MP Multiplayer Feedback from the Competitive Community.

Users who are viewing this thread

and also people need to get stunned a little when they get shot. It was such a big deal in warband to land an arrow into a melee because the guy you hit stopped moving for a moment and gave your boys a chance to get a hit in in the melee. Currently, as far as I can tell - it can still cancel peoples attacks but I don't notice it slowing anyone down when they're shot.

I do agree with this but one thing I think is a big improvement from Warband is that because this stun is no longer in the game, it removed that buggy teleport/unclear animation you would often see when people got hit or bumped by cav. Quite often they'd be stuck in the 'stun' animation then suddenly they'd be in a different position or they'd get off an attack the server hadn't yet animated. It was particularly noticeable as archer as quite often you'd shoot a stunned person and the arrow would pass through, because that's not really where they were. So I'd like to see these stuns but only if it's well integrated and works.

which mode did all these player played? i mean its obv that nativ veteran criticzie a lot what is not like nativ warband oO
i mean if you see bannerlord as warband 2.0 then i agree about everything but as idependent game there is a differecne about the criticsm. i would more
criticize the balance and what you can optimizing then the changes to warband nativ.
Ignore Ciiges.
What most people here want is a decent balance between the three main classes (archer, infantry, cavalry) and reliable combat mechanics. Warband had both of those, which is why a lot of comparisons are drawn, especially by the people that played that game for a long time.
Sadly, they are ignored by TaleWorlds and criticized by newer forum members as they seem to think that the people criticizing the game are the same ones that sat in deathmatch servers 24/7, spinning with great swords. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Warbands competitive scene had none of these people. We want the game to be decently balanced, mechanics wise, and to have reliable combat mechanics. That is all. You may say you already enjoy the combat like it is, and that's great for you, but why not give it a chance to get even better with the suggestions provided here by those that already have a lot of experience playing a very similar game?

Ignore Ciiges.
What most people here want is a decent balance between the three main classes (archer, infantry, cavalry) and reliable combat mechanics. Warband had both of those, which is why a lot of comparisons are drawn, especially by the people that played that game for a long time.
Sadly, they are ignored by TaleWorlds and criticized by newer forum members as they seem to think that the people criticizing the game are the same ones that sat in deathmatch servers 24/7, spinning with great swords. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Warbands competitive scene had none of these people. We want the game to be decently balanced, mechanics wise, and to have reliable combat mechanics. That is all. You may say you already enjoy the combat like it is, and that's great for you, but why not give it a chance to get even better with the suggestions provided here by those that already have a lot of experience playing a very similar game?
i did not say the combat is perfect now but the combat do not need a whole change and a throwback to the old customize system. the multiplayer needs optimizing yes, bannerlord should no be a warband 2.0 with a better optic.

I've been saying that since the start of the Beta/Alpha and I'll say it again: I think that for a proper feedback from a competitive community we need a competitve environment because all of the feedback is based on matches against random people. You can speculate on what each feature could potentially bring to overall balance, but it's gonna be just that: a speculation.

I think as a competitive community we need the following:

1. Ranked matchmaking

2. Tournaments

The latter was at some point during the Beta promised by Callum, but it went nowhere, and to be fair I only asked him once and then put it away because I had other things to do. Has anyone else tried to host a tournament? Because we need them if we want to discuss the game's balance and have some objective data at hands.

I have decided to not play Bannerlord MP anymore for many of the reasons state, I'm incredibly disappointed at this point.
Bannerlord just doesn't feel like a Mount and Blade game ( atleast the MP part, the singleplayer is fine since it is still early access, customizable and have that M&B spirit)

The online experience feels like to please a new audience and not to appeal to the passionate veterans. If this is the direction TW wants to go, I guess it is fine, disappointing for me and alot of others, but I think they might get more sales out of it.

I'll give bannerlord another shot when they implement core gamemodes

I'm still a bit disappointed none of the feedback was taken into serious consideration during the beta, but hey, here we are.

I agree with all of the points, and I'm still hopeful Taleworlds will eventually do something about them, but I really don't think archers are overpowered or nerfed at the moment, so I'm with OGL on this one, we should wait and try mending the mechanics first before we do anything to archers.

Can we get someone from the dev team to finally weigh in and comment on these threads? We keep making them and for all we know they're falling on deaf ears, its quite frustrating. During the early access there was at least some kind of communication happening.

Archers need a buff. When balancing you have to consider the skill element, and most archers are unskilled and miss the vast majority of their shots. Couple that with it taking 5 shots to kill an armoured enemy and you can see they will struggle. Balancing archery around the few good archers is not the right way to go about it.

Archers need a buff. When balancing you have to consider the skill element, and most archers are unskilled and miss the vast majority of their shots. Couple that with it taking 5 shots to kill an armoured enemy and you can see they will struggle. Balancing archery around the few good archers is not the right way to go about it.
lol no

Ignore Ciiges.
this sums it up pretty good
arrows still stun ppl??

Damage is fine except headshots, just needs more arrow drop.. atm its way to easy to hit medium to long shots.

Can't say more than I agree with everything OGL summed up. Bannerlords melee right now for me feels like you're fighting under water, unresponsive and slow. Archers in general are op even though in some cases HS damage should be buffed. I could draw the bow with the same arrow from the beginning of a match to the end of it and still have a stupid high accuracy whilst spinning around doing a 360 thinking this is COD.

Back
Top Bottom