Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another specific question for the experienced vets.

Is there any way (special character, etc) to insert a manual line break into the text of a menu?  How about to change it to left-justified instead of centered?

I've been adding the itcf_ tags to my items, and when I was done and compiled I got this

144eo3.jpg

I'm completely clueless. I've got a weird error like this earlier, but then I redid the itcf_ tags all over and now I get this error.

Any ideas before I rape, kill then dump and redo my items file all over? :neutral:

I think it's incorrect punctuation. , instead of | or vice-versa, that kind of good stuff. Have you tried using MBDev?

fisheye said:
I think it's incorrect punctuation. , instead of | or vice-versa, that kind of good stuff. Have you tried using MBDev?

Ugh, yeah, I was afraid it would be that kind of stuff. I can't be bothered checking all the items though. I'll just redo the whole thing from zero.

Thanks anyway. :razz:

*Starts copy & pasting*

Hellequin said:
Another specific question for the experienced vets.

Is there any way (special character, etc) to insert a manual line break into the text of a menu?  How about to change it to left-justified instead of centered?

I wish. No such thing exists.

Sadly,
Winter

a few problems i'm having...hope someone can help out:

* the first, troop "looks" variety...i set a troop with many different types of armor and headwear, and even so, when i face this troop type in the world map they only have two different looks(2 armors and 2 headwear, the others completely neglected). what can i do to change this? I remeber this from 751. ...it worked fine

*is there a way to make a melee weapon that uses the unarmed attack animation?

cheers

Great_Duke said:
a few problems i'm having...hope someone can help out:

* the first, troop "looks" variety...i set a troop with many different types of armor and headwear, and even so, when i face this troop type in the world map they only have two different looks(2 armors and 2 headwear, the others completely neglected). what can i do to change this? I remeber this from 751. ...it worked fine

*is there a way to make a melee weapon that uses the unarmed attack animation?

cheers

First one sounds like a bug. 

I think you can just assign animations to weapons, so that you could make an invisible weapon that used the unarmed animation.  You just need to figure out what the unarmed animation is called by looking through the files.

ouch...am I the only one who's having this bug? pethaps it has to do with the new version...i mean in vanilla, troops wear only 2 or 3 different types of armor anyway right?

Are you engaging the same party over and over? If it's the same party then it will always have the same troops.

If not...

I've also noticed that in Native, people tend to wear similar clothing. Should report this as a bug, maybe.

yeah, i engage different parties that have only one troop. in this case a "ghoul" troop i set up for testing. i give them like...over 20 different types of armor, because it was my understanding that the game would pick randomly betwwen those...but nope, like i said before it's like 20 or 30 troops and all use only 2 or 3 different armors from those 20 or 30...i feel like i'm fighting a damm soccer team!!

anyway, i started a thread in the mod discussion  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index....i don't thinks the older versions had this...

While trying to port my module from .751 to .805, when launching the game with my module selected on the launcher screen I'm facing this RGL error:

"Unable to find module music file"

The game displays "Processing INI file..." fine and just after "Loading Music..." has appeared the error pops up and when I press OK in the error pop-up window the game get closed.

I haven't added any music to my mod... any idea?

Could anyone give me a more detailed way to append Python to my Environment Variables? Please? Once I can do that, I can start troops and probably just about everything else....

*bows down in servitude*

Thank you so very much. I read Armagan's tutorial completely wrong ... now I can get to work. Thanks a boatload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom