Monday Line Battle Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings all,

As many of the regular attendees of the Monday Line Battle will know, we have had some problems recently with getting team leaders and ensuring that they are prepared to command a team of 100+ troops. To this end Ive decided to introduce a 'command staff' system whereby any potential commanders for the teams will be required to have between 2 and 4 players (who will be allowed a horse) at their service to assist them in scouting, giving orders and if necessary taking over leadership. With some luck this will ensure line battles get started quicker and are much more fun and intense. We've already have 1 or 2 groups applying to take up these positions, so if there are any others out here in MM Forum-land interested in banding together to make a command staff please feel free to do so and I invite all such groups to get in touch and apply to lead a team in one of our upcoming battles.

Any other suggestions for the Monday Night battles (of which I'm sure there are plenty) please post here.

I can never attend the LB on monday, Sunday would be perfect. Hopefully you guys can now be more organized.

The one issue of weekends is that most casual players will not be playing because, Friday and Saturday nights most people are out on the town etc. Sunday is the only real option and Im not sure if thats taken up by existing events or trainings etc.

I too wish for these to be moved to Sunday. I am a North American player, and therefore I am at school and unable to attend on Mondays. I'm sure this goes for quite a lot of people.

Most regiments have trainings on sundays, and as said above. Fridays and Saturdays are the best days for trainings or events, so it would be tough for regiments to rearrange their trainings.

ChairmanMaoWao said:
Most regiments have trainings on sundays, and as said above. Fridays and Saturdays are the best days for trainings or events, so it would be tough for regiments to rearrange their trainings.

Besides, during the last 2 line battles there was roughly 100 people on each team, which is near the full capacity of the servers. Moving it to another day would probably just ruin in for people who can attend mondays.

Weren't there talks of making more lb's a week? Might solve the issue?

Hibiki said:
I too wish for these to be moved to Sunday. I am a North American player, and therefore I am at school and unable to attend on Mondays. I'm sure this goes for quite a lot of people.

Train before the LB?

Can anyone volunteer to be in these Staffs? Even if they're in a regiment?

I'm hopeless at fighting :p might be better helping out the Commander :smile:

Herbiie said:
Can anyone volunteer to be in these Staffs? Even if they're in a regiment?

I'm hopeless at fighting :p might be better helping out the Commander :smile:

So long as their commander is willing to have them (and the number doesn't exceed 4 in total)

Server cap 222 odd, attendess around 160-200, the servers are busting on mondays and the lag CAN be tremendous even at that amount, and no its not my internet because I can download the mod in 20 mins with 200 people rushing to get it at the same time like when the prussia mod was released, but hosting it on a weekend would drag in more people you can't slot in.

But the command staff idea is a good one.

Ill happily volunteer for command staff, but i have doubts on being able to attend weekly. Every 2 weeks would suit me. Although i do suppose that if i got my arse in gear i could do it weekly. Depends.

I believe most regiments have trainings saturday. Anyway the LB's should probably be on sunday seeing as it is a much better day fora  large majority of the community.

Saturdays are reserved for drinking and getting drunk, sunday is a perfect training day, and linebattles on a monday is easy to overcome.
Besides, why change the day, when server is pretty much full anyway?? Just keep it the way it is! If you have problems finding a commander, I wouldn´t mind, and Im sure if you ask more around BEFORE the linebattle, if anyone wants to be the commander, Im sure someone might volunteer. However, trying to find a commander DURING the linebattle, you might not be so lucky...

1. Command staff sounds excellent.
2. Please all stop complaining about the leadership of the battles. Both Generals and officers are trying hard. If you think you are so much better at commanding, then apply for the command staff :smile:
3. Since the server is almost full mondays I dont see any point in moving it. A line battle day more would be better.
4. If someone would host a US server, that would solve the issue for the americans. It must suck playing so early on a monday for you. And your ping is crap.

Just a suggestion:
Remove the generals if commanding is too difficult: Scouts ride around and tell the regiment officers where the enemy is and where your regiments are and who's in trouble and so on. Think of it as an information channel. Then the officers can make up their own mind about where they are needed. All regiment officers share information on TS.

Just my opinion.

hherlev said:
Saturdays are reserved for drinking and getting drunk, sunday is a perfect training day, and linebattles on a monday is easy to overcome.
Besides, why change the day, when server is pretty much full anyway?? Just keep it the way it is! If you have problems finding a commander, I wouldn´t mind, and Im sure if you ask more around BEFORE the linebattle, if anyone wants to be the commander, Im sure someone might volunteer. However, trying to find a commander DURING the linebattle, you might not be so lucky...

So we shouldn't change the day because of your weekly hangover :razz:?

I don't think you should remove Commanders!

If all units just ran around doing whatever they want it won't be particularly realistic or co-ordinated tbh, an overall commander with command staff should be sufficient.

And stop complaining about the goddamn day, you say a Large Majority, but it's obvious that lots of people already play in the line battles, so perhaps what you should be saying is there's a minority who can't play on mondays.

Back
Top Bottom