Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Hello all!</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">As many of you may have noticed, we have been rather busy! Last week, we visited Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescom, the largest game conference in Europe. While there, we took appointments to demonstrate some Bannerlord gameplay to the world's media. Along with this, we released a few videos which were used as part of our presentation.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">It has been great to see the excited response to the clips and we're very pleased that your feedback has been so positive! Of course, the game is still very much in development and so we had to make decisions about what to put in the videos and how it would be presented.</p>
<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;">Here, we have compiled some of the highlights, along with a small smattering of new footage, which we want to present to you the community, along with a little explanation about some of the features.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/13

Around 50 is a pretty reasonable amount of morale (it's 'average' in Warband as I recall) and it's one of the stats shown in the Warband party screen, so it makes sense for it to be in the party screen here as well.

Sir Fluffy said:
I'm pretty sure the Eagle Icon is for Morale. It's also on the world map in the general status overview portion.

I wondered whether it could be, but why an eagle? It doesn't seem an intuitive choice to represent morale to me. Also, the Vlandian Sergeant has a slightly different value to the one on the right; this would mean individual troop types have different morale.

At first I didn't think that likely, but the more I think about it the more sense it makes. Perhaps low tier troops tend to have lower morale, perhaps because they would rather be tending sheep than risking their lives with scant armour or fighting skills. Faction specific troops might be upset when your party fights people from their faction.

DanAngleland said:
Sir Fluffy said:
I'm pretty sure the Eagle Icon is for Morale. It's also on the world map in the general status overview portion.

I wondered whether it could be, but why an eagle? It doesn't seem an intuitive choice to represent morale to me.
Roman Aesthetics of the Calradic Empire, the Eagle was often on top of the main standard bearer of armies. Similar armies morale would be heavily based around their standards as well.

Also, the Vlandian Sergeant has a slightly different value to the one on the right; this would mean individual troop types have different morale.

At first I didn't think that likely, but the more I think about it the more sense it makes. Perhaps low tier troops tend to have lower morale, perhaps because they would rather be tending sheep than risking their lives with scant armour or fighting skills. Faction specific troops might be upset when your party fights people from their faction.
Individual troops have different morale levels in Warband as well; if you're at war with a kingdom, any troops you have of that culture have a morale penalty that grows over time as the war progresses. This can become problematic if you're an independent/rebel faction fighting the culture you get most of your troops from.

I really hope you can turn off the "multiple-opponent-strike-with-a-sword" attacks.  Other than that it sounds absolutely fantastic. I really like the sound of the village management, and since we'll have multiple slots, maybe we can destroy parts of them?

so the catapult and battering ram is not move automatically like warband siege tower and we can command it to move whenever and wherever we want and put which troop that moving it?
please let us able to make more siege engine like more catapult and more siege engine ammo type
will there be other body type ? i don't like the chest hair
will there be religion in bannerlord like brytenwalda?
since the winter snow spread over world what happen to saranid (whatever it called in bannerlord ) place with desert?
will there be any plate mail in bannerlord and armor crafting?
is the weapon crafting including bow and arrow or other long range?
please add ornament too for weapon crafting just to look fancy
sheath crafting will be nice too using fur or skin for style
and i think the old inventory slot look more simple than the new one the icon look so small and darker i can't see the item detail but i guess using this make us have unlimited inventory i hope
and people say that calradia map is too small so...i hope we can invade the nord and khergit homeland too
and i can see hunting implemented as a noble game rather than poaching like
let us able to marry the king heir or make them to die from old age
please make us able to put worker for our productive enterprise either they are prisoner or slave we capture or from our troop or make them as our slave farmer or salt miner  :twisted:
please implement mounting in siege khergit (whatever it called in bannerlord) need love 

What if they implemented weapons like the flail which can hit multiple opponents around player? Also I hope they added or will add stuff like slings, ballistae and a Trebuchet (they got catapults/mangonel in trailer so why not Trebs).

Multiplayer will probably be talked about in the future but I really do hope they consider having a co-op campaign along with the normal MP modes like in Warband.

Overall game looks fantastic so far and especially love the scene editing tool.

All these news looks really cool. My only deception are the fighting animation (I find them more unrealistic than hitting two target with a specific large two handed blade weapon as stated on the news), especially for two handed weapon and spear use with 2 hand.

Jebus Chris. I've been waiting for so long, and so many things I really didn't expect. This is just far too awesome.

Things are shaping up really well, dear Devs. Of course, some twerking here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary, excellent quality for an alpha build. Dudes, I'm amazed.

Just hope to see multi-man units on the main map, not just single soldiers with just numbers below.
And one thing I would really love: allow physics for capes and tunics in battle. That would increase the graphics a 100% (not all clothes, just some special ones, we can always mod more stuff later on).
And allow variety for animations, the same system for warband works quite well, to be frank, but could be better. Still: more animations, please.

That's my requests. Nothing more. Nothing less. You wizards at Taleworlds awed me beyond belief. I just hope I don't die before you release it and I have the opportunity to play more 500 hours of it.

Goker said:
I believe "a thousand combatants" was something said by a redditor who had been to Gamescom to see the game.

If this turns out to be a lie, I will force you down into the gates of hell

On the other hand, if 1200+ man battles are now possible this will be the best ****ing game ever

DanAngleland said:
66austin1 said:
I actually had a question about a rumor going around the mount and blade community. The rumor is that bannerlord will probably have a 2-4 player campaign option. Is this true?

I've seen nothing to support such a thing, sorry. Is this M&B community somewhere other than the Taleworlds forum by the way? I haven't seen any mention of it here.

Actually It has just been discussed in many of the servers in the chats and everything. I haven't seen it on taleworlds forum I don't believe. That is why I asked.

66austin1 said:
Actually It has just been discussed in many of the servers in the chats and everything. I haven't seen it on taleworlds forum I don't believe. That is why I asked.

I belive Lust said coop may happen. But was politic about it.  like its hard,  we are looking how can it done.....  So there is a small hope.

Back
Top Bottom