Mount&Blade card game

Users who are viewing this thread

So I am going to create mount&blade card game, game mechanic and cards are ready and now I have to enscript them. Also I am looking for someone who can make arts for cards (for free or maybe for some $). Also I have some questions:
Is it possible to make it as mini-game (like blackjack in B&G carribbean) or I will have to release it as a free card game and tribute to M&B
How much will cost for me hosting a server for this game if I will release it as a free mp product (absolutely free cuz of copyright problems)

Name that game "Warband: The Slaughtering"  :grin:

Dont know mechanics of your game, but module system should be able to handle even weirdest scripts. So yes, making it as minigame should be possible. If you plan to make it on server, it should be probably made as presentation with some scripts helpers.

Average cost of warband server is 1$ for slot. Its not rule tho, you can surely find cheaper, or more expensive. I doubt card game supports more than 10 players, so you should be alright unless want make slots for observers also.

Warband card game sounds interesting. If wanna help with multiplayer scripting feel free to add me on steam.

EmielRegis said:
Name that game "Warband: The Slaughtering"  :grin:

Dont know mechanics of your game, but module system should be able to handle even weirdest scripts. So yes, making it as minigame should be possible. If you plan to make it on server, it should be probably made as presentation with some scripts helpers.

Average cost of warband server is 1$ for slot. Its not rule tho, you can surely find cheaper, or more expensive. I doubt card game supports more than 10 players, so you should be alright unless want make slots for observers also.

Warband card game sounds interesting. If wanna help with multiplayer scripting feel free to add me on steam.
Also Im not sure that I will make it on M&B engine if I wont enscript it as a mini game.

Ill post rules a bit later, but for now - the first card!
nMVltbZl_Kc.jpg

Card design will be updated soon.
For now Im working on heroes abilities, but first - the rules of the game:
Each player has a town/castle that has x hps, x starting wealth and a specific ability (example - your troops get +1 to defence). Castle is main card of your deck, when its hps is 0, you lose the game. To defend your castle and destroy enemy castle, you'll need troops. Of course they cost denars. Troops have attack, defence, level (it synergises with some cards) and some of troops have type (that synergises with cards, too). But the most interesting part is combat system. At the begining of combat phase, inactive player sets order in that his creatures will block and then active player sets order for attacking creatures (like player 1 has rhodok spearman with 2 attack and 8 defence and rhodok crossbowman with 5 attack and 2 defence and player 2 has swadian recruit with 5 attack and 1 defence and swadian knight with 10 attack and 7 defence. At first player 1 sets that his sperman will block creatures first. Then player 2 sets that his swadian knight will attack at first, swadian knight will kill spearman and recruit with crossbowman will trade).
Also there will be some special cards and heroes. Heroes are much stronger than common troops are, but you cant have more than 3 heroes in your deck.
All cards have faction, some of them are neutral. You can use cards that belong to faction of your castle and neutral cards in your deck. Also you cant have more than 3 copies of the same troop card or special card and no more than 1 copy of hero card.
Minimal starter decksize is 45, starter hand is 6 cards. You cant play more than two cards each turn, and at the begining of turn you draw a card.

Some news:
I found an artist, and he's working on re-disigning cards.
I have finished making 15 heroes (kings, claimants and heroes that follow you)
I asked snowbird games (devs of B&G: caribbean and WFaS) how did they managed to deal with Talewords about using their engine (I am going to use not engine, but the game universe)

And some keywords/mechanics is coming!
Proficience - troops with proficience deal damage before troops without proficience
Fight - 2 troops deal damage equal to its power to each other
Fortificate X - your town gets +x HP
Caravan X - after X turns, you get Y denars if troop with caravan was alive for X turns
Heal X - restore X hps to one of your troops
Shooting X - every X turns troop with shooting X deals Y damage to random enemy troop
Sniping X - every X turns troop with sniping X deals Y damage to target enemy troop

Thats all mechanics that are planned for now, but maybe there will be more!

And faction strategies and abilities are coming, too!
Nords will specialize on killing enemy creatures. Their creatures will have new keyword - marauder (removing random creature card from opponent's graveyard and getting 10 gold for each level of removed card). Their creatures will be so-so in defence, good in attack and perfect in removing opponent's creatures. You will drink from enemy skulls!
Swads will have expensive and strong troops and cards, that can protect caravans. But also there are more strategies - like spamming with swadian recruits, skirmishers and sharpshooters. Snipe your enemies down!
Rhodoks will specialize on spamming units (sergeants will bring more recruits from your deck). Most of rhodok unit are cheaper and weaker than enemy units, but all they synergise with each other! Also rhodoks have perfect sharpshooters, so you can build a deck based on crossbowmen. Protect your independence and freedom!
Vaegirs will have universal units - how about a marksmen, armed with pole-axe and bow? They are going to control the game, deal with enemy creatures and lock enemy abilities. Winter is coming!
Khergits will have cheap but bad-armored units, but that doesn't matters! Khergits have new keyword - steppe rider - which means that this creature can't be blocked! While your enemy will be slowly setting up army, your cavalry will take his castle! Ride your enemies down!
And sarranids... They are renowned for their wisdom and cunningness. Maybe their creatures aren't the best, but sarranids can synergise with enemy creatures. Weakening them, getting control of them and even more! Show your enemies that war doesn't has to be fair!

Now there is a serious question: I have found an artist, but his works are made in anime style. Im not sure that anime style and M&B can be combined, so I ask you: is it fine or I have to keep looking for other artists?

Well, I checked previous (non-m&b arts) of this artist, and I think that M&B arts will look like that (something medium between anime and M&B style). Thats the goblin chief, and I think that style is fine.
P8Ez7BnIols.jpg

Imlerith of the Wild Hunt said:
Well, I checked previous (non-m&b arts) of this artist, and I think that M&B arts will look like that (something medium between anime and M&B style). Thats the goblin chief, and I think that style is fine.
P8Ez7BnIols.jpg

I'm really curious how Warband characters will look like following this style ;D
The style itself is nice, but I like the Belligerent Drunk card as well  :dead:

All hero cards have been finished. There are 3 heroes for every faction (king, claimant, and one vassal) and 10 neutral heroes (Artimenner, Jeremus, Firentis, Alayen, Bunduk, Ramun the Slave Trader,  Deshavi, Lezalit, Rolf and Nizar). Try to guess their abilities, if you will guess right - Ill post the card (without art) in this thread  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom