[MP Discussion] Bannerlord Release Date - March 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Jorge Salcedo said:
I know it's not important but my curiosity's gotten the better of me, does anyone know why it's taken ten years to develop BL? It saddens me to hear people who were given closed access say that it is 'clunky' and 'far from finished'. I'm aware there's a multitude of reasons regarding the logistics involved in making a game, but ten years is a very long time.

I mean it's taken around 8 years, and they were originally developing it on the Warband Engine for a while, they scrapped that then made their own engine and THEN made bannerlord, so if you think of it that way, the time it's taken has become more reasonable. I'd argue creating your own engine probably takes longer than actually making the game. I'm not a l33t game developer, so correct me if I'm wrong. The reason most AAA companies can pump out games is because they're all using the same engine, which in some cases isn't even their own (Unity, Unreal Engine). There's also not many games (apart from total war) that has any form of grandness when it comes to NPCs (battles), diplomacy etc. It's the reason Bethesda games look potato, they're still using the oblivion engine, just updated every year.

Eladon said:
Guest said:
Is it really so bad? What's the worst part?

My personal tier list:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Can't choose your own gear
[*]Perks
[*]Feints/holds are so lowkey that you're restricted to the absolute basics of Warband combat
[/list]

On paper that would seem to be the worst - but I can assure you, there's many greater issues at hand.

It wouldn've been nice if they provided a betakey to everyone who wanted to play with a high number of hours in multiplayer instead of providing them to a (quite random) group of players if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom