Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, then I definitely do not want this. I'm fine with some frontal beard clipping in extremely rare cases. What bugged me most was the back of the head showing through the helmet. Now I don't have this problem anymore and it doesn't ruin my immersion.

Thanks for all your help again guys! You know, this entire week I've been editing resources non-stop to fix all the small annoying things modders left in their works. It's really awesome that Armagan created so many easily learnable modding tools that even complete noobs such as myself can use. Without those, I don't think the game would've lived very long.

Any scripts out there for area of effect damage? (preferably without friendly fire damage)

You could use the second link but put (neg|agent_is_ally, ":agent") somewhere near the top of that try_block, then remove all those "team" lines. I guess that script was written before that operation was available.

edit: I'm a moron who doesn't read the second post. There's more detail on usability in the thread.

Can somebody tell me precisely how to reduce the size of the garrisons in cities and castles without affecting lords' armies? I know the scripts but not how they work. Normally I'd just figure it out but with a huge number issues to fix and only a few days to do it I'm asking if someone can throw me a bone.

Thanks.

Go to cf_reinforce_party and mess with this try_block:

Code:
      (try_begin),
        (this_or_next|eq, ":party_type", spt_town),
        (eq, ":party_type", spt_castle),  #CASTLE OR TOWN
        (try_begin),
          (lt, ":rand", 65),
          (assign, ":party_template", ":party_template_a"),
        (else_try),
          (assign, ":party_template", ":party_template_b"),
        (try_end),

I'm trying to change body color in skins.txt. Anyone knows how it is coded? I'm changing the numbers but the results are unpredictable and so far I haven't been able to see a pattern. It has to be some sort of RGB palette. They are ten-digit numbers, such as 4287063388. The first digit is always a four, the others vary.

Is this some sort of alternative decimal RGB system? If so, where can I find a color picker to produce the codes?

The RGB system is always(especially in Mount and Blade) in hexadecimal system. That said, I really don't know the pattern behind the skins. One thing you could do, is go into Edit mode, make an african character and then see his code. Maybe you will find some kind of pattern if you make a few same skinned characters.  :smile:

Those vertex colours will be applied to the base body meshes (feet/hands as well). Make a copy of the body mesh with OpenBRF, open a new instance and pull up the face material (or face mesh with the skin material assigned manually), do a few "Color Uniform" commands on the first body mesh until it matches up with a colour you want, then convert the RGB to hex.

Hey there,its me again.

Im still working on a small-ish mod for my clan and had the idea to create a class for everyone(my clan isnt THAT big,so thats ok).
Now,to prevent people from using classes they arent supposed to use I would like to lock the classes to a players ID,could you help me with that?I have no clue how to do that(If its even possible :S).

Somebody said:
Those vertex colours will be applied to the base body meshes (feet/hands as well). Make a copy of the body mesh with OpenBRF, open a new instance and pull up the face material (or face mesh with the skin material assigned manually), do a few "Color Uniform" commands on the first body mesh until it matches up with a colour you want, then convert the RGB to hex.
That helped,  thanks! The colors are still a little bit off, but mostly it's done.

Can anyone tell me where it chooses what entry points to use for the regular battles (that use the template lead_charge)? I want the player and allies to always spawn at 3 and 4 and never at 0 and 1 like they sometimes do.

These are the entry points in native:

0 = player
1 = enemy
2 and 3 = player allies
4 = player's troops

Can't you just edit your scene for those?

Namakan said:
Hey there,its me again.

Im still working on a small-ish mod for my clan and had the idea to create a class for everyone(my clan isnt THAT big,so thats ok).
Now,to prevent people from using classes they arent supposed to use I would like to lock the classes to a players ID,could you help me with that?I have no clue how to do that(If its even possible :S).

there is a script called multiplayer_on_player_joined_common or sth like that, you can set a debug to get the Unique ID of each player and store it in the log, then later you can check that ID against a list (UID -> Class) and if doesn't match any just set a default troop.

Ikaguia said:
Namakan said:
Hey there,its me again.

there is a script called multiplayer_on_player_joined_common or sth like that, you can set a debug to get the Unique ID of each player and store it in the log, then later you can check that ID against a list (UID -> Class) and if doesn't match any just set a default troop.
Alright,thanks for the fast reply.But,to be honest,I dont really know anything about scripting etc(Im already happy with what I managed to do so far,and that isnt much).So,If you could either-if you have the time to-make that for me or provide me a link to someone that can do it/explain it to me/a guide,I would be very thankfull.

How can I edit the scripts / dialogs to be able to recruit bandits just like in Brytenwalda?

Docm30 said:
Does anyone have any idea why adding the ford material to the world map would make that map not work? Even just a few faces of the ocean material being replaced with the ford material break the game.

There was an explanation for that ages ago, but long story short - ford terrain is a no-no for the most.

Various work-arounds though, what do you need the ford terrain for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom