In Progress My pc shutdowns when i play bannerlord, msi gtx1080, 32 gb ram, i7 6700

Users who are viewing this thread

After creating my character,in training or any part of game my pc shutdowns. I didnt had any problem about my pc. I played newest games in high quality-fps but when it comes to bannerlord, suddenly my pc shutdowns without any report or something and restarts himself. There is no specific time or moment of the game.
I tried old patches, Windowed screen, low graphic settings or resolution,updated drivers and still nothing. I got bannerlord on 5 april. Tried everyday and patches but nothing works.

CPU: i7-6700
GPU: 1080
RAM: DDR4 32GB
Motherboard:MSI Z170I Gaming pro
PSU: Corsair ax1200i
Storage: 2xHyperx Savage 960GB SSD,Predator 480GB

Last edited:
Pretty hard to believe. Maybe your cooling? Can you look CPU/GPU temperature benchmarking tools to find out if anything gets too hot? I would guess it must be the CPU being inadequately cooled and dying in huge battles or something.

PC shutting down can be caused by overheating. Check your temperatures.

Games usually don't have the ability (even on crash) to cause the OS to shut down. The OS catches that, and barring any critical failure of particular OS background programs or detected hardware issues, will not automatically turn off or restart your machine. This means that your machine is shutting down specifically either due to hardware failure, or that the OS is trying to protect it from hardware failure, again, sometimes caused by overheating.

Pretty hard to believe. Maybe your cooling? Can you look CPU/GPU temperature benchmarking tools to find out if anything gets too hot? I would guess it must be the CPU being inadequately cooled and dying in huge battles or something.
Yes i did look, its not about it. I tried 100v100 battle and played for 5 minutes and thought it is fixed. Then tried campaign and after 3-4 minutes. It shut downed again.

PC shutting down can be caused by overheating. Check your temperatures.

Games usually don't have the ability (even on crash) to cause the OS to shut down. The OS catches that, and barring any critical failure of particular OS background programs or detected hardware issues, will not automatically turn off or restart your machine. This means that your machine is shutting down specifically either due to hardware failure, or that the OS is trying to protect it from hardware failure, again, sometimes caused by overheating.
Yes i did check about heating.My computer case is In win motorcycle steel tube mini - itx computer case. So its easy to check about temperature and my cpu/gpu temperature never had a problem before and i am currently playing tw3 in max graphics. And still i am trying to play bannerlord in lowest settings but no i cant even travel in map.

Now i can't even return the game because i tried so much and now it looks like i played it 4 hours 34 mins. And its still not fixed.I am student and dont have too much money.And i dont have internet here so i need a game to play so i can do something in my quarantine. Pls need help.

Same issue, the game causes the computer to shut down, regardless of what exactly you're doing, could be in between a battle or the main map, after a while the computer simply crashes. Monitored the temperatures, all well within limits, changed all graphics settings extensively, reproduced the same issue every time, all drivers are up to date, running it on 12 gibs of ram, r9 380, and fx 6300 six core. Ive been through the forums, there's another topic with a similar issue, where some of them have a total shut down while others have a restart of the computer, too many people for this to be a coincidence, or a hardware issue. After i tried all i could, looking at a bunch of suggestions, i eventually got frustrated enough to refund the game. I've been waiting for this for over a decade, and this is very heartbreaking. Coming from where i'm from, it's not exactly affordable for me. So now i'm just waiting till this gets resolved. However, I'm certain that it's not an individual issue. Its happening to too many people.

I have the same issue, pc shuts down. Its not my pc overheating and its not my RAM also (ran many tests). Its olny bannerlord where it happens. It got better after last patch but still it shuts down when i join the army or siege. Now im worried this game ****s up my ram or graphics card, i have never had this kind of issue with any other game. All games play max graph easy,even gta 5.

Specs:
New Built 2018,
Case Corsair Carbide spec 03-CC case,
CPU Intel Xeon e3 1235 v5 2.0ghz/3.00ghz
RoG dual bay Display: temperature, fan, CPU OC Motherboard Asus e3 pro gaming v5 LGA1151 PCI
Card extra m.2 mvne drivers.
Storage nvme m.2 WD 120gb,
Storage 3.5" WD HDD 640gb,
Storage 1TB
RAM hyperx 8gb 2666mhz DDR-4 + more 12gb of ram.
Graphic: Radeon rx580
Power Supply Zalmann 460w super silent, CPU Corsair Liquid Cooler Hydro H55d,
Monitor 144hz

I have the same issue, pc shuts down. Its not my pc overheating and its not my RAM also (ran many tests). Its olny bannerlord where it happens. It got better after last patch but still it shuts down when i join the army or siege. Now im worried this game ****s up my ram or graphics card, i have never had this kind of issue with any other game. All games play max graph easy,even gta 5.

Specs:
New Built 2018,
RoG dual bay Display: temperature, fan, CPU OC Motherboard Asus e3 pro gaming v5 LGA1151 PCI
Storage 1TB
Monitor 144hz

You're 100% sure it's not the CPU nor the GPU overheating? Best to check that is either with a 2nd screen running the benchmark programs or if they log the temperature data to a file.

I've got the same issue. PC reboots without a blue screen while I'm playing, just turning off the power. And I've checked the overheating too: CPU is hot but in stress tests it's even hotter and doesn't cause any reboots.
So I noticed that the reboot is happening after random amount of time after walking inside a town/talking with NPCs in towns(taverns, keeps and arenas doesn't affect reboots though)/fighting sieges. I can play hours without any crashes without entering a town but the most annoying thing I can't continue my game because PC is constantly rebooting while I'm defending my only town.
Version: any version up to e1.0.9
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Gygabyte GeForce 1660 super 6 Gb
CPU: Intel Core I7-4770
RAM: DDR3 16Gb
Motherboard: Asus H87-plus
HDD: Western Digital Gold 1 Tb WD1005FBYZ

Well. It's at least kind of reassuring that multiple people are suffering from the same issue as I am.
It's not our temps guys, we've ran stress tests. No other game causes the PC to restart. A lot of us have exhausted all possibilities and still haven't found any solution to Bannerlord causing our PCs to reboot.

I mentioned in other threads that I have the same issue. Also ran prime 95 torture test without getting any errors and didn't notice stability issues with other taxing task before or since but I didn't dare trying bannerlord after the second shutdown.

Same here constant hard restart of pc. Unplayable and I'm afraid it's going to destroy my PC. I7-2600, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1060 6GB. No other games give me this problem.

All I can say guys is that
1) This is a good thing that so many of us are experiencing it. Even though this has been going on for a week now, our reports were met with skepticism about overheating and faulty hardware. But with so many reporting it, I think it's clear that the issue is on Bannerlord's end.

We need to be vocal. I'd suggest e-mailing Taleworlds. If we all do and provide as much information as humanly possible then they'll surely look into it.

I have been having the same issues. My computer temperatures aren't spiking and I play much more demanding games with zero issue.

Actually there is very few game more demanding on CPU. This game is one of the rare game to use all cores and threads from hyperthreading so the temp and consumption are very high.

Is the PC restart alone 2 possibilities :

Temps too high on the cpu
Or the PSU is at maximum capacity

Specs:
New Built 2018,
Storage 1TB
Monitor 144hz

Sorry to say that you PSU is quite undersized for your config. The 580rtx itself have 330W+ at full load and the CPU 80W

Last edited:
All I can say guys is that
1) This is a good thing that so many of us are experiencing it. Even though this has been going on for a week now, our reports were met with skepticism about overheating and faulty hardware. But with so many reporting it, I think it's clear that the issue is on Bannerlord's end.

We need to be vocal. I'd suggest e-mailing Taleworlds. If we all do and provide as much information as humanly possible then they'll surely look into it.
I will do that now. They shouldnt fudge us like this. I am happy to know i am not the only one have this issue. At least 8 in this title. I dont know how taleworlds is going to fix this issue but at least i want to know they are aware of this problem and on it.

I will do that now. They shouldnt fudge us like this. I am happy to know i am not the only one have this issue. At least 8 in this title. I dont know how taleworlds is going to fix this issue but at least i want to know they are aware of this problem and on it.

I think that we are an unlucky 10% of the consumer-base, and it doesn't help that our issues are so similar to PSU/hardware failures.
They're doing an amazing job considering the global lockdown, but I do hope they take us seriously as our situation is pretty dangerous to our hardware.

Back
Top Bottom