a bit beyond the scope of the game really.
Castles are a little bit more filled with content, they have more shops, a tavern, an arena and you can visit the lord of the castle.
That's a town, not a castle. There's also the guildmaster who hands out quests, but you need to actually wander the streets to find him.
  For some reason the town hates me because i took care of a cutthroat?  Strange.  But i guess so since he said that he was staying with his kin, where was his kin
Yes, as the Lord informs you the village is his home and it's inhabitants his kin, hence why they hate you when you turn him in.
One day i walked into a new castle and the tournament had started.
Betting increases depending on the odds and the round. Weapons are random to make it difficult rather than free money.

I like his idea about the tavern though.
It would be awesome to see some more life in the local pub, the local drunks, city merchants and travelers including and there could be some more options to the barkeep as well, like buying a drink yourself and sitting and listening to rumors.

But
Archonsod said:
Vigato said:
and the town graphic doesn't change or upgrade in any way shape or form to make it look like a more bustling city,
Going from a town to a city (or a village to a town) requires sustained affluence long enough for the population to grow, which usually takes decades. It's a bit beyond the scope of the game really.

That's true but when I build a manor in a village (a quite important building), I visit the town centre and theres no Manor.
Construction evidence should be present so when you build something it is actually gets built.

And some more options in the dialog would be nice too.

- Theodore

Theodore said:
It would be awesome to see some more life in the local pub, the local drunks, city merchants and travelers including and there could be some more options to the barkeep as well, like buying a drink yourself and sitting and listening to rumors.
More barkeep options maybe. Not too sure about more life though; if you walk into a near full tavern it already looks fairly crowded.
That's true but when I build a manor in a village (a quite important building), I visit the town centre and theres no Manor.
Construction evidence should be present so when you build something it is actually gets built.
AFAIK that would mean a separate scene for each village with every combination of possible upgrades covered, quite a bit of work :lol: It doesn't bother me to be honest, the only reason to actually walk around the village is either to complete or to get a quest. If you could do either from the initial menu I probably wouldn't notice if the ability to wander the village was removed.

Archonsod said:
Theodore said:
More barkeep options maybe. Not too sure about more life though; if you walk into a near full tavern it already looks fairly crowded.
AFAIK that would mean a separate scene for each village with every combination of possible upgrades covered, quite a bit of work :lol: It doesn't bother me to be honest, the only reason to actually walk around the village is either to complete or to get a quest. If you could do either from the initial menu I probably wouldn't notice if the ability to wander the village was removed.

To the first: Not too many NPCs just enough to show that it is the drinking hole of the town.

To the Second: I don't know what AFAIK means but, your right but as one (now banned) poster said with all the entry options there really no need to explore towns. It seems like a waste to me.

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

To be honest I think the main reason we have the 3D village scenes is more to do with the ability to fight in them than wanting to wander them in peacetime. Since they're in there though it makes sense to make a bit extra use of them, thus various quests and the ability to wander. I guess it can be helpful if you're planning to attack or defend the village to learn it's layout, and of course some of them are quite pretty.

If Zendar is anything to go by I suspect there may have been the intention to have more than just the Elder hand out quests, though I'd hope that isn't still on the table :lol:

if it was increased to 1,000 per bet, you would come out of the tournament with about 37,000 coins.....(or its something like 39k :/ cant remember xD )

you just made enough money to buy the most expensive armor/weapons quite a few horses and a quite alot of stuff for your companions.

not to mention quite a few mercs.

Back
Top Bottom