Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
If the troop is a "hero" (a lord, merchant or any other troop that's only supposed to turn up once), then  you only change the top one (there are some exceptions, mostly ladies). For everyone else, the game chooses a random face between the two face codes. Bear in mind that the game's idea of "randomisation" is incredibly screwy and without setting a dummy "race" in module_skins.py, it'll mostly ignore your choices.

Thanks. I want to edit what the lords look like.

jacobhinds said:
You've done everything right, it's not your fault. Someone who was working on Viking Conquest decided now was a good time to rename a single vital file called header_operations.py, and change the word marshall to marshal for no good reason. This is extremely frustrating because it broke a lot of stuff even outside of viking conquest, and due to weird compiling errors I didn't realise what was going on until I'd reinstalled the module system twice.  :neutral:

If you're using notepad ++, search through all the files simultaneously and replace every instance of "party_set_marshall" with "party_set_marshal". It shouldn't take long as there aren't many of them.

But damn, what a pain in the butt.

Can I do the same thing with Python since that is what I am using. Just have to do each file on its own?

EDIT: Did it anyways just assuming that I had to and after doing it (which didn't take long) everything worked out fine. Now let's see how many times I screw up during the actually modding step of all this XP

Hi guys

Does anyone know how troops select which armour to use from their inventory? I've added a bunch for variety but it seems to select a disproportionate amount of some. Am I just imagining this?

They've all only been added to the inventory once, and have the same abundance value, dunno if that matters.

The ones near the top get selected more. This is an extremely frustrating feature that makes no bloody sense.

After 3 or so of the same item type (shoes, shield etc), put two of the same item in the invetory. The randomiser in warband behaves strangely sometimes but from what I've seen, it seems to even it out a bit. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the engine's inner workings can clarify what the hard figures are.

Example:
itm_coat
itm_coat_red
itm_nomad_armour
itm_nomad_armour
itm_hauberk
itm_hauberk

Somebody said:
Michadr said:
I posted about this a while ago. But anyway, some faces (specifically my female faces) are white from a distance. Yes they have Lods and I cant seem to figure out what in the world is wrong with them. They seem fine in open brf. Anybody have a clue how to fix this issue?
You need .LOD materials as well as meshes.
Hi Folks!

I'm posting this as Mich can't be here atm for having PC issues. We're shortly before a release
and are pretty desperate about this white face glitch still. Mich was on the way to solve this
problem and had indeed found a solution for our elven faces if I remember correctly.
Would it be possible for someone to give a more thorough explanation how to solve this?
We have already tried a new facepack but still the white glitch is there. Would it help maybe to
reverse to native and start from scratch? We could really need some help. :roll:

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Maybe it helps if the question also contains a few more details. Sorry for that much text.
The problem only appears when you look at the faces from about 15-20 meters onwards.
It starts flickering and it seems as if there is sth missing. Also it only happens to be with females.

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
@ Silberfalke, can you show me a screenshot of the problem, perchance?
Sure... :smile:
bandicam_2015_01_25_13_45_22_265.jpg

Edit: Here's another...
face_glitch.jpg

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
That's a texture glitch, can you send me the BRF the faces are in? I'll see if I can fix it for you. It might be a problem with .lods.
Sent you a PM. Thanks for helping. :smile:

jacobhinds said:
The ones near the top get selected more. This is an extremely frustrating feature that makes no bloody sense.

After 3 or so of the same item type (shoes, shield etc), put two of the same item in the invetory. The randomiser in warband behaves strangely sometimes but from what I've seen, it seems to even it out a bit. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the engine's inner workings can clarify what the hard figures are.

Example:
itm_coat
itm_coat_red
itm_nomad_armour
itm_nomad_armour
itm_hauberk
itm_hauberk

Gave it a try and couldn't see a difference really. Hmm, how vexing. I'll experiment a bit more, cheers.

How is it actually detected inside of dialogs where the player is talking to a prisoner in order to start the prison break to see if the player has keys of the dungeon? All the keys to the dungeon code has is a display message thing. :???:

Code:
   (ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded, 0, 0, [],
   [
     (store_trigger_param_1, ":dead_agent_no"),
     (store_trigger_param_2, ":killer_agent_no"),
     #(store_trigger_param_3, ":is_wounded"),

(agent_get_troop_id, ":dead_agent_troop_no", ":dead_agent_no"),
     (agent_get_troop_id, ":killer_agent_troop_no", ":killer_agent_no"),

(try_begin), 
       (this_or_next|eq, ":dead_agent_troop_no", "trp_swadian_prison_guard"),
       (this_or_next|eq, ":dead_agent_troop_no", "trp_vaegir_prison_guard"),
       (this_or_next|eq, ":dead_agent_troop_no", "trp_khergit_prison_guard"),
       (this_or_next|eq, ":dead_agent_troop_no", "trp_nord_prison_guard"),
       (this_or_next|eq, ":dead_agent_troop_no", "trp_rhodok_prison_guard"),
       (eq, ":dead_agent_troop_no", "trp_sarranid_prison_guard"),

(eq, ":killer_agent_troop_no", "trp_player"),

(display_message, "@You got keys of dungeon."),
     (try_end),
   ]),

I have an issue where I can't get rid of a presentation by settings it's duration to 0. The text disappears but the background mesh remains.

Or more specifically, after a chain of presentations (so upon a button press, each one sets its own duration to 0 and then calls the next presentation), when the last one ends, the background mesh (shared by all of them) sticks around.

Is there a known cause of this?

Somebody said:
Post an example of one such presentation and the material for the background mesh? Is this presentation run from a menu or world map or inside a mission?

This is within a multiplayer mission. Sending PM.

Same result for every mesh/material so I don't think that's the issue. The background disappears when I press 'L' to open up the log and exit it again, which clears all presentations as far as I know, so it thinks a presentation is still running?

edit: resolved. used create_mesh_overlay in ti_on_presentation_load instead.

Is there a way to not add manually 255 troops to module_troops?
I need to make 255 player troops because each player will have unique items,stats etc...
So the question is can i use loops like try_for_range and somehow make 255 troops automaticly without having to copy and paste 255 times?
Thanks.

SnRolls said:
Is there a way to not add manually 255 troops to module_troops?
I need to make 255 player troops because each player will have unique items,stats etc...
So the question is can i use loops like try_for_range and somehow make 255 troops automaticly without having to copy and paste 255 times?
Thanks.
You could use python:
Code:
# troops, troops, troops...
] +
for i in range(0, 255):
     ["player_" + str(i),"Player " + str(i),"None",tf_hero,0,0,0,[],str_4|agi_4|int_4|cha_4,wp(15),0,0],
+ [
# more troops
Note that I wrote this basically without references, and my experience with Python is equal to five minutes, so... you know... something along these lines, but definitely not this. Sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom