Multimeshing Helmets

Users who are viewing this thread

Please, please, please add multimesh support for helmets.  Dain Ironfoot first suggested this way back in this thread, but it hasn't happened yet!

Any mod that uses helmets that show hair has major problems getting hair to show up with them.  I am aware of the itp_doesnt_cover_hair flag, but because of the variety of  hair style, this is not a viable solution. Most of the time this results in the hair clipping through where it shouldn't be.  I've included pictures to illustrate my dilemma.

This is what I get now:
1) not using itp_doesnt_cover_hair = Bald Cowboys
multimeshhelmetreq00394.jpg
2) using itp_doesnt_cover_hair = Some regular looking cowboys and some cowboys with hairy hats (results vary depending on hair style and hat)
multimeshhelmetreq00194.jpg
multimeshhelmetreq00294.jpg

Enabling Multi-meshing on hats would allow us to overcome this problem by quickly adding hair meshes to the hats one at a time.  If we want to do that right now, we have to combine them into the same mesh.  That doesn't seem like such a problem until you realize that this means that both hair and hat must use the same texture sheet! 

When I was testing to see if the game engine supported multimeshing on helmets already, I saw some interesting results.  Multimeshing on helmets is supported when the game makes the inventory picture, but not when it is drawn in game! :sad:

Here is me attempting to create a multi-meshed helmet using openBRF (cowboy hat).  The hat, the cigarette, and the hair are all different meshes:
multimeshhelmetreq00494.jpg

Here is me checking out my multi-meshed hat in the inventory window.  It actually worked here!
multimeshhelmetreq00594.jpg

Here is me realizing that the game engine doesn't support multimeshed helmets, and that there are more bald cowboys in my future:
multimeshhelmetreq00694.jpg

In closing, please support multi-meshed helmets!  :smile: 

Thank you for your time and consideration.  If you implement this, there we will be thousands of cowboys with a full head of hair thanking you!

Respectfully,
yellowmosquito

I bobicus880 support this. Not having long flowing hair really takes away from hats. I can never truly be the fabio my character was meant to mirror

I also would love to see this, as it would help the Native and a lot of the mods as well.

A lot of the hats in the mods make troops and characters look really cool or authentic, but it sucks having to choose between hats and hair.  In 1866, I tried to make my character look like Clint Eastwood, but because he was bald in his hat, he looked more like Stone Cold Steve Austin...This makes me sad.

I support this. :mrgreen:

I  hate not having hair. Most of the time I dont wear hats because of the hairlessness.

The temp fix is ingenious and will get us around this issue for the time being.  It still has limitations and drawbacks though.

We would still really love it if multimeshes on helmets were supported. :wink:

Yeah, kind of sick of my hair disappearing as well. You have my support.  :cool:

Cowbow pattern baldness and M&B general baldness when wearing helmets/hats is a serious issue. I also pledge my support to the implementation of this fine suggestion.

Whoohoo, I dont-which-number-it-is-but-I-certainly-support that!

Back
Top Bottom