Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone! If this is the wrong place to post this concern, do let me know so I can scamper off and hide someplace until the shame goes away. I'm having major difficulties converting my (correctly exported and fully capable) .obj map file to the map.txt I need. I've tried cartographer, which worked wonders until just a day ago when it stopped working right for no apparent reason.

I can import the file into cartographer with no difficulties with the mesh, but when I try to export it, it loads and says it's finished in the console but doesn't actually export anything! This is the case with any obj file I've tried this with, so I doubt it's a problem with my map. In addition, the obj to map.txt converter by Tul doesn't work for me, only shows up as a gray screen in cartographer when I load the .txt file. So! I was wondering if a) I could get a solution or b) could get someone to do my dirty work for me (hehe) and convert this darnable obj.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered!  :wink:

I figured it out  :smile: was a simple solution and im feeling a little embarrassed about it

Dirk Robbing said:
What commonres brf are lady dresses in? I only found 3 of them in costumes_d

In item_meshes1 there are a few. armors_new_b has some peasant dresses, sarranid_lady_dress and khergit_lady_dress have some too.

Little question about the text files.

I'm going to experiment and change a faction's starting relation with the player to something else in a mod; but this certain mod does not have a module system released.
I would guess I could either use one of those editors like TweakMB (which I really don't like using because it messes up stuff every time I use it), or I could edit the text files, which I think sounds more preferable. Where could I find the faction relations with the player in the faction text file?

Edit: Found the file. The faction I am looking for has a relation with the player at -40. I am guessing this would be
in the text files. However, the problem now is:
  0.000000  0.000000  -0.600000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  -0.400000  -0.400000  0.000000  0.000000  0.200000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  -0.600000  0.000000 -0.400000  0.000000  -0.100000  0.000000  -0.200000  -0.200000  -0.200000  -0.200000  0.000000  -0.010000  0.000000  0.000000  -0.200000  0.300000  0.000000  -0.200000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  -0.100000  0.000000  -0.500000  0.000000  -1.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.900000  -0.400000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  -0.200000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000  0.000000
I can't seem to find which  -0.400000 is related to the player.
Time to do some testing.

TheGME said:
Little question about the text files.

I'm going to experiment and change a faction's starting relation with the player to something else in a mod; but this certain mod does not have a module system released.
I would guess I could either use one of those editors like TweakMB (which I really don't like using because it messes up stuff every time I use it), or I could edit the text files, which I think sounds more preferable. Where could I find the faction relations with the player in the faction text file?

you better off asking the developer for the mod source, as this is not a simple answer. Could be a simple edit on factions.txt or something applied by a menu/script/trigger in the mod.

If you really want to try it... factions.txt, learn how it is built (process_factions.py) and you can edit the value you want to see if it works.

Or just use MnbSaveGameEditor to edit your savegame

I dont know i asked before, but how can i add a vertex animation to any model ? or directly vertex animated model to brf ? e.g. i have a model, and vertex animation in md3 file. How can i assemble the animation to model when in brf ?

Okay, i added the model, but there is have a frame issue;

lyGG7k.png

Fixed, i was just need to put the values frame by frame to right one of the timeline. :iamamoron:

need help over here,
wich script in module system that tell the agent to go to target (when charging), and tell the agent to doing stuff like attack or block?

Lumos said:
Antoni said:
need help over here,
wich script in module system that tell the agent to go to target (when charging), and tell the agent to doing stuff like attack or block?
Questions like this are asked in the Q&A thread, not here.

And, *poof* the question has made its way to the Q&A thread with a handy split-and-merge!

As to the question itself, you can give an agent a destination with either:

(agent_set_scripted_destination,<agent_id>,<position_no>,<auto_set_z_to_ground_level>,<no_rethink>), #auto_set_z_to_ground_level can be 0 (false) or 1 (true), no_rethink = 1 to save resources
(agent_set_scripted_destination_no_attack,<agent_id>,<position_no>,<auto_set_z_to_ground_level>), #auto_set_z_to_ground_level can be 0 (false) or 1 (true)

Through, once they reach the destination and if you don't want them to hold that position you may way to use:

(agent_clear_scripted_mode,<agent_id>),

to return them to their own AI.

To control attacking and blocking:

(agent_set_attack_action, <agent_id>, <value>, <value>), #value: -2 = clear any attack action, 0 = thrust, 1 = slashright, 2 = slashleft, 3 = overswing - second value 0 = ready and release, 1 = ready and hold

(agent_set_defend_action, <agent_id>, <value>, <duration-in-1/1000-seconds>), #value_1: -2 = clear any defend action, 0 = defend_down, 1 = defend_right, 2 = defend_left, 3 = defend_up

Note, these are lines all taken directly from header_operations, where you'll find this information.

God, we've got an awesome moderation and administration team. Good to see you around again, Caba. It's even better now I know what your name and title mean. :razz:

And as for the actual question, I believe one more thing needs highlighting.
Antoni said:
The AI is hardcoded, but you can override it with custom scripting in mission_templates. Use the operations Caba'drin outlined. It's not the easiest of tasks, though, so I'd recommend making sure you know what you want to do (and what you're doing) before starting out.

Does somebody know how the portrait can be edited in dialogues? I have tried game_variables.txt, but that only allows you to change the position of the text. I also tried to replace the mesh of the conversation_window and making the texture transparent. Both those attempts results in a grey flickering screen wherein only the portrait of the troop was visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Somebody's talking about the field at the end of every troop definition, where you can set a 2D mesh to be used instead of the 3D view of the soldier whilst in the conversation screen.
And as for creating dialogue windows like the one in the screenshot... well, you can't. I've tried a few times, with mesh and texture editing, and tweaking game_variables, and it's impossible*. I'm assuming the mod you've taken this from uses a custom presentation to mimic the dialogue window instead of actually modifying it.

* NB: It might be possible, as I can't claim to know absolutely everything about that stuff, but even if it is, it's definitely pretty hard to do.

Lumos said:
Somebody's talking about the field at the end of every troop definition, where you can set a 2D mesh to be used instead of the 3D view of the soldier whilst in the conversation screen.
And as for creating dialogue windows like the one in the screenshot... well, you can't. I've tried a few times, with mesh and texture editing, and tweaking game_variables, and it's impossible*. I'm assuming the mod you've taken this from uses a custom presentation to mimic the dialogue window instead of actually modifying it.

* NB: It might be possible, as I can't claim to know absolutely everything about that stuff, but even if it is, it's definitely pretty hard to do.

I was afraid of that. Then I have to think of something that does something codewise.

Caba`drin said:
As to the question itself, you can give an agent a destination with either:

(agent_set_scripted_destination,<agent_id>,<position_no>,<auto_set_z_to_ground_level>,<no_rethink>), #auto_set_z_to_ground_level can be 0 (false) or 1 (true), no_rethink = 1 to save resources
(agent_set_scripted_destination_no_attack,<agent_id>,<position_no>,<auto_set_z_to_ground_level>), #auto_set_z_to_ground_level can be 0 (false) or 1 (true)

Through, once they reach the destination and if you don't want them to hold that position you may way to use:

(agent_clear_scripted_mode,<agent_id>),

to return them to their own AI.

To control attacking and blocking:

(agent_set_attack_action, <agent_id>, <value>, <value>), #value: -2 = clear any attack action, 0 = thrust, 1 = slashright, 2 = slashleft, 3 = overswing - second value 0 = ready and release, 1 = ready and hold

(agent_set_defend_action, <agent_id>, <value>, <duration-in-1/1000-seconds>), #value_1: -2 = clear any defend action, 0 = defend_down, 1 = defend_right, 2 = defend_left, 3 = defend_up

Note, these are lines all taken directly from header_operations, where you'll find this information.
Thanks Caba'Drin and Lumos.

can i give an agent to a destructible scene prop, so that when i say "charge", my troops will try to destroy this object like an enemy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom