Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Users who are viewing this thread

As is traditional, this blog covers our previous major event, goes talks a bit about our experience and what we showed. This time it's E3, possibly the biggest gaming event of the year and the first time we've ever attended with our own booth. Our reveal was Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's siege gameplay, which came in the form of this trailer and the extended gameplay video below.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

Daki said:
I have a question about singleplayer AI. In previous games in singleplayer if you ordered your AI to charge they would attack/focus on nearest enemy and that would cause them to group up and break the line. Is that gonna be changed or...?
I mean in the video it seems it is fixed for siege game but what about the open field battles?

You mean maintain their formation? The video with the field battle Lust says they have an AI feature that keeps troops from straying too far from formation.

The game was started in 2010, not 2012! so its 7 years!

proof  that it was started 7 years ago

from gamescom 2015  (cant post link just google it)

``The game has been in development since the release of Warband in 2010 and features an all new engine, developed specifically for the game, by developers TaleWorlds.``

so the trailer was in 2012 but they had already started in 2010

7 years of what? just simply redoing warband but with better graphics? and adding a mini tavern card game and abillity to make weapons bigger
wow is that what it took you 7 years to do

LAZY LAZY COMPANY!

swadya said:
The game was started in 2010, not 2012! so its 7 years!

proof  that it was started 7 years ago

from gamescom 2015  (cant post link just google it)

``The game has been in development since the release of Warband in 2010 and features an all new engine, developed specifically for the game, by developers TaleWorlds.``

so the trailer was in 2012 but they had already started in 2010

7 years of what? just simply redoing warband but with better graphics? and adding a mini tavern card game and abillity to make weapons bigger

LAZY LAZY COMPANY!

You're appreciation is most welcome and we thank you dearly.

swadya said:

LAZY LAZY COMPANY!

Taleworlds don't owe you anything, unless you've invested in the Bannerlord development, you have no right to feel entitled to anything.

I've always liked the way Taleworlds go about business, nothing is rushed and every release of the original M&B and then Warband had significant improvements... unlike a lot of other companies that will release a retexture every year with 1000 DLC options.

DanAngleland said:
Peter, your name and avatar are a welcome blast from the past- I remember seeing them on the board of an old mod years back.

It's amazing how many people stay on this board for so many years isn't it.. only game I still check up on! 9 years and counting  :lol:

You've got me thinking of the some of the old mods for original M&B now, was some great ones

I've been really impressed with the siege artillery in this game so far, or what I've been able to see of it. However....I noticed some issues with the way the defensive ballista's are set up on the walls, they look like some random MG on a Call Of Duty Multiplayer map, that nobody but a noob would even attempt to fire because every sniper in the game is camping out waiting for that easy headshot kill. It has no protection it sits above the castles crenellations making them an easy target for anything and everything. Ballista's both ancient and medieval where ether placed in towers firing out of loopholes or highly protected positions on the walls with shielding, I mean those expensive to train engineers would be hard to replace, but in the game, I guess their just random soldiers that drop weapons and take up firing.

I really hope that upgraded forts and castles will have both artillery towers and position's on walls. I mean they look like they fire slower then molasses as it is, I fear that the AI controlling them will only get off a couple shots before the AI is at the walls.  Also the gatehouse in one of the videos was HUGE, the AI almost never used arrow loops in WB maybe that's changed now, but why not put a couple more ballista's in the gatehouse above the gate firing forwards from the loopholes :cool:

I think the defensive seige equipment is primarily used against attackers seige equipment, which can be destroyed as demonstrates when the defenders sallies out to destroy a battering ram.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I just came across a group of people on Warband MP who are convinced that bannerlord is cancelled. Any ideas on when the next update is?

Where should I go to give suggestions for Bannerlord? I saw a place for suggestions to Warband, but none for Bannerlord.
I'm just wanting them to make it so that playing as a mercenary company is more possible/sustainable, and another alternative to becoming a lord/sovereign.

Flying Dutchman said:
I think its little late for writing suggestion about Bannerlord.

there will be: beta, DLCs, expansions, mods, ... so suggestions can always be a good thingy if they are well thought out and explained in detail

Back
Top Bottom