OSP 2D Art My New Banner pack

Users who are viewing this thread

chukcha

Veteran
Just posted a 250+ self made banner pack.

Would like some feedback from you guys.

Here is the link to download:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1959

And some previews:
http://img580.imageshack.us/g/1copy.png/

FINALLY, a banner pack!

The ones you show are very good.  I like #s 5, 9, 14, 19 and 23 (left to right) from your preview.  I also like the octupus one from the zip.  Nice color choice!  I'll see how they look ingame.  Great job! 

You may want to include a txt file in your zip telling people how to add them.  You might also consider including a 'default' setup of banner dds files with banners you think would be appropriate for the various lords so that newbs could stick 'em in and start playing right away.

Thanks!

Sir Devlyn said:
FINALLY, a banner pack!
This is the third one for Warband I've seen. :lol:

But OP, your preview is DAMN awesome, I'm gonna check them out and I may have to use (a few of) them for my mod, if you don't mind. :wink:
Credit will, of course, be given.

I will make .dds' + horisontal banner fix and a text for installation.

FrisianDude,
Please be my guest and if you need anyone to do textures and armor design let me know. I'm bored out of my mind on weekends. :twisted:

chukcha said:
I will make .dds' + horisontal banner fix and a text for installation.

FrisianDude,
Please be my guest and if you need anyone to do textures and armor design let me know. I'm bored out of my mind on weekends. :twisted:
I have to say that's a very tempting offer. Minor problem is that I usually don't know what I want to make until I've made it. :razz: There is one minor point with one of your banners, though. You know the red and yellow quartered one with the black castle and the swords on it? I'd love it if you could replace those curved swords with straight ones. :razz: And well, any vaguely middle-eastern recolour of the Sarranid robes would be quite welcome.

I'll see what I can do. The banner is no problem since I have all the templates. What exactly do you have in mind for Sarranids?

Was wondering if you had tried to make shield versions (the ones in the top left to keep track of scores) of the banners as well, but these banners are awesome and really fit in to existing ones 90914908.png is my fav, go trees

Airith said:
Was wondering if you had tried to make shield versions (the ones in the top left to keep track of scores) of the banners as well, but these banners are awesome and really fit in to existing ones 90914908.png is my fav, go trees

Glad you liked them> I tried to make sure they come out ok on heraldic shields and armor but I would love to turn them into shields if you can give me the templates (img size resolution and shape) :idea: for your shield models. I can do my own texturing though.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten any more attention than it has. These are the best banners I've seen for M&B so far. Just wanted to know if I could use them in my mod (actually they are already in it... just hasn't been released yet :grin:).

Have you planned on doing any for the Sarranids yet? I went through and picked a few out to use for them and tried to stick to a theme. Just curious what you would do with them. Here is the Sarranid spread I put together...

sarranidbanners.png

Thanks for the banners!

Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone needs banners for a mod and also I would like to try out some armor, garment and shield texturing now that I have over 2000 textures available :smile: Let me know if anyone wants or needs help.

I actually do!

For this mod: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115603.0.html
It's a 15th century historical mod.

I have reference pictures for almost all the banners that will be used, and I think the mod would benefit greatly from your excellent work.
I surely could use a helping hand regarding texturing too.

Let me know if you're up for it!

Great I would love to help just give me a list of things you need and your concept and I'll see what I can do :smile:

The winter is over got I hate writing dissertation  :evil:

Anyway I'm finally back at them and taking requests

Back
Top Bottom