Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what can be done about the force field other than lowering the size. You can also try reducing the speed (and resistance) to make sure the troop can't use it properly as a shield. Have you tried modelling it as a glove instead?

Somebody said:
Not sure what can be done about the force field other than lowering the size. You can also try reducing the speed (and resistance) to make sure the troop can't use it properly as a shield. Have you tried modelling it as a glove instead?

Speaking of which - force field - what shape does it have? I mean is it possible to have a spheric force field to envelop the whole character?

Or in the case of a force field ... shield I should model a blob of some sort, add it as a wearable item (clothes) and give it a collision mesh?

I'm still far from the moment I'd be doing this with my mod but since I saw the topic I had to ask  :mrgreen:

PS. I'm doing a Dune-related mod, so i must do some shields of this sort at some point.

CTCCoco said:
Somebody knows if the positions (pos) are shared between the client and server at the same time
No: absolutely no type of general purpose module system variable is automatically synchronized between server and clients - the only data transferred by the game engine are things like movement, animations, and sounds linked to agents, particle system bursts, and a few hard coded player attributes (not slots).

could someone possibly help me to find the latest version of the source code of diplomacy mod? ( the one for 1.153)
help will be appreciated  :mrgreen:

Hmm, it's long and difficult, but just find in the latest verssion of module sytème of diplomacy the blocs with

##diplomacy begin

...blocs

##diplomacy end

and !!!

##diplomacy + /      ##diplomacy end+

in first past at the top this bloc in mission_template

Code:
##diplomacy

dplmc_death_camera = (
  0, 0, 0,
  [(eq, "$g_dplmc_battle_continuation", 0),
   (main_hero_fallen),
   (eq, "$g_dplmc_cam_activated", 1),
  ],
  [
    #(agent_get_look_position, pos1, ":player_agent"),

(get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
    (agent_get_team, ":player_team", ":player_agent"),
    (try_begin),
      (eq, "$g_dplmc_charge_when_dead", 1),
      (team_get_movement_order, ":cur_order", ":player_team", grc_everyone),
      (neq, ":cur_order", mordr_charge),
      (team_give_order, ":player_team", grc_everyone, mordr_charge),
    (try_end),

(mission_cam_get_position, pos1),

(assign, "$g_camera_rotate_x", 0),
    (assign, "$g_camera_rotate_y", 0),
    (assign, "$g_camera_rotate_z", 0),
    (assign, "$g_camera_x", 0),
    (assign, "$g_camera_y", 0),
    (assign, "$g_camera_z", 0),

(try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_a),
      (mission_cam_set_mode, 1),
      (val_add, "$g_camera_x", 10),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_d),
      (val_sub, "$g_camera_x", 10),
    (try_end),
    (position_move_x, pos1, "$g_camera_x"),

(try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_w),
      (val_add, "$g_camera_y", 10),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_s),
      (val_sub, "$g_camera_y", 10),
    (try_end),
    (position_move_y, pos1, "$g_camera_y"),

(try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_plus),
      (val_add, "$g_camera_z", 10),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_minus),
      (val_sub, "$g_camera_z", 10),
    (try_end),
    (position_move_z, pos1, "$g_camera_z"),

(try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_6),
      (val_add, "$g_camera_rotate_z", 1),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_4),
      (val_sub, "$g_camera_rotate_z", 1),
    (try_end),
    (position_rotate_z, pos1, "$g_camera_rotate_z"),

(try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_1),
      (val_add, "$g_camera_rotate_y", 1),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_3),
      (val_sub, "$g_camera_rotate_y", 1),
    (try_end),
    (position_rotate_y, pos1, "$g_camera_rotate_y"),

(try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_8),
      (val_add, "$g_camera_rotate_x", 1),
    (try_end),
    (try_begin),
      (key_is_down, key_numpad_2),
      (val_sub, "$g_camera_rotate_x", 1),
    (try_end),
    (position_rotate_x, pos1, "$g_camera_rotate_x"),

(mission_cam_set_position, pos1),

(try_begin),
      (this_or_next|game_key_clicked, gk_view_char),
      (this_or_next|game_key_clicked, gk_zoom),
      (game_key_clicked, gk_cam_toggle),
      (mission_cam_set_mode, 0),
    (try_end),
  ])

dplmc_battle_mode_triggers = [
    dplmc_death_camera,
  ]
##diplomacy end

And repport every blocs, for the battle continuation and death cam it's easy, just report the blocs, and past :

g_dplmc_battle_continuation

in variables.txt in your module_systhème...it's just for the battle continuation, but for others .py /entrys make like that...

And, for me  :mrgreen:

I want talk with a lord, and i want he follow me,in wold map,like this:

Code:
  [anyone|plyr ,"lord_2quest", [],  "C'est un honneur de combattre a vos cotés.", "lord_2quest2",
   [
#lancer quete
    (play_sound,"snd_start_quest"),
    (str_store_string, s2, "@L'étrange bergere qui dit etre un messager de Dieu, m'as demandé de l'accompagner aux tourelles d'Orléans afin d'y faire partir les Anglois qui coupent le ravitaillement de la ville.pour une raison qui m'échape j'ai accepté, j'éspère qu'elle es vraiment ce qu'elle dit etre et non une pauvre femme rendue folle par la guerre  ."),      
    (call_script, "script_start_quest", "qst_jeanne_arc_orleans_siege", "$g_talk_troop"),
#
     (assign, "$temp", spai_accompanying_army),
     (assign, "$temp_2", "p_main_party"),

(store_current_hours, ":hours"),
	(party_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_following_orders_of_troop, "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"),
	(party_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_orders_type, "$temp"),
	(party_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_orders_object, "$temp_2"),
	(party_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop_party", slot_party_orders_time, ":hours"),
     (call_script, "script_party_set_ai_state", "$g_talk_troop_party", "$temp", "$temp_2"),
     (str_clear, s12),
     (try_begin),
   #    (neg|faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_marshall, "trp_player"), 
   #    (neg|faction_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop_faction", slot_faction_leader, "trp_player"), 
       (str_store_string, s12, "str_but_if_this_goes_badly"),
     (try_end),   
       ]],

[anyone ,"lord_2quest2", [],"Dieu soit loué, allons les surprendres aux tourelles Messire, et une dérnière chose... appellez moi simplement Jeanne.", "close_window",[(assign, "$g_leave_encounter",1)]],

He follow me, but if i encounter a bandits, he stop to follow me for attack it, and i do talk with the lord another time ... how to find a code for stop her ai_states and just follow me please  :mrgreen:

:lol: hmmm, i dont speak english, i think i do stop to post in this forum,i'm sorry  :???:

I expect this is a very easy question to answer.
So I've done my Isengard troop tree.
Upon compiling, I get this error:
Code:
Error with upgrade def: Unable to find troop2-id: (khergit troops. I replaced Khergits with Isengard)
What did I miss?

Jarvisimo said:
I expect this is a very easy question to answer.
So I've done my Isengard troop tree.
Upon compiling, I get this error:
Code:
Error with upgrade def: Unable to find troop2-id: (khergit troops. I replaced Khergits with Isengard)
What did I miss?
So you changed the names of the troops? Looks up in module_troops at the end of the file the upgrade sequence.
Also keep an eye on the reinforcements and such.

Hey, I want to add the face textures/ hair/ beard textures from Sword of Damocles Warlords 3.92f to the Prophesy of Pendor 3.51 mod I have installed, of course I don't want to overwrite any of the pop 3.5 textures. I just want to add the cool faces/ hair that Sword of Damocles Warlords has to my pop 3.51 game. This is for personal use only. Anyone have any clues on how I could do this? Because copy and pasting it doesn't work.  :cry: I did make backups  :razz: and I can upload the skins.txts and module.ini's plus resources/ textures of both mods if needed (certainly don't need files that are probably useless for this "edit" that are inside the resources and texture files of both mods)

Any help would be appreciated I think the brf edit might be a thing I can try next but I've already been looking and trying stuff for awhile and I've used the search and the brf edit was the best I've seen so far.  Thanks in advance.

Good morning.

I runned into a little problem with an item.
It has a secondary mode and this second item uses a different model.
The problem is, that the model wont be changed if I switch to the secondary mode.

I tried different weapon types, flag orders, etc. but it sill wont work.

I hope someone of you knows a solution... here is the item.
Code:
 ["ramrod", "Ramrod", [("ramrod_a",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_no_blur|itp_next_item_as_melee, itc_cutting_spear|itcf_carry_spear, 0, weight(4.8)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70)|weapon_length(185)|swing_damage(17,blunt)|thrust_damage(11,blunt), imodbits_none ],
["ramrod_alt", "Ramrod", [("ramrod_b",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_no_blur, itc_cutting_spear|itcf_carry_spear, 0, weight(4.8)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70)|weapon_length(170)|swing_damage(20,blunt)|thrust_damage(14,blunt), imodbits_none ],

_Sebastian_ said:
Good morning.

I runned into a little problem with an item.
It has a secondary mode and this second item uses a different model.
The problem is, that the model wont be changed if I switch to the secondary mode.

I tried different weapon types, flag orders, etc. but it sill wont work.

I hope someone of you knows a solution... here is the item.
Code:
 ["ramrod", "Ramrod", [("ramrod_a",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_no_blur|itp_next_item_as_melee, itc_cutting_spear|itcf_carry_spear, 0, weight(4.8)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70)|weapon_length(185)|swing_damage(17,blunt)|thrust_damage(11,blunt), imodbits_none ],
["ramrod_alt", "Ramrod", [("ramrod_b",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_wooden_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_primary|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_no_blur, itc_cutting_spear|itcf_carry_spear, 0, weight(4.8)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70)|weapon_length(170)|swing_damage(20,blunt)|thrust_damage(14,blunt), imodbits_none ],

As far as I know that's not possible to do.  I think you need to keep the same mesh. 

Dusk Voyager said:
Crazy-Q said:
As far as I know that's not possible to do.  I think you need to keep the same mesh. 
Doesn't matter as long as the numbers of vertices are equal.
They have the same number... it's just the same model rotated by 180° arround the z-axis.
So I don't know why it doesn't work.

Hey guys, I have a question.

So, my particle shoots very low from the weapon itself, an help?

E9325966D1E0D063978B959A8702456A658FA1EC

Code:
["Pennsylvania_rifle", "Pennsylvania Rifle", [("Pennsylvania_rifle",0)], itp_type_musket |itp_merchandise|itp_primary ,itcf_shoot_musket|itcf_reload_musket, 230 , weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(38) | shoot_speed(160) | thrust_damage(45 ,pierce)|max_ammo(1)|accuracy(90),imodbits_none,
 [(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound,"snd_pistol_shot"),(position_move_x, pos1,15),[b](position_move_y, pos1,40),(particle_system_burst, "psys_pan_flash", pos1, 18),(position_move_y, pos1,40),(particle_system_burst, "psys_musket_flash", pos1, 15),(position_move_y, pos1,40),(particle_system_burst, "psys_musket_smoke", pos1, 15),(position_move_y, pos1,40),(particle_system_burst, "psys_pan_smoke", pos1, 18)[/b]])]],

In module_scenes, does it matter if it says:

castle_59_exterior

and then

castle_60_exterior

OR

castle_60_exterior

and then

castle_59_exterior

What I mean is, is the scene allocated to the castle/town/village scene allocated based on the order in which they are placed in the module_scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom