Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lav said:
The code you posted only creates the elements, it does nothing about their positions and reactions.
Oh, and the last three lines of code are not doing anything as far as I'm aware, unless the code is actually processing pos1 in other triggers of the same presentation.
Code:
        (position_set_x, pos1, 100),  #where?
        (position_set_y, pos1, 100),
		(overlay_set_position, pos1, "$race_button_1")
Why does that not do anything?

Lav said:
You need to post the ti_on_presentation_event_state_change trigger, this is where button clicks are usually processed.
The consequences trigger on the buttons does not exist yet.

My main question is why does the presentation go into the custom battle presentation rather than a ****ty looking mash of images and buttons for me to rearrange?

I've got a couple of problems with a presentation that I start through a dialogue maybe someone could help me with. The first problem is that the little box with the NPC's name and the word 'Talk' is appearing over the presentation (since you start through dialogue you're naturally aimed at the NPC). Is there an easy way to fix that or will I have to find a hacky way?

The other problem is that when I end the presentation the background mesh remains and I have to hit escape or tab out of the scene to clear it. Is there a way to clear the background mesh? Setting the duration to 0 and using change_screen_return don't seem to do it.

I'm using (agent_set_speed_limit), but some of the agents go at the same speed as before. Is there a way to prevent this?
Also, how would I go about reversing the effects of the speed limit?

Here's the relevant try_block from the mission template:
Code:
			(try_begin),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 0),
				(assign, "$army_walk", 1),
				(agent_set_speed_limit, ":agent", 7),
			(else_try),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 1),
				(assign, "$army_walk", 0),
				(agent_set_speed_limit, ":agent", 60),
			(try_end),

jacobhinds said:
I'm using (agent_set_speed_limit), but some of the agents go at the same speed as before. Is there a way to prevent this?

Code:
			(try_begin),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 0),
			(else_try),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 1),
			(try_end),

as far as I can see, this block will only change the speed of 1 agent, if this is being called inside a try_for loop, then you're toogling army_walk true-false for each interation thus making half of them 7 speed and the other half 60

Ikaguia said:
jacobhinds said:

Code:
			(try_begin),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 0),
			(else_try),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 1),
			(try_end),

as far as I can see, this block will only change the speed of 1 agent, if this is being called inside a try_for loop, then you're toogling army_walk true-false for each interation thus making half of them 7 speed and the other half 60

yeah, call it outside the loop, so something like this

Code:
	(0, 0, 0, [(key_clicked, key_z)], [ #assign to any key, of course
		(try_begin)
			(eq, "$army_walk", 1),
		(else_try),
		(try_end),

(get_player_agent_no, ":player"), #get the player's agent id
		(agent_get_team, ":player_team", ":player"), #get the player's team

(try_for_agents, ":agent"), #cycle through all agents
			(agent_get_team, ":agent_team", ":agent"), #get the current agent's team
			(eq, ":agent_team", ":player_team"), #only apply agents on player's team
			(try_begin),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 1),
				(agent_set_speed_limit, ":agent", 7), #walk!
			(else_try),
				(agent_set_speed_limit, ":agent", 60), #charge!
			(try_end),
		(try_end),
	]),

and if you haven't already, you should probably also put something somewhere so that after the battle (or when one starts), $army_walk is reset to 0

Hello everyone, I was just wondering how one can change an item's icon? I mean the way items look in the shop. More specifically, I want to edit the chicken icon. I don't want to change the stats, just the look of the icon itself.

Thanks in advance.

Regarding the food and other items, since you don't use them in the game, you just need a retexture or if it comes to that, a new model. And that changes the way it looks, not the stats. Hope it helps, somehow. :smile:

jacobhinds said:
That worked, thanks guys.

also

Code:
(val_add, "$army_walk", 1),
(val_mod, "$army_walk", 2),
does the same thing as
Code:
			(try_begin),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 0),
			(else_try),
				(eq, "$army_walk", 1),
			(try_end),

Hi, Im a noob to modding... I dont know if this question was answered before..but I want to know if I can add new banner-sheets(increase limit) to my game.
And I want to know why the banner-sheet "std_banners_f" doesn't show up ingame.

Thanks in advance

I want to add female victory cries to the newest Floris Expanded Mod Pack. Not just add more or replace the existing ones, I need to add that they even get any. Right now women just thrust their hands into the air in eerie silence. Nowhere in sounds.txt or even just in the Sounds folder are any references to women victory cries. I have very little modding or programming experience and this little project is the height of my ambition.

I have read the entire first post in The Ultimate Introduction to Modding, searched the Forge and this thread as well as posted my question on the Floris forum. My brain is melted from trying to understand things well beyond my comprehension at this point.

I have the DevSuite for the pack complete with source files and what appear to be python compiling .bat files. Per instructions in the Modding introduction I have the python compiler and Modsys as well as Notepad++. I have the sounds I want to add as well.

I feel like I have all the tools I need to make this thing happen but I just don't know where to start. I took a stab at module_sounds.py and compiled it to no effect. I need someone to please at least give me a rough map of where I should be going.

Note the following in module_skins (where race/genders as well as spooky skeletons are defined).
Code:
[(voice_die,"snd_man_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit"),(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt"),(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long"),(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell"),(voice_stun,"snd_man_stun"),(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")], #voice sounds
[(voice_die,"snd_woman_die"),(voice_hit,"snd_woman_hit"),(voice_yell,"snd_woman_yell")], #voice sounds
Copy over the appropriate tuples and change the sound references.

Avareee said:
Hi, Im a noob to modding... I dont know if this question was answered before..but I want to know if I can add new banner-sheets(increase limit) to my game.

Thanks in advance

it's because for some reason taleworlds changed the references around and now some of the previous banners are duplicated, if you download openBRF you can check the banners in there

Anyone happen to know how one can edit the frequency of rain/snow/fog in this game?

I read the Brytenwalda features list the other day and noticed they actually managed to do it. I imagine this must be some very easy fix, most likely one of the config text files. Am I correct in this?

Ikaguia said:
Avareee said:

Thanks in advance

it's because for some reason taleworlds changed the references around and now some of the previous banners are duplicated, if you download openBRF you can check the banners in there

So there isn't any way to add new "banner-sheets"?
Yes I have OpenBRF, I opened those but dont know what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom