Mount & Blade doesn't like ATI

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a "release candidate"; software often goes through several release candidates before a suitably stable build is reached. The problems should be mostly gone in the official release.

Thanks Darian for the info on the "release candidate" but it's the same as beta right?... heh heh since "The problems should be mostly be gone in the official release" remark....  :wink:

Oy.

A Beta and a Release Candidate aren't really the same thing. A beta (in modern times) is a demo. It may or may not have everything enabled, and is mostly just there for debugging and what not. No matter how the beta performs, there will be tweaks and recompiling before the Release Candidate.

A Release Candidate is potentially the final version. It is a candidate for public release that is being tested for errors. That is not to say that all RCs become the final version (this is RC2 for example), just that it may become the final version.

While ATI/AMD's lack of foresight amuses me, this is indeed a new driver. Well, a Release Candidate for a new driver. If no major bugs are found in the next week or two, this will be the public release. Otherwise, a new RC comes out, and another week or two of testing is done.

Well I'm 99% sure the betas won't work right for you if your a 3870 user or a crossfire user. However if you got a single 4850 or 4870 they should work perfectly. If you use 4850 or 4870 in crossfire just disable one of them while playing the game until ATI gets the stability problems solved. Remember this is the first driver that actually solved the red texture issue just give them a little more time to make it stable across all the cards.

I can't really say i know about the nitty gritty details of the drivers and such, so i wont pretend to.
If it is ATI's fault, have Taleworlds complained to ATI? I'm sure developers would get a lot more attention, not to mention be able to give better descriptions about what exactly is causing it, and or how ATI could fix it.

Turning pixel shaders off helped with performance but trying to initiate a 230 man battle it still crashed. I guess I'm limited to 98 person battles since if it hits 100 or more on the battlefield at one time it crashes my game. Either that or play in DX7.

Sculelos said:
Turning pixel shaders off helped with performance but trying to initiate a 230 man battle it still crashed. I guess I'm limited to 98 person battles since if it hits 100 or more on the battlefield at one time it crashes my game. Either that or play in DX7.

Small battle no...better dx7 :smile: funny with my 3870 i could play with 400 battlesizer and it was ok but shadow quality at low(i dont see difreance high or low) and i dont like grass so i got it at 0% :smile:

Roll back your ATI drivers to the 8.5 drivers (or uninstall your later drivers and download the 8.5 drivers from the ATI web page) and you can play both.960 and 1.003 with DX9 - I did it and both work perfectly, as do .903 and .905 - have not tried out earlier versions.

Ok, tried disabling one of my 4870s, still crash on the betas when playing dx9, though it may be less often, hard to tell.

Heres a link mate.

http://www.geeks3d.com/?p=1521

Back
Top Bottom