Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the problem is that it is deathmatch mode, what means that this does not work. At least I think that is why the bots still kill the other bots and the players.

Is it possible to have a portrait (.jpg, .tga) instead of the model that appears in the window during conversations and/or when you view characters in the screen where you can click on the all the lords/ladies etc in the game?

jshores said:
Is it possible to have a portrait (.jpg, .tga) instead of the model that appears in the window during conversations and/or when you view characters in the screen where you can click on the all the lords/ladies etc in the game?
From the comments at the top of module_troops.py:
Code:
14) Troop image (string): If this variable is set, the troop will use an image rather than its 3D visual during the conversations
You probably need to add the image to your mod's Textures/, add a texture, material, and flat mesh to a .brf file in the mod's Resources/, add an entry for it in module_meshes.py, then finally use that mesh in the troop definition; though maybe just using the name of the texture would work - it's not used in native warband, so you'd just have to test.

A quick question about a strage idea that emerged into my thoughts: Is it possible to attach a scene prop to the player's left hand when he begins an animation and unattach the prop when the animation is finished?

Lumos said:
A quick question about a strage idea that emerged into my thoughts: Is it possible to attach a scene prop to the player's left hand when he begins an animation and unattach the prop when the animation is finished?

WSE has an operation to obtain bone's position, so it provides us position of player's left hand. I don't know about the timing (start and end of animation)

Sayd Ûthman said:
I think you will have to edit the deathmatch template, sorry is there is none i never mod multiplayer

Yea, i copied it and then edited it. (So i made a new mode for multiplayer) But i can't get it to work to make the players able to kill each other without problems and make that the players can attack the bots too, but not that thge bots attack the players or each other. hat is my problem atm.

Vornne said:
jshores said:
From the comments at the top of module_troops.py:
Code:
14) Troop image (string): If this variable is set, the troop will use an image rather than its 3D visual during the conversations
You probably need to add the image to your mod's Textures/, add a texture, material, and flat mesh to a .brf file in the mod's Resources/, add an entry for it in module_meshes.py, then finally use that mesh in the troop definition; though maybe just using the name of the texture would work - it's not used in native warband, so you'd just have to test.

Thanks! I will test it out :smile:.

Lumos said:
Just a quick question.
Code:
(key_clicked)
evaluates to true after the key is released, and that's the difference between key_clicked and key_is_down. Am I right?
No, key_clicked succeeds only if the key is clicked in the current frame and wasn't clicked in the previous frame, while key_is_down doesn't care about previous frame.

Hi guys,

i want to implement the combat minimap as a solo mod allowing it to be implemented to other mods or vanilla Warband.
The main idea was to get rid of backspacing while in battle for checking the actual positions for attackers and defenders.

So i started to look up several mods like custom commander or ad 1257 for further information. But as you know theese mods are full of features and im no modder at all. So i got tired of searchin through unknown code.

Finally my question is:
Is there a way to dig out the combat minimap from the mentioned mods or getting the main data for it from other sources?
Maybe there is already a mod released that covers the combat minimap feature.

Kindest regards.

Kulturbanause

PS: Im sry for the long text but english is not my native language :smile:

cmpxchg8b said:
No, key_clicked succeeds only if the key is clicked in the current frame and wasn't clicked in the previous frame, while key_is_down doesn't care about previous frame.
Hmmm... Thanks.

Kulturbanause said:
Finally my question is:
Is there a way to dig out the combat minimap from the mentioned mods or getting the main data for it from other sources?
You can try to search for the "minimap" presentation - I believe that'd yield you most results.

ilovemyhedgehog said:
does anyone have any good birch bark textures i can use? All the ones i have tried just turned up just grey.
If all of your textures have turned up gray, are you 100% sure it's textured correctly and the texture is properly referenced and etc.?

13exa said:
Does anyone know a code like Grenade Code but Explode after some seconds?  :?:
When the grenade lands, spawn a prop with the same model.
(Optional) simulate bounce and roll
In the prop's init trigger, set a slot to the number of seconds until it explodes.
Use a mission_template trigger to decrement every grenade prop's slot and check for one's that reach 0.
Make the one's that reach zero go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

MadocComadrin said:
13exa said:
Does anyone know a code like Grenade Code but Explode after some seconds?  :?:
When the grenade lands, spawn a prop with the same model.
(Optional) simulate bounce and roll
In the prop's init trigger, set a slot to the number of seconds until it explodes.
Use a mission_template trigger to decrement every grenade prop's slot and check for one's that reach 0.
Make the one's that reach zero go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
Im asking about this "In the prop's init trigger, set a slot to the number of seconds until it explodes." sir, I want it but I can't  :mrgreen:
And Spawn A Prop code?  :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom