Votes: 68 36.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 82 44.1%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 36 19.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhox said:
Alright, I'll tell why mmo sucks, Warband Native mp is balanced, and that's all.

Not afaik, but whatever... MMO wouldn't be about small balanced fights anyway. You could slowly find the role that fits you best. You could spend the whole day as a archer shooting down from the battlements in a siege going on for hours. You could be this heavy mounted knight on an open battlefield in a squad of 20 other knights, or you'll walk around in a huge infantry formation with long spears and shields and nobody can harm you. Or you will be the guy who gets fresh oil to the battlements or reload the trebuchets and don't fight at all.
There would be so many different options to have a great experience in a war fought on a giant continent.

Siegbert_von_Meklenburg said:
Rhox said:
Alright, I'll tell why mmo sucks, Warband Native mp is balanced, and that's all.

Not afaik, but whatever... MMO wouldn't be about small balanced fights anyway. You could slowly find the role that fits you best. You could spend the whole day as a archer shooting down from the battlements in a siege going on for hours. You could be this heavy mounted knight on an open battlefield in a squad of 20 other knights, or you'll walk around in a huge infantry formation with long spears and shields and nobody can harm you. Or you will be the guy who gets fresh oil to the battlements or reload the trebuchets and don't fight at all.
There would be so many different options to have a great experience in a war fought on a giant continent.

There it is, who wants to be the guy taking an oil bath at the gates of a castle when you could be the mother****ing king?

Rhox said:
There it is, who wants to be the guy taking an oil bath at the gates of a castle when you could be the mother****ing king?
Equal opportunities not equal outcomes. The mmo will not stop you from tying to be king, but that doesn't mean you'll actually get to be King. Sometimes being a lowly archer with hunting bow is how you improve and move on to greater things,

As if everybody wants to be a king in an online game... I'm pretty content with playing a certain minor role in a great conflict.
I imagine being king in a game like this would also mean organizing stuff pretty much: how the battle formations are set up, who gets what fief etc.
I for one want to go out and have some nice melee fights. But sometimes I feel like playing a supporting role, maybe medic (or the medieval equivalent) or guard a gate.

Reminds me of this "The Elder Scrolls Online", which is absolutely disgusting. Please don't make an MMO!!

If it were to happen, I would like to see it take a Shadowbane approach.  Huge worlds with open space where you could invest money to build a castle for your guild (Ingame money).  Ability to siege and destroy castles to annihilate a clan's base of operations.  However you would not need a town for clans,  you could still have a clan without a base obviously you would always be out in the wild which is dangerous.  Also since this is mount and blade, leveling to max level should be relatively easy.  Drop everything when you die, etc.

Hiddos said:
Reminds me of this "The Elder Scrolls Online", which is absolutely disgusting. Please don't make an MMO!!

I wish one of you criticizers would give me understandable reasons why you think it would be a bad idea. All I hear is "MMO? Sucks!"

The way I see it is:
SP = cool
MP = better
MMO = best
because it has the potential to combine the best of SP and MP and brings you together with many people.

Siegbert_von_Meklenburg said:
Hiddos said:

I wish one of you criticizers would give me understandable reasons why you think it would be a bad idea. All I hear is "MMO? Sucks!"

The way I see it is:
SP = cool
MP = better
MMO = best
because it has the potential to combine the best of SP and MP and brings you together with many people.
Well, MMOs have gotten a very bad rep lately due to many failed games.  Usually because no one really has tried taking a risk by redoing the entire genre and end up repeating the same copy paste format for every game.  I personally could see a mount and blade MMO do great, though, you would need something to draw in new players and keep them when you've got them.

Back
Top Bottom