My final verdict

Users who are viewing this thread

@kreamy I think it's extreme bureaucracy and no proper project management.
how much bureaucracy can you have in such a small company?

As for the project management - I agree - but I wouldnt call it that (for example, how is it that a 'project' can be 'managed' if the project totally resets development? that just means the project was largely scrapped and restarted...)

Im not arguing with you. Im just stumped how it seems to get worse over time? Not only that, but they got a lot of our money - what are they doing with it?

I think thats they key point - THEY MADE BAGS of money - how are they putting this to use now, and why, 1 year after making all this money, has there been little to no progress on so many fronts?!??

oof.

Wait, does that mean DLC is not planned for Bannerlord, or just that one specific person is not involved in it anymore?
Mexxico is leaving TW so i'm pretty sure it's just him not working on them anymore, really hope TW fixes the gamebreaking things and do some nice improvements to the game before venturing into DLCs though.

I feel like it's more because they share a language and country, so it is much easier for them to communicate.
Ehhh. Idk about that. They can communicate pretty well through the CM, and even the regular devs who have a decent understanding of English can respond with even just basic "yes" or "no". It can't be that complicated.

Ehhh. Idk about that. They can communicate pretty well through the CM, and even the regular devs who have a decent understanding of English can respond with even just basic "yes" or "no". It can't be that complicated.

I never said they don't speak English well enough to communicate with us. The implication was that they have an easier time (maybe even a desire) dealing with fellow countrymen speaking their native tongue.

Ah, okay. I can see that perspective, but still, seeing as a majority of their fanbase does not speak Turkish, as well as the fact that many Turks do understand English, it makes sense from a business perspective to communicate in a language most people understand, and if they wish to post on the Turkish boards as well, more power to them.

Ah, okay. I can see that perspective, but still, seeing as a majority of their fanbase does not speak Turkish, as well as the fact that many Turks do understand English, it makes sense from a business perspective to communicate in a language most people understand, and if they wish to post on the Turkish boards as well, more power to them.
You can turn the tables around and post on the Turkish board with Google Translate.

I think it would* just a bias, really.

how much bureaucracy can you have in such a small company?

As for the project management - I agree - but I wouldnt call it that (for example, how is it that a 'project' can be 'managed' if the project totally resets development? that just means the project was largely scrapped and restarted...)

Im not arguing with you. Im just stumped how it seems to get worse over time? Not only that, but they got a lot of our money - what are they doing with it?

I think thats they key point - THEY MADE BAGS of money - how are they putting this to use now, and why, 1 year after making all this money, has there been little to no progress on so many fronts?!??

oof.

Well I have really no idea what they're doing either... I would just love to see what all 100 people are really doing on a normal day, because I have a hard time believing they're working full time.

FYI: The language barrier has nothing to do with TW's behaviour. As matter of fact, they are even less interactive with Turkish community ( so divide the attention you are getting in the English forum by 5 or 10 to understand the scale ) - and because of that Turkish fanbase is shrinking. Most of them are not even bothering to report issues anymore because even the Support section is unresponsive sometimes.
It sounds like the Turkish part of the forum gets more interaction from the devs.
So this statement is wrong.

Well, again, I never said there was a language barrier or that they couldn't speak English, I only insinuated that they might feel more compelled to respond in a native environment. Of course, I don't know if they actually do response more there, I was just saying that if they did, that would probably be why.

Actually the poor English of some/most of the devs was mentioned by OTHER TW devs as a reason why they are not hanging out with us on the international forum.

Actually the poor English of some/most of the devs was mentioned by OTHER TW devs as a reason why they are not hanging out with us on the international forum.
Only mexxico mentioned something like that as far as I remember. And I can tell you that this is a really lame excuse if that's "really the reason" because they are not hanging out on the Turkish forum either - as I previously mentioned. So it's not related to language - it's related to mindset or related to not giving a buck about the community.
I hope I won't see some stupid Youtuber quoting this line and showing me Callum's posts as if they are "interacting" with the community.

I have a hard time accepting the language premise.

Callum speaks english. So does the Lord of Soon - its not like we live in the stone age; were in the age of global and digital communications - it takes 1 translator.

At 13:45 the brytenwalda roadmap (ouch!) mentions that the they are waiting for 1.5.10 that will add the terrain system; am I missing something, or is it wishfull thinking?
Haven't seen that mentionned anywhere, so it's probably wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom