Multiplayer Lan

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, this is my first post, i recently bought a license of the game and I am playing online often. I also want to play Multiplayer over my home LAN when some friends come home, but the game use internet to check serial? do i need a serial to play over a local network??? how does this works? pls help.

Yes, you need a valid serial for every person you want to play LAN with. It's a pity, but considering almost all games are following this route, I don't thinki it's a shame :neutral:

From what I've read, as long as the host has a serial then you can have at least one player with the same serial / no serial join. Haven't had a chance to test it myself though.

No the other computer cant join the server if u dont enter the serial key. This is terrible and i wont give my serial to my friends for a lan party. This Sux! there should be a way to play on a local network.

BTW this game should have cooperative campain or something in multiplayer!

Archonsod said:
From what I've read, as long as the host has a serial then you can have at least one player with the same serial / no serial join. Haven't had a chance to test it myself though.

Warband checks the serial before even attempting to connect.

I've had four people with the same serial in a lan game at once so i guess you can have one serial for an unlimited number of players in a lan game, however im not sure how many times a serial can be activated on different computers before it 'expires'.

i done it with a friend, my friend did not have a serial key, when he made a game i could join his game, but when i made the game and he tried he could not join mine game,

So the player with no serial key have to make the lan game.

hope its usefull

Ciao a tutti folks!
I am reviving this ooold thread cuz it is a frequent complain of players of my mods (1860s / 1776 / 1755 ), and they sent me tons of PMs asking for info.
Most players, for what i know, can play on a Home Lan (2 or 3 PCs connected at same home server) and they use at once the same game version and NO key is requested.
But some, for some reason, cannot do that.
And is a fact, that STEAM clients CANNOT do that, period. (one of steam's limitations...  :roll: )

I personally spent hours playing on a lan, when I had my old desktop and a notebook, with my son or a friend...with the SAME version of the game, installed on both PCs.

Hope I made all that clear in my half decent english...but I am curious to know if:
-some of u did not even know that it was possible...and never played like that
-some of u have different stories...or even found a legal way to play the same steam version on a home Lan

thx
Gab

Back
Top Bottom