Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pentagathus said:
I have a problem with my mod loading stuff. I put everything in the module ini as I should. If I load up the brf files with brf edit none of the textures are missing. And yet when I load up m&b it says get object failed for texture. The brf edit files (2 of them) contain the meshes the materials and the textures.
Why isn't it working?

Likely you have duplicate entries in the textures.  Are you using the BRF edit tool?  I had the same problems and found duplicate textures and Meshes that I had inadvertently loaded.  You cannot have multiple of anything with the same name...

Hope that this helps.

Saxondragon

No that wasn't it. I fixed it by placing meshes mats and textures in seperate files.
Another question, how do you swap a map file (one that you have modiefied in thorggrims map editor) from one mod to another?

Dudro said:
Okay, I read winter's module system documentation, and I set up a new spawn point and assigned a party to it, but I want to know what to change the ti_once thingy to if I want it to spawn parties endlessly, and ti_unlimited didn't work, and neither did removing it completely.

Anyone know what is wrong with this?

Im getting TypeError: list indices must be integers for the line in purple

("gkh_shield_item_set_banner",
    [
      (store_script_param, ":tableau_no",1),
      (store_script_param, ":agent", 2),
      #(store_script_param, ":troop_no", 3),
      (store_script_param, ":heraldry_value", 3),

(val_sub, ":heraldry_value", 1),

(store_add, ":banner_spr", ":heraldry_value", banner_scene_props_begin),
      (store_add, ":banner_scene_props_end", banner_scene_props_end_minus_one, 1),
      (try_begin),
          (is_between, ":banner_spr", banner_scene_props_begin, ":banner_scene_props_end"),
      (else_try),
          (store_add, ":banner_spr", 0, banner_scene_props_begin),
          (item_set_slot,"itm_global_heraldry_slot",slot_item_global_heraldry_slot,0),
          (agent_set_slot,":agent",slot_agent_heraldry,0),
      (try_end),
      (val_sub, ":banner_spr", banner_scene_props_begin),
      (store_add, ":banner_mesh", ":banner_spr", arms_meshes_begin),

(cur_item_set_tableau_material, ":tableau_no", ":banner_mesh"),
    ]),

Ive looked for missing comas and extra brackets, but I can't find any.

I already have a try_end before the line up a few lines.  try_ends end try_begin blocks and I don't have another try_begin block.  I think Im going to have to dl notepad++ and have it check for all the brackets and comas, etc.

Edit:  Fixed, Winter helped me out and the problem was not with the script but missing a + at the top of my scripts file.

Can anyone link me an alpha channel tutorial please?
I tried putting one, but it doesn't seem to be working. The weapon's still dull and not shiny.
Many Thanks

Is there a way to make a helmet cover the face of the person wearing it?  I remember someone having a bug that this happened and now I want to do use it in my mod.

Does anyone know, how the setting the party size limit works?
I know there are the scripts: script_party_get_ideal_size and script_game_get_party_companion_limit
but I never see them to set anything. Even the output Reg0 is only being used for comparison.
I want to set the party size and prisoner limit for a party without a npc leader.

Also can you change the personality of a party on the fly? (the one with aggressiveness and courage)
Like setting from an offensive to a passive party personality ingame?

If not, any ideas for a get-around?

script_game_get_party_companion_limit restricts number of  companions but only for main hero's party. The restriction is equal to value that put in reg0.
script_party_get_ideal_size does not restrict anything it mainly  uses to indicates that AI party has too few members and should replenish them.

I think the only way to limit AI parties is to check places where they can get new prisoners or members. As I know parties without a npc leader get new members or prisoners then spawn and  after battles.

Rongar said:
I think the only way to limit AI parties is to check places where they can get new prisoners or members. As I know parties without a npc leader get new members or prisoners then spawn and  after battles.

Good point. I know how I will make my work-around now.
As you say find out where the numbers change (after battle and a certain screen), check if the party size is greater than the party limit.
If yes then find the lowest level guys (if the same level then the latter stack) and boot aka delete them. Same for prisoners.
I just don't know what happens if I remove a lord though, but I guess they can be kept as prisoner, even if the limit is zero.

For the personality thing: I create a new party with the desired personality and add stack for stack to them, while removing of the original one.

Unless anyone sees a better method of course.

Does anyone know for a shield making tutorial? Because I remember that there was one but I can't find it. Or is it the same as doing helmet or sword?

Does anyone know if there's a quick and easy way to add a scene prop to every scene? Or, even better, spawn a scene prop dynamically at the beginning of a battle? I need a specific scene prop for EVERY scene (including the random ones) where the player is controlling troops, and it's going to be a real pain to add them one-by-one (not a robust solution other mods want to extend my code, either). I'm thinking of adding a scene chooser to my main menu so I can access them more easily, but other than that I'm stumped. Anyone have any hints?

broken_shield - I believe the concept for modeling should be exactly the same for shields, the only difference is it won't be centered on the X, Y, Z axis but off to one side where the troop holds it.  When I made a shield in the past I imported a shield from the native game, then moved my model to be in the same location/size, and then deleted the native shield and exported my OBJ file.  This way they correctly held it in their left hand, etc.

dstemmer - the closest you might get would be that 'place at origin' flag which is used in module_scene_props.py
  ("inventory",sokf_type_container|sokf_place_at_origin,"package","bobaggage", []),

HokeyBT:

will the sokf_place_at_origin flag automatically place the scene prop at the origin for every scene? Because if so that's exactly what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom