Mount and Blade Warband keeps freezing during battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Conall

Sergeant at Arms
I just bought this new computer, and this game worked fine on it at first but then when I go into battles it keeps freezing up. I'm really getting fed up with this freeze up glitch keeps doing. It runs fine some of the time but randomly it will just lock up and play the same 3 frames for a short while and it's a game breaking glitch.

I've installed all the latest drivers and Direct X for my card. I can run other games on the highest settings no crashes no problems. I run windows XP Professional Edition. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 5700 with 1024 MB of memory. My processor an Intel Core 13 CPU with 4 CPUs running at 3.20 GHZ.
I don't see why it keeps glitching like this but I really want it to stop or else I may just return this newly bought graphics card for a new model.

Here is a video of what happens randomly and often http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oM6qNRCpq4

Try this link and read what Martyran wrote on that page:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147708.375.html

Hello, I had the same problem this user had :
"When fighting a battle with at least 100 people the game the game will glitch and go back and forth between two frames. I can minimize the game and reopen it, and it runs fine. Though shortly after it will again go back and forth between two frame. My computer can handle battles up to 500 people and have never had gameplay issues. I am playing PoP 3.2. I was playing this with version 1.132 of warband. I patched to 1.134 hoping it would fix it but it didn't. I saw that there is a patch for PoP with 1.134, but I couldn't find it."
Which seems to be the same of Conall..In the #390  there is a link to solve the problem but doesn't seem to work! Also Treebeard's other links posted Martyran don't work for me...

I tried to "#" the game_variables.txt strings but that prevented me from playing battles in campaign mode...I also tried lowering max fps and nothing changed...But I've got an ATI HD 5870 so I don't think it's a problem due to the fact that my pc can't handle this...Really don't know why it acts like that with almost all the mods I've downloaded..

I still tried everything you guys suggested and it didn't work.... Really I am fed up with it honestly. I might just trade this PC in for a new one just to play the mod. Oh and for the record I'm using windows XP media center edition if thats a reason then I guess I should get a different version somehow.

Also the link to solve the problem is dead, if anyone can find it posted elsewhere or knows how to solve the problem I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Well I did the boot memory edit for windows and i have managed to play 2 battles without this crash... It even lags a lot less than it always used to, thank god for this now I think I can finally play this without crashes.

Back
Top Bottom