Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Rothrod said:
Why don't make the character a bit more agile? I mean, still being realistic...I would like some kind of dodge(not a ROLL), more fluid movements(of course depending on the armor/weapons you are carrying), maybe the ability to climb over small walls(VERY BASIC parkour skills)
At least basic climbing would be nice. But it has to be for the AI as well, so we don't end up "M&B:wFaS captain co-op" mode where player climbs/jumps into a place where AI cannot, and starts firing/waiting.

RoboSenshi said:
I still don't see how Co-Op can work for a game like Mount and Blade. It's just not that kind of game. And no one has so far presented a clear view of how the Co-Op mechanics would work without breaking the core game. Seriously if someone has a solid idea about it, I'm all ears and apparently so are the developers.

Well CO-OP doesn't have to be just as perfect as Singleplayer, it would still be a great feature to have, but people would play it mostly with friends as any other really long CO-OP game, like in Civilization V.

1) Pausing. A game could be paused if all online players aren't doing anything or by getting permission from all of them. If a player doesn't want to pause, but needs to go AFK, he could enter a tavern and rest there.
2) Battles. Well, there are more than way one way to solve this. I was thinking that a player could join another players battle, but first he would have to spectate the game for a certain amount of time (dependant on the new player's army size) and the battling player or players would see a message "Reinforcements/Enemies arriving in: X", but if the player wins the battle before that timer runs out, he can leave and try to run away. There should be also limited time to make a decision whether to surrender or fight back, if the time runs out, the default option could be fighting.

it could be more nice' if we could get more lands if we get a higher status and higher in ranks fks kings  village/citys can have 8-10 lands pr  village/city. :wink:  at least just more lands we should could get more lands in one way. buy the rights to have more than 4 lands or just buy more lands. but  mainly village's have 4 lands.  and you can max buy  to  10 - 12 lands

yeah but only kings should have the rights to 10-12 lands. them under kings should could have  6 to 8

The Bowman said:
Yes, but then those things wouldn't fit on the scene anymore. Imagine 12+ enterprises on one single scene. I think that 4 are enough.

@Devs:
Please think about adding something like the Freelancer mod as a standart feature!

It just feels so much more natural to be able start as a small soldier in some army and work your way up through the ranks.

Everything in the blog is good and makes me happy.

I haven't played M&B for a while now but suddenly I do want to fight lords at chess and plunder their heirloom axe blades to make a giant flanged mace.

Only gripe is still seing 6 men defying physics to push a 20 tonne siege tower but overall, it's great to see so many improvements in the works. :smile:

Meevar the Mighty said:
Only gripe is still seing 6 men defying physics to push a 20 tonne siege tower but overall, it's great to see so many improvements in the works. :smile:

I think it's a lot lighter than that, also it's on wheels which reduces friction a lot! Well lets say Calradians knew how to make light siege towers and awesome wheels ;d

Osviux said:
Meevar the Mighty said:

I think it's a lot lighter than that, also it's on wheels which reduces friction a lot! Well lets say Calradians knew how to make light siege towers and awesome wheels ;d
How big crew did different kinds of siege devices had historically? (i guess animals were used as well?) "aim for the trolls!"

Regarding Co-op campaign:

I don't really see the problem with everything being persistant with no pauses. It would just add more to the game having both AI and other players joining ongoing battles. Remember that in singleplayer they of course should still keep the pauses, so i don't really see the problem since it's better just having a real time multiplayer campaign than nothing. And for me i actually think i would prefer the real-time because of the extra immersion  :smile:

After reading the blog I just... love you Taleworlds.
I admit you succeeded and made my hype increase so much I want to be playing Bannerlord right NOW.
I'm very happy to see that you made a lot of progress and you are finally showing us some real content, and this is great for the community, as you probably understood.
I can't wait for 2016 to have the game into my steam library next to all your titles I have already bought, good luck.  :smile:

P.S. Thanks for the majestic wallpaper.

The Bowman said:
p_T85.png

Yes, I did it.

Is there room for one more in that relationship?  :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom