Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that explains a lot. Thanks.

party_detach seems to have 0 radius.

As a workaround, I've tried the following: Making a detached unit spawn around itself with a radius of 1. However, the unit still spawns with 0 radius.
          (party_detach, ":lord_led_party"),
  (party_relocate_near_party, ":lord_led_party", ":lord_led_party", 1),

Do I need to make the unit spawn around another party for party_relocate_near_party to work?

Life_Erikson said:
Does anybody know how to create sceneprops that only appear (or change their appearance) during sieges?
I allready searched for the entries of siegeladders, belfrys and such, but couldn't find anything.
"script_remove_siege_objects"

To elaborate on Lav's answer, that script is called in the ti_before_mission_start trigger of non-siege mission templates. You can replace and remove prop types (and instances?) in this trigger. Another solution is to move certain props underground if you don't want to use that trigger.

Does merely raising the party template reinforcements(by like +10 on recruits) and increasing leadership, charisma on lords effectively increase a mod's overall party sizes? Or should I also alter fief wealth or something?

Sherlock Holmes said:
Does merely raising the party template reinforcements(by like +10 on recruits) and increasing leadership, charisma on lords effectively increase a mod's overall party sizes? Or should I also alter fief wealth or something?

party templates work up to an extent, but there's another code somewhere which determines the "ideal party size" for each faction. It's either in module_scripts or simple_triggers.
Over the long term you might want to increase the wealth of lords (again, can't quite remember where this is) in proportion to your army size increases so that the fruit fly lords don't appear immediately.
Leadership and charisma don't really seem to have much of an effect, much like a lot of other party skills. They play a part in morale, i believe.

im making a religion system for my mod.When in game start,all of factions will select their religion.But,i wanna to add some advantages to religions.for example;

im added "religion_islam    = 160".

How can i assign some special features to that constant ?

like;

Islam is giving more power and making alliances.

Christianity is giving more soldier and troop limit.

vs.vs.

Thank you in advance.

Find the script/trigfer/module template that does what you want, and then add a try_block check for slot_faction_religion (or whatever your slot is called) and change whatever's needed. There are thousands of things you can do to a faction including what you mentioned above, so i can't help you in general unless you're specific.

Can anyone explain what ranks field of a faction do? What should be there? How it is used?
Code:
#  Each faction record contains the following fields:
#  6) Ranks

The_dragon said:
Can anyone explain what ranks field of a faction do? What should be there? How it is used?
Code:
#  6) Ranks
I suspect that it's an artifact of a deprecated or unimplemented feature. I have yet to see ranks being used anywhere, and there are no operations or flags that deal with them either.

Lav said:
The_dragon said:
Code:
#  6) Ranks
I suspect that it's an artifact of a deprecated or unimplemented feature. I have yet to see ranks being used anywhere, and there are no operations or flags that deal with them either.
That's a totally vestigial feature from 0.7xx - you could earn faction reputation from quest and earn stipends from being a retainer.

When using (party_relocate_near_party, ":village_xy", ":target_center", 2), is there an easy way to prevent the village from spawning on top of already existing parties?

My only idea so far was to run a distance check for all parties and relocate, if :min_distance is less than 2. And keep trying random positions, until there is no other party nearby.

There'll always be that risk no matter what you do, but it's much better to relocate parties with small (or no) icons near others, so you might want to make the village invisible in module_parties, only having it appear with the village icon when there are no moving parties too close (at the distance of 1 or even nearer).

Can someone tell me what does this file do? I've seen it in some mods but I don't know what it does.

5jtHwCt.png

That file is not related to any mod and does serve no purpose other than store thumb nail previews of images. It's a file created by windows. If it is inside one of the mods you downloaded, the mod creator was too lazy to remove it :wink:

When I'm getting rid of the constants villages_begin, villages_end, castles_begin, castles_end, towns_begin, towns_end and instead replace them with slots, there is a problem with this:

(store_random_in_range, ":variable", ":lower_limit", ":upper_limit"),

Is there a way to use the (store_random...) function, when the lower and upper limits are not defined? Or instead, not everything between the lower and upper limit shall be included?

The problem with using:
(store_random_in_range, ":variable", ":lower_limit", ":upper_limit"),
(neg|party_slot_eq, ":variable", slot_party_type, spt_town),                    #to not include towns

is, that it doesn't retry, if spt_town is true for the variable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom