Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword features you'd like to see in Mount & Blade 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruben Thomas

Sergeant
As most of you probably know, the lovely developers of the original Mount & Blade as well as Mount & Blade: Warband are working on a new game based on the Mount & Blade franchise, now whether or not that game is a standalone expansion, Mount & Blade 2 or another kind of title we don't know. However, I'd like to see what parts of Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword you'd want to make their way into this new game!

Now please keep in mind I created this thread so people would hopefully share their views on the good bits of Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, if you don't think there are any good features in Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword - feel free to not post here - your silence will carry more weight than your hating I am sure.

I'll start with a single feature to get it going, personally I think the greatest single thing that's better about Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword than either of the previous Mount & Blade titles is it's setting, it's very nice to have real history and real locations in the game that have rich full backstories; it's something I felt was sorely missing in Calridia and I'd like it very much if the next Mount & Blade game had a real world setting.

What features from Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword would you like to see? :smile:

-I love being able to fortify yourself in the field (wagon fortress) but should take some time

-I love the mercenary's (but should be bit less overpowered)

-I love the story (but there should be warning when getting near part where u can die)

-I love the special proffesions in the "town center" but:-The weapon master should sell exclusive weapons, not just upgraded weapons(espacially melee, there is only 1 special weapon, the damascus steel and that is also just upgraded weapon)
                                                                                    -The masters shouldn't all sell the same things, eastern masters should be more focussed on eastern stuff and western on western stuff
                                                                                    -There should be a special horse race for the horse master because if they sell throughbreds, u can better just go to a random shop
                                                                                    -The masters should travel like the book merchant
                                                                                    -The academy should have more specific options to train at
                                                                                    -You should be able to preview your weapon (only looks, stats should be suprise)

But overall, i think i love warband features more, srr :sad:

Ive noticed that in WFaS the AI with horses and ranged weapons acts like its supposed to, aka. Circles around the enemy. I hope it stays in.

In multi, it would make more work but make it like the campaign map, and do it like single player but instead of lords, do a king and some players that are stuck and there the only ppl that can play

Assassin123 said:
In multi, it would make more work but make it like the campaign map, and do it like single player but instead of lords, do a king and some players that are stuck and there the only ppl that can play
think that would be quite hard if you keep in mind that u cant justpause the map anymore just because you enter a city. The others should be able to play on but if someone manages to pull it off in a crpg style mod, plz tell me( but then still, if you leave room u will want to be able to play further from where you started but it is possible all your fiefs and stuff like that have been taken away from you without you could do anything...)

Command posts in multilayer game.
Like respawn places, which can be captured(one of sides have flag on post), where you can respawn... This is more good, because 50 guys in caste and defenders begin to respawn behind them, this isnt real. Soo player can caputre command post and respawn there, as he can lose it and respawn more far.

Sorry for bad ENG, i hope you understand me =(

I know this is entirely subjective, but I would prefer a more sleek looking menu system.  All that beige makes the game looks unattractive.

Maybe there's a mod for this...

I know everybody will moan, but if this is going to be an entirely new game, not a stand-alone expansion, we need a new engine. 

Brian Boru said:
I know this is entirely subjective, but I would prefer a more sleek looking menu system.  All that beige makes the game looks unattractive.

Maybe there's a mod for this...

I know everybody will moan, but if this is going to be an entirely new game, not a stand-alone expansion, we need a new engine.

Agreed, a new engine is a must.

wannyboy said:
-I love being able to fortify yourself in the field (wagon fortress) but should take some time

I agree! That is a neat feature, lets you really turn the tides against a superior force that could have otherwise done severe damage to you... if you remember to use it of course :razz:

wannyboy said:
But overall, i think i love warband features more, srr :sad:

Nothing to be sorry about, I prefer Mount & Blade: Warband too, but that doesn't mean there aren't good things in Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword that could hopefully carry over to the next game :smile:

Comrade Temuzu said:
Ive noticed that in WFaS the AI with horses and ranged weapons acts like its supposed to, aka. Circles around the enemy. I hope it stays in.

Good point!

Goudewup said:
Trading caravans.

Yes, a very cool thing to be able to do absolutely :smile:

Comrade Temuzu said:
Almost positive this is just due to the items lay-out that the AI have here. Their ranged weapons have a higher potential damage than any melee backup, so they keep them equipped. The problem in Warband was the AI judged their sidearms/spears to be better than whatever bow they possess, so they swapped to the melee weapon almost immediately.

Simple scripts to force the wielding of ranged weapons produced similar results.

wannyboy said:
You mean like Tempered's "Entrenchment" kit that's been around for ages?

I like the field fortifications, trading, and banking.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the AI seems better at using polearms in WF&S than in Warband. Maybe it is an armor issue, but I can ride all over Rhodoks when they're controlled by the AI despite their love of polearms, but in WF&S I find myself getting the long pointy end in the chest or horse far more often. 

Incarnal said:
Also, maybe it's just me, but the AI seems better at using polearms in WF&S than in Warband. Maybe it is an armor issue, but I can ride all over Rhodoks when they're controlled by the AI despite their love of polearms, but in WF&S I find myself getting the long pointy end in the chest or horse far more often.
A benefit from some changes in their damage stats, perhaps, but mainly because the alternative non-thrust attacks have been removed.
Caba`drin said:
However, removing other attacks from spears and pikes has resulted (as folks have noticed by modding Warband) in the more accurate use of pikes and spears against cavalry. No longer do we see the absurd overhead whap-whap against the riders of horses, but the AI bots actively attacking mounts, etc. It at least looks significantly better...and may be a more realistic function. Polearms (other than halberds, etc) for jabbing from a distance, otherwise you need to change to sword.

If you're interested, a similar tweak for the native Warband items file I made for folks to test with my PBOD mod:
Caba`drin said:
I've made a quick edit (using Morgh's Tools, actually, rather than the source...lazy me) stripping "swinging" from spears and pikes. No idea what the result will be in-battle as I haven't tested it at all.

No-Swing Spears and Pikes Item_kinds1.txt: MediaFire download.

I'd recommend making a backup copy of the item_kinds1.txt that is present in your ...Warband\Modules folder. Then just drop this one in and start the game...

Well yes like entrenchment mod, where you needed tool and 1 hour to entrench, however i love that the current entrenchment can move slowly. But got 1 problem: why do these stupid npcs ride around my fortification right into the arms of my halberdians while horses can simply jump over the wagon wall... Sometimes even works while dismounted but its little harder.

Spotted quote from my suggestion thread :smile:

Construct your own settlements.  In Fire and Sword the developers left huge portions of the map empty.  Now if this wasn't just laziness it'd be interesting if in MB2 there was large plots of empty land but you had the option to contruct a village and then develop it into a fortress or castle and then into a town.

Problem is after some time you just have map filled with city's. But would like option to build temporally wooden fortress, where you can rest and buy supplies. However if it gets taken over in siege, the defender gets the option to burn it down so the enemy wont get the fort

Well obviously there would be restrictions to how many you can construct and how close they can be to other settlements.

Back
Top Bottom