Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What slot value are you using for slot_agent_burn ? If it is a value that another slot uses, then it easily could be overwritten. But sure you are using an unused agent slot (in Native, any slot >26).
I used exactly 26, because latest was 25.  I used values: "0" - not burn, "1" - burn, that's all... And why it could be overwritten? I used specific slot unrelated to other!
But it does not matter already. I solve the problem same as developers did with the banners and colors  :mrgreen:

TheWhiteHand said:
iggorbb said:
TheWhiteHand said:
Could anyone tell how to make a siege tower move?

In mission templates, search for:

common_siege_move_belfry = (
common_siege_rotate_belfry = (
common_siege_assign_men_to_belfry = (

Can't find it anywhere. But I meant making it move in a custom made map for multiplayer, got any idea how that works?
I followed this guide (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=112806.0) which told me to:

Placing siege towers

Siege towers can be tricky!  As with the ladders create them as how they would look on the wall they are attacking. (make sure and place the wheels facing the right way, else they'll spin backwards)
Place entry points 110-119 down for your first tower in the path you want it to follow.
Place entry points 120-129 down if you have a second tower and it will follow that path.
Place entry points 130-139 for a 3rd tower.

But, do I have to place 110 where it starts or do I have place it ,where the siege tower is, at the wall or something else?

any help please

MadocComadrin said:
110 should be placed where you want the Siege tower to spawn. Note that the direction of the entry point affects the direction of the siege tower as well.

I laid out a path that starts with 110 and ends with 119 under the siege tower at the wall, yet it doen't want to work.. :sad:

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Nameless Warrior said:
My compilation is saying that I have a syntax error on the bottom line beneath a bracket. There us nothing wrong with it and my last work near the top looks fine. Any ideas why the bottom is the issue?

I am also getting something saying "IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: Then the route to postfix.txt", could that have something to do with it?

All help appreciated

The syntax error is to be found inside that part of code. The compiler does not always point to the correct place. It points to the correct line or block of code though.

The I/O error has to do with user rights and you need to change these in order to get your compiler work properly as it needs writing permission to edit those files in that module folder. Can't help you with that I don't use Vista or Win7 but Google will know.

I have changed the permissions to full access and the IOErro is gone, thankyou for the tip.

The syntax error is puzzling though, you say it points to the correct line or block of code but it is pointing to the very bottom line and there is nothing there. Also with a character wrong like a bracket for example python shows you the character but here it is an empty space.

Well, I should have said it usually does point at the correct block or code just to be on the safe side myself.
Anyway, just ignore that compiler message and recheck all the things you edited. You'll find the error there and since the compiler doesn't tell where to look exactly you ain't not much choice.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Well, I should have said it usually does point at the correct block or code just to be on the safe side myself.
Anyway, just ignore that compiler message and recheck all the things you edited. You'll find the error there and since the compiler doesn't tell where to look exactly you ain't not much choice.

Yes it looks that way which is a shame really as it has been about 5000 lines since last clean compilation  :lol:

Code:
Exporting flora data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "flora_kinds.py", line 283, in <module>
    save_fauna_kinds()
  File "flora_kinds.py", line 257, in save_fauna_kinds
    speedtree_alternative = m[2]
IndexError: tuple index out of range

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

Any idea why flora_kinds.py is throwing out this error when fkf_tree is used?

Nevermind: Forgot a parameter.  :lol:

I'll ask another question instead; is is possible to resize the random_steppe maps etc [for MP]?

can someone help me, when ever i try to add a custom reinforcement to a customly made faction it gives me the error tuple is not callable. i wend up deleting all of the newly made reinforcement lines but it then gives the same error but for bandit steppe lair. which i did not edit at all. and then causes me to import a new parties template file. does anyone have a solution to this problem? thankyou in advance.

I usually find its extra comma's or brackets , ] ) ect ..if you use notepad+ with mount&blade language script it's a whole heap better

find everything here http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Main_Page

taragoth said:
I usually find its extra comma's or brackets , ] ) ect ..if you use notepad+ with mount&blade language script it's a whole heap better

find everything here http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Main_Page

:shock: Are you saying that the language script will find my error for me? That would be amazing as I am pretty demoralised having to search for the error among 5000 lines of new code.

Caba`drin said:
You don't need to search 5000 lines of code. The compiler should tell you want line is not callable. Look immediately above that line for a missing character.

The trouble with my compilation is that it is pointing to the very last line at the bottom which is empty and the syntax character in question is nothing either. I have compared the end of the game_menus.py with the default vanilla one and they are identical.

A simple question really, but what should I remove so that when a player picks a banner, the lord that already has the banner still keeps it, and not switch to another one? Thanks :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom