multiplayer game type

Users who are viewing this thread

gh3tt0 gangst3r

Sergeant at Arms
it would be cool if there was a multi-player game type that was like the signal player campaign. the players could be lords and have their own castles and maybe become a king sometime down the road.

You could team up with other factions and such things as that. a suggestion for this would maybe be:

When you start you pick one of the 5 areas (factions) but you get to name your faction.  Then you get to create armies, add garrisons, etc.

Would be a whooooole lot of work put into it, I can't see how this ever would work but if it did somehow it would be avsöm

If any of you play total war, they have multiplayer campaigns , but those games are MUCH more complex. and i suppose they have more devs. maybe if the M&B devs. and the TW devs get together they can figure it out

Leaffordes said:
Would be a whooooole lot of work put into it, I can't see how this ever would work but if it did somehow it would be avsöm
if nox likes it maybe he will do it for us? i hope!  :shock:

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
Leaffordes said:
if nox likes it maybe he will do it for us? i hope!  :shock:

Not just a lot of work, but a lot of a lot of work, lol. Even if Nox like the idea he would have to be sure that almost everyone in this forums do it as well and know this is something worth spending a lot of money on. This isn't something small we're talking about here but a huge step to the game and it wont for sure be added to WFaS. Just think of the balancing issues this would cause?

Seriously how would this ever be done? How would a server possible handle both overview maps and battle scenarios at the same time? Who would defend my castles during the time I'm offline or are you talking about 1-day matches? How would vassals and kings be of any value when maybe the next day they're playing on another server. What would happen if I'm in a battle when the rest of you isn't, You can travel almost through the whole map during that time if it's a big one.

This can not be done but if it do, I'll eat up my computer..

Maybe you could for instance take turns! and you can't attack/besiege other factions/castles unless the other person is on the server. i understand it'd be hard..but ..life is hard

gedizz said:
If any of you play total war, they have multiplayer campaigns , but those games are MUCH more complex. and i suppose they have more devs. maybe if the M&B devs. and the TW devs get together they can figure it out

I play total war, stopped after Empire: Total War that was terrible. Rome was the best! But I didn't know there was multi campaigns? I thought just multi battles and single player had a campaign?

Assassin123 said:
gedizz said:

I play total war, stopped after Empire: Total War that was terrible. Rome was the best! But I didn't know there was multi campaigns? I thought just multi battles and single player had a campaign?

Same i didnt know they had multiplayer campaigns?

It took the total war guys a super budget and 15 years of development to make a multiplayer campaign, and even then you can only have two players at the same time.  While I love it, especially in Shogun 2, I think it is a major coding issue for the developers.  For this game, it would be a pretty intense issue that would change the basic nature of the campaign.  The most logical implementation I could see is if you had drop in matches like Shogun, where you can get internet players to join your battles as enemies.  For a whole campaign, while awesome, seems far away.

Assassin123 said:
gedizz said:

Multi-p campaigns started in Napoleon: Total War

I think the whole game would have to be played from the battle perspective if mutliplayer was to truely work.  All Castles/Towns would also need to be held by passive AI Lords and not by humans to avoid complications.

Think WoW but with proper skilled combat instead of spell/action buttons.  Alternatively, think of the Persistent World mod for Warband but with AI Lords/people added to give it more purpose as well as adding an environment that new players can use to level up rather than having to always fight other human players.

To be honest I was actually a bit disappointed when WFaS was announced as I was hoping that instead we'd see a Persistent Multiplayer World that would really make the most of M&B's potential.

Back
Top Bottom