Motion Blur in DX9 (SP)

Would you like a toggle option for weapon blur

• Yes, I would like a toggle option

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't noticed this before since I've always been using DX7, but ye gods, I started a few sparring matches at the training grounds and my staff was nothing but a blur when I swung it. My weapon became completely invisible as I swung it. My opinion is that artificial motion blur is neither realistic, nor appealing to the eye. The eye generates blur by itself, thank-you-very-much.

I'd really like an option to toggle it on and off for singleplayer, and I know it wouldn't be much work at all since the motion blur is already disabled in multiplayer. Discuss.

i discovered that you can edit a gamefile so that you can enable HDR or not...
When I played Warband I hadn't the option HDR or not so perhaps if you search
in the files, you should be able to find it...

Regards

edit: I forgot which file you had to change, excuse me.

No for some weapons they literally become see through.
Swing the morningstar around a bit.

I agree, I'd like to be able to turn it off, it just looks ugly to me.

It'd be good to have the option Shik, yes. When I first saw it, I wasn't too keen, and although now that I have gotten used to it I don't actually notice it during battle, I wouldn't mind if it was taken out altogether.

Narmy said:
It only leaves a trail, it doesn't go invisible.... I think it's a cool effect. :shrug:
It does tend to make things invisible, but I only ever notice it when running the game in slow motion.

does the issue occur  while antialiasing is on?
On my ATI card , some texture become transparent when i turn AA on .

The effect looks okay and even kinda nice with extremely fast weapons, but with slow weapons (long axes, morningstars, any type of 2handed hammer) it looks ridiculous. Also, how friggen useless is the Warhammer they added? You cant even swing it left to right, but you can swing a Poleax left & right? (poleax is 170 reach btw), as if that wasnt enough. The Warhammer does Blunt swing damage, but when you swing it he puts the spike on the inside, not the head of the hammer. Same with the 1 handed Military Hammer, he holds it like a Pick but it does blunt damage.

bump.

Even if none of you have anything new to say, I'd like to see how many people support having an option to toggle motion blur. Also: poll added.

Hmm, from those screenshots, I can tell the motion blur isn't working as intended on your machines.

For all my weapons, they have full opacity while having the trail effect behind the weapon. There must be some combination of video card compatibility or some setting causing it. I'm using an ATI 4880 and even tricking AA to work with HDR by renaming the game to Oblivion.exe, and I keep Adaptive AA off. I don't experience the invisible weapon effect as shown in the screenshots.

I have a hunch that Adaptive AA is the culprit.

Personally, I don't like the motion blur even if it is working properly - it's rather excessive, and it lowers my performance. Last time I checked, wooden sticks don't leave trails of brown light behind when you swing them. Maybe they're lightsabers, who knows.

Toggle option would allow people who like the stuff to keep it, and people who don't like it to disable it.

Yep, it looks stupid in this game. This effect belongs in an action cartoon/anime. At least the devs were trying to add more graphical effects.

Back
Top Bottom