Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Bannerlord blog regulars and newcomers. In this entry, we are once again responding to your demands to hear more about single player gameplay - specifically, looking at the overworld map and some of the improvements made there. We revealed the map at Gamescom and mentioned some new features in the last blog. Here, we'll take what we've revealed and go into some more detail.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14

VictorF said:
Yeah, but the entire struture seems a bit diffferent... the keeps on gamescom videos, the surrounding walls and the rooftops all looked a lot more roman than those imperial cities on the new video.
Really? I'm looking at them side by side and cannot for the life of me see a difference between the two. There's not a whole lot of detail visible in the new one, but the castles and walls look the same to me.

Looks amazing, can't wait much longer, but thankfully 2016 will have a ton of good games to play meanwhile, but still really looking forward to MnB 2 more than anything else. :smile:

hiul said:
578 said:
I am talking about the disgraceful mods that oversexualize females with skimpy armors. They waste time on making 804885 different body mods on females that they wouldnt even last 1 minute in the actual world of skyrim. I know, freedom to the people, they all make what they want... but man, I hate it.
warband have nude and boob plate mod its not affecting warband because people free to add it in their gameplay or not
if you say about waste time in different body isn't it the same with face creation no matter how handsome or abomination the face you make it will covered by helmet

Stop living on the surface dude, get a bit deeper into the matter. Face creation with a helmet on, it's still your own character under it. It is still your creation and you can make out parts of him with a helmet. It doesnt matter. Modding a nude body in a medieval game is sad, even pathetic i'd say. Not that medieval did not have sex, but because kids want to look at female asses in a virtual world, destroying every piece of respect and lore of the universe. I am not talking bout female characters in general, mind you. Only those oversized boobs-nude-cute-anime kind of mods.

578 said:
joei160. said:
578 said:
Wulfburk said:
The only thing we know for sure is that it will be the most moddable game of all time.

Let's hope it will not fall on the wrong hands like Skyrim.

What do you mean? What's wrong with the mods of skyrim?

I am talking about the disgraceful mods that oversexualize females with skimpy armors. They waste time on making 804885 different body mods on females that they wouldnt even last 1 minute in the actual world of skyrim. I know, freedom to the people, they all make what they want... but man, I hate it.

Skyrim does have a lot of great mods as well. I really do hate the anime style hair mods and all the plastic looking nude mods. I don't mind nudity as long as it fits in the world. Skyrim is a cold, violent and dirty place and people make mods with people that have plastic hair or shiny shampooed and conditioned hair with photoshopped model skin. I feel like those modders could do a lot of good with their skills if used to enhance the actual game, not make peoples weird hentai fantasies come to skyrim.

Then all the armours that go along with those nude mods... I have to sift through a lot of **** on the Nexus before I find some gold

My favourite mod for skyrim is the rome mod which turns the stormcloaks into gauls and legion into roman soldiers and a little more. its like a Fantastical version of Romans conquering Gaul

Druidic said:
You're not getting the point. it's not SEEING the mods in action that annoys him (and me), it's being bombarded with them when scrolling on Nexus, Youtube, or Steam Workshop. Generally we want to see game-changing mods or some new armor, not a bunch of fap-happy modellers that get high ratings because "Oh hey, it's a girl! Girls have body shape! DAT BODY SHAPE IS SO FIIIIINNNEEEE JAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!1!1"
Hopefully the Taleworlds devs have taken note of that sad state of affairs in the past and made moves to counter it.
hmm but i don't see how that taleworld fault or how they can counter it except bane that nude scene but still how?even internet fail to clean pron.
yeah but its still covered by helmet isn't it waste time too making whatever character you want and then never see it again? and its still the same if ppl want to add nude its their character too thats why its mod ppl freely choose to add it or not thats how they want to play its not force you to play the same way,pathetic indeed but i don't see it affecting much at the main game itself, btw don't say that ppl never war while nude in history atleast i know there was gaesatae

Druidic said:
You're not getting the point. it's not SEEING the mods in action that annoys him (and me), it's being bombarded with them when scrolling on Nexus, Youtube, or Steam Workshop. Generally we want to see game-changing mods or some new armor, not a bunch of fap-happy modellers that get high ratings because "Oh hey, it's a girl! Girls have body shape! DAT BODY SHAPE IS SO FIIIIINNNEEEE JAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!1!1"

Hopefully the Taleworlds devs have taken note of that sad state of affairs in the past and made moves to counter it.

Do you not know how to Nexus? You can turn off adult mods so they never show up and thus will not waste your time.

Also...history.

Amazon's wore next to nothing. Spartan armor? It had a great deal of skin exposed. Same with Roman armor. There were Celtic warriors that fought NAKED called the Gaesatae. At all points in history people have gone into battle without their entire bodies covered and history also shows that FEW fought in full plate armor, it is an idea created by modern media and writing that they did. Heavy infantry/Calvary made up a small portion of SOME armies.

It also needs to be noted that no one seems to ever complain about the Conan like loin cloth suits that are made for male characters...

Anyway, lets keep Fascism out of this. If you dont like something, dont use it...and dont try to force others from being able to chose to use it or not.

Actually, they didn't really. Amazons were literally nothing more than a sexual fetish from the Greeks and spartan hopolites tended to wear full cuirasses. They did have skirmishers but those were skirmishers. soldiers who forgo armour for speed. On the battlefield the soldier with the most protection tended to live longer after all. There are accounts of nude Gaul warriors though they are a minority. This was however not because it worked but to intimidate the opponents. Also, on the notion that few fought in full plate. This is not because of it's effectiveness but because of it's cost. A harness was expensive and most if not almost all commoners and a lot of knights simply couldn't afford one. Gambesons were widespread however since those were relatively cheap while giving decent Armour.

SenorZorros said:
Actually, they didn't really. Amazons were literally nothing more than a sexual fetish from the Greeks and spartan hopolites tended to wear full cuirasses. They did have skirmishers but those were skirmishers. soldiers who forgo armour for speed. On the battlefield the soldier with the most protection tended to live longer after all. There are accounts of nude Gaul warriors though they are a minority. This was however not because it worked but to intimidate the opponents. Also, on the notion that few fought in full plate. This is not because of it's effectiveness but because of it's cost. A harness was expensive and most if not almost all commoners and a lot of knights simply couldn't afford one. Gambesons were widespread however since those were relatively cheap while giving decent Armour.

A simple search on "proof amazons existed" will pull up a great deal of information discovered over the last 100 years including burial vases that depicted female warriors on horseback found in what was Scythian territory which would place them exactly where Herodotus said they were. Archaeologists have stated that around 20% of all the graves they have found for that time period are of female warriors. Many of the depictions are of women in little armor as was COMMON at the time.

As for your ending...you only further prove my point. Armor was expensive and thus the vast majority of those on the battlefield were not wearing full suits of armor and the lowest of troops had none at all. Leather if they were LUCKY enough to be in an army under a lord that could afford even that for all of his troops.

People are arguing out of ignorance, from a standpoint of all things being perfect while living in a 1st world wealthy nation where even the poor have smartphones...and doing so about a fantasy setting? Saying the fantasy isnt what they believe to be "realistic"?!? Its a double derp.

adrakken said:
People are arguing out of ignorance, from a standpoint of all things being perfect while living in a 1st world wealthy nation where even the poor have smartphones...and doing so about a fantasy setting? Saying the fantasy isn't what they believe to be "realistic"?!? Its a double derp.

Sorry, but I didn't know you were a medieval knight who dealt with the effects of feudalism and the lack of information-receiving technology to know about the history you were describing.

I suppose we'll be more careful next time, Sir Adrakkensalot.

I never talked about the pathetic erotic animation mods or the nudes skyrim does. I talked about the ACTUAL modders who make NON-ADULT mods but still manage to oversexualize the females, making them some kind of anime models with very skimpy armors that totally alienate the mod page and the game for many.

Nobody is fascist here, we are stating opinions. When you mod a game, you might aswell show some respect for its universe or the mods before you decide to put effort into the most tasteless crap. And please don't come and say bla bla bla it was medieval, sex existed and bla bla bla. LOTR is a medieval fantasy movie(s), there were ZERO adult scenes and yet it was some of the best movies ever. It's not about sex, it's about making females look cute for no reason, are you so desperate? Rough lands have rough females. Now go get some taste or go play anime games.

adrakken said:
People are arguing out of ignorance, from a standpoint of all things being perfect while living in a 1st world wealthy nation where even the poor have smartphones...and doing so about a fantasy setting? Saying the fantasy isnt what they believe to be "realistic"?!? Its a double derp.

And who are you exactly? As said above, freedom to the people is great. Get a game, mod it, make it amazing. But as with all things, mod tools fall into wrong hands. Fantasy is not realistic, but imagine if in bannerlord someone creates a companion who is a Loreal model Elf with skimpy armors and skinny arms. That's bad taste. Unless the mod is an overhaul of the universe.

adrakken said:
A simple search on "proof amazons existed" will pull up a great deal of information discovered over the last 100 years including burial vases that depicted female warriors on horseback found in what was Scythian territory which would place them exactly where Herodotus said they were. Archaeologists have stated that around 20% of all the graves they have found for that time period are of female warriors. Many of the depictions are of women in little armor as was COMMON at the time.

You seem to have gone off on a tangent here- whether or not the idea of Amazons was based on reality, those Scythian women didn't wear cleavage or midriff revealing clothes did they? How does ''I am talking about the disgraceful mods that oversexualize females with skimpy armors'' (which 578 said) have anything to do with Scythian women, never mind Roman and Greek men, having bare arms and legs? Regardless of how poor or technologically limited people are or have ever been, their priorities are always comfort and protection. For armour and clothing this has always meant protecting as much of the torso as possible before anything else, and it is relatively simple to do.

adrakken said:

As for your ending...you only further prove my point. Armor was expensive and thus the vast majority of those on the battlefield were not wearing full suits of armor and the lowest of troops had none at all. Leather if they were LUCKY enough to be in an army under a lord that could afford even that for all of his troops.

the Amazons did not exist. there were no tribes of man-hating women that cut off one of their breasts to improve their archery. the Scythians did exist however, and they wore  lamellar and scale armour. also, while plate Armour was expensive there were a lot of cheaper alternatives like padded armour, leather and even just a thick coat. there was no reason to wear nothing at all. especially since that would be horrible in cold weather.

on your last remark. there is this thing called immersion which most people like to have in their games.

also, I think it's best to go back to the game a bit. I don't really care about mods myself but I wonder if the plastic faces were indeed intentional or because plastic faces are a lot easier to make for a beginning modder.

578 said:
But as with all things, mod tools fall into wrong hands. Fantasy is not realistic, but imagine if in bannerlord someone creates a companion who is a Loreal model Elf with skimpy armors and skinny arms. That's bad taste. Unless the mod is an overhaul of the universe.

How can mod tools fall into the "wrong hands"?
Don't like a mod, don't install it, simple as that (or uninstall if already installed), nobody forces you to play mods.
Nexus site has excellent filter options for example.

578 said:
I never talked about the pathetic erotic animation mods or the nudes skyrim does. I talked about the ACTUAL modders who make NON-ADULT mods but still manage to oversexualize the females, making them some kind of anime models with very skimpy armors that totally alienate the mod page and the game for many.

Nobody is fascist here, we are stating opinions. When you mod a game, you might aswell show some respect for its universe or the mods before you decide to put effort into the most tasteless crap. And please don't come and say bla bla bla it was medieval, sex existed and bla bla bla. LOTR is a medieval fantasy movie(s), there were ZERO adult scenes and yet it was some of the best movies ever. It's not about sex, it's about making females look cute for no reason, are you so desperate? Rough lands have rough females. Now go get some taste or go play anime games.

adrakken said:

And who are you exactly? As said above, freedom to the people is great. Get a game, mod it, make it amazing. But as with all things, mod tools fall into wrong hands. Fantasy is not realistic, but imagine if in bannerlord someone creates a companion who is a Loreal model Elf with skimpy armors and skinny arms. That's bad taste. Unless the mod is an overhaul of the universe.

man.......thats just your preference, if ppl want to play surrounded by gay elf so be it, if they want pretty anime face or body and they can, why not? its not affecting your gameplay if you not add it in yourself and i don't see it bad or ruin the game because its mod its not force you to play like that, even in native warband i ride raptor as my mount i like it but you don't because "realistic", doesn't mean i should not. of course its different if taleworld add gay elf in it without any reason and we force to play it even though its out of the universe but we talking about mod which is ppl can ignore it if they don't like it

Not to mention, the Nexus has the ability to block specific tags. Here's some you might find useful.  :wink:

"Anime"

"Not Lore-Friendly"

"Nudity"

"Sexy/Skimpy"

Personally, I have those blocked as I too don't find them fitting for my game. But I don't have a problem with anybody who wants them, doesn't affect me in the slightest.

578 said:
That's bad taste.

Mum!!! Someone likes thing that I don't like!

Atleast I know now to come to the mount and blade forums when I need some man children to arbitrate what constitutes bad and good taste.

Shidan said:
Not to mention, the Nexus has the ability to block specific tags. Here's some you might find useful.  :wink:

"Anime"

"Not Lore-Friendly"

"Nudity"

"Sexy/Skimpy"

Personally, I have those blocked as I too don't find them fitting for my game. But I don't have a problem with anybody who wants them, doesn't affect me in the slightest.

But Steam Workshop doesn't when you're finding Armor and Companion mods.

nigenoge said:
578 said:
That's bad taste.

Mum!!! Someone likes thing that I don't like!

Atleast I know now to come to the mount and blade forums when I need some man children to arbitrate what constitutes bad and good taste.

Anime fan who plays naked females on skyrim spotted.

Back
Top Bottom