MP Antiquity Mount&Gladius v2.0 [8/23/10] Poll Added

Which option would make you most eager to play on M&G servers?

• New scenes, built with period Romanesque architecture

Votes: 620 45.0%
  • Another faction, such as Greek, Parthian, or other

Votes: 807 58.6%
  • More players on the servers

Votes: 478 34.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Gothic Knight said:
How will the Greeks be more popular if the Carthaginians were aesthetically similar to them? The Carthaginians used Greecian style helms, and both the old and Macedonian phalanxes. Also, they used Iberian troops. They would be the most diverse faction out of either the Gauls or Greeks. Apostata, you seem to forget that the Macedonians the Romans faced had long been in decline. Their military was a load of crap compared to Philip' s army, which slaughtered the Greeks at Chaeronea. They were slammed, hard from a feint done by Philip' s right and an inside flank by Alexander on the Theban band. The Macedonians the Romans faced just can not compare to the ones led by Philip and Alexander.

Well, there are more evidences how phalanxes were unflexible against Romans and even  Iberians, when Hasdrubal met them in Iberia, but thats no what I want to compare as army of Carthage, were made mostly of mercenaries, which quality was in decline together with decline of phalanx in East as many believe. Battle of Magnesia was lost for Antiochus only because his phalanxes were unable to relocate. And Pyrrhus campaign? Most of his soldiers in phalanxes were Italic ( From southern Italy, Magna Greacia) Using much shorter version of spear, unusable for the same effect as macedonian sarissa. That's what are Hellens facing the Rome for me.

The only reason of my posting was just to point out how formations in MnB are not enough rewarding to be actually created and used. Thats taking a lots of shiny and wonderfull things of Antique. I myself see like a very unpleseant, that mod is taking Rome as general theme ( so every kind of armor can be taken, I saw a lot of lads playing as praetorian centurions on the server.), and not going for just one accurate date.

Apostata said:
Gothic Knight said:
How will the Greeks be more popular if the Carthaginians were aesthetically similar to them? The Carthaginians used Greecian style helms, and both the old and Macedonian phalanxes. Also, they used Iberian troops. They would be the most diverse faction out of either the Gauls or Greeks. Apostata, you seem to forget that the Macedonians the Romans faced had long been in decline. Their military was a load of crap compared to Philip' s army, which slaughtered the Greeks at Chaeronea. They were slammed, hard from a feint done by Philip' s right and an inside flank by Alexander on the Theban band. The Macedonians the Romans faced just can not compare to the ones led by Philip and Alexander.

Well, there are more evidences how phalanxes were unflexible against Romans and even  Iberians, when Hasdrubal met them in Iberia, but thats no what I want to compare as army of Carthage, were made mostly of mercenaries, which quality was in decline together with decline of phalanx in East as many believe. Battle of Magnesia was lost for Antiochus only because his phalanxes were unable to relocate. And Pyrrhus campaign? Most of his soldiers in phalanxes were Italic ( From southern Italy, Magna Greacia) Using much shorter version of spear, unusable for the same effect as macedonian sarissa. That's what are Hellens facing the Rome for me.

The only reason of my posting was just to point out how formations in MnB are not enough rewarding to be actually created and used. Thats taking a lots of shiny and wonderfull things of Antique. I myself see like a very unpleseant, that mod is taking Rome as general theme ( so every kind of armor can be taken, I saw a lot of lads playing as praetorian centurions on the server.), and not going for just one accurate date.

Well, that's because they haven't made any cavalry helms/armor, which are by far more beautiful than the infantry armors. Imperial age cavalry helms are the only thing I like about that period, aside from the Coolus perhaps.

I'm mad Roman Culture fan and I like this :grin:

I only wish it was also Single Player cause I usually stay offline.

Check Vita Dolentis. It has replaced Rhodoks with Romans and Swadians with Greeks. It has alot more items than this too.

looks NICE!!
do you have any plan for SP?
If there SP in this Quality... that should be Perfect :grin:

EDIT: hmmm theres some issue with bots..
Gaul bots on wear Nord's..
player looks like One Gaul warrior in Middle of Vikings

Hello I think Gaul's bots are not ready yet.

Nethertheless, cant find any server with the mode.

I play sometime launching my own, I always lets some slots in case of people come in :smile:

I wait with impatience more people playing at it :grin:

Best regards.
Christophe.

No offense, but if you play as a girl with default Gaul armor it looks weird......

Hi guys,

I can see a permanent server classified in Mount And Gladius mode when you're searching for a server, but once on it, you states that there is no roma faction, only usual factions, and most of all, nobody came to that server for the time I tried to connect to it.

What about you guys ?

Best regards.
Christophe.

well, i played  Some tweaks with bots(Nord -> Gaul)

but its... Mount&FLAX!! not mount&GLADIUS

FLAX is Way to Superpowered and lack of two-handed weapons in Rome..
that just make Romans vs Gauls to Meets vs Butchers......

gencov0 said:
well, i played  Some tweaks with bots(Nord -> Gaul)

but its... Mount&FLAX!! not mount&GLADIUS

FLAX is Way to Superpowered and lack of two-handed weapons in Rome..
that just make Romans vs Gauls to Meets vs Butchers......
Toss your pila, problem solved.

finally I find some solution for Bot-fight Balance..

made Gaul warriors wearing Tunics and normal Flax(cheapest)

now, there some matches.

but still gauls overrun Romans if romans not Formed in cluster :???:

i wanna play with PEOPLE :cry:

gencov0 said:
finally I find some solution for Bot-fight Balance..

made Gaul warriors wearing Tunics and normal Flax(cheapest)

now, there some matches.

but still gauls overrun Romans if romans not Formed in cluster :???:

i wanna play with PEOPLE :cry:

Sorry to be pedantic gencov, but you keep writing flax rather than falx. Flax is what they make linen out of! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom