Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zephilinox said:
Is it possible to deal blunt damage to an agent or will I have to manually script the knockout text, wounded in party, remove the agent from the battle, add it as a prisoner if its team loses, etc?
Code:
(agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, <agent_id_deliverer>, <agent_id>, [damage_amount], [weapon_item_id]),
Last parameter.

You just need to put a blunt weapon ID there. Club or mace...etc

Edit: Since the missiles don't collide well with particles. Running a trigger every milisecond that gets the pos of missile, burst the particle would make of a performance-friendly feature?

Belendor said:
You just need to put a blunt weapon ID there. Club or mace...etc

Yeah but I'm calling it inside on_agent_hit, which the operation triggers, I thought I had handled that properly but obviously not since it wasn't working.

Edit: Decided to actually test it and nope, it definitely doesn't work

Code:
["warhammer",         "Great Hammer", [("maul_d",0)], itp_crush_through|itp_type_two_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_can_knock_down|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_wooden_parry|itp_wooden_attack|itp_unbalanced, itc_nodachi|itcf_carry_spear,290 , weight(9)|difficulty(14)|spd_rtng(79) | weapon_length(75)|swing_damage(45 , blunt) | thrust_damage(0 ,  pierce),imodbits_mace ],

(also tested with itm_arena_sword)

Code:
test = (
  ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [],
  [
    (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent"),
    (get_player_agent_no, ":ply_agent"),
    (neg|agent_is_ally, ":agent"),
    (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, ":ply_agent", ":agent", 500, "itm_warhammer"),
  ]
)

just kills them all.

Somebody said:
You probably screwed up deleting the kingdom ladies and now the lords are forced to resort to mail-order tournament brides.

I probably did but I'll just change the items so they appear as nothing and allow hair to appear, either way they won't be there any longer.

I also have another problem though, the troops during a custom siege battle just sit there as if they are waiting for the siege tower to hit the wall but I don't want a tower for my sieges and have removed them. How would I work around this, I want them to attack like normal.

2. I have cut sybilla hairs in Wings 3d by to create a new hairstyle. Unfortuantely after importing to OpenBRF hairs appeared to be too dark...and the same in game : (. There are also some light errors in the game ( color changes in interiors etc). Only small parts of the hairs have correct light. I tried to import original hairs and use the old material on the modified mesh but it doesn't work. I don't have enaugh time and will to make them from the beggining. What if it will happen again? What's the source of the problem? Please help.

Screenshot:
zmmk44.png

Valamis PL said:
2. I have cut sybilla hairs in Wings 3d by to create a new hairstyle. Unfortuantely after importing to OpenBRF hairs appeared to be too dark...and the same in game : (. There are also some light errors in the game ( color changes in interiors etc). Only small parts of the hairs have correct light. I tried to import original hairs and use the old material on the modified mesh but it doesn't work. I don't have enaugh time and will to make them from the beggining. What if it will happen again? What's the source of the problem? Please help.

Screenshot:
zmmk44.png

Right click and recompute normals, play around with that until it appears to what you desire.

Zephilinox said:
Is it possible to deal blunt damage to an agent or will I have to manually script the knockout text, wounded in party, remove the agent from the battle, add it as a prisoner if its team loses, etc?
Use a horse as the damage dealer agent.
xPearse said:
I probably did but I'll just change the items so they appear as nothing and allow hair to appear, either way they won't be there any longer.

I also have another problem though, the troops during a custom siege battle just sit there as if they are waiting for the siege tower to hit the wall but I don't want a tower for my sieges and have removed them. How would I work around this, I want them to attack like normal.
Hiding the symptoms of a bug is a stupid idea to be honest. That's like saying I'll just move the siege tower somewhere else on the scene because I don't want it (hint, it won't fix anything). The siege scenes with belfries are a separate mission template from the one that uses the ladder - there are 3 quick battle templates in total.

Somebody said:
Zephilinox said:
Use a horse as the damage dealer agent.

Are you sure? this doesn't work for me:

Code:
test = (
  ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0,
  [],
  [
    (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent"),
    (try_for_agents, ":agent2"),
      (eq, "$g_horse_agent", 0),
      (neg|agent_is_human, ":agent2"),
      (assign, "$g_horse_agent", ":agent2"),
    (try_end),

(neq, "$g_horse_agent", 0),
    (neg|agent_is_ally, ":agent"),
    (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent, "$g_horse_agent", ":agent", 500),
  ]
)

It says horse charged for xyz damage, but it still dies rather than get knocked out.

Anyone know if the script debugger is functional? It makes my game crash when I select a script from the dropdown menu.

7I076Dh.png

Zephilinox said:
Anyone know if the script debugger is functional? It makes my game crash when I select a script from the dropdown menu.

7I076Dh.png

Yeah, but is buggy as hell. Ensure you've selected the module system folder first. Once the script dropdown has loaded select one, and wait, don't move the mouse or click anywhere. After a bunch of minutes the thing will show up.

If doesn't parses the Python correctly is because it finds something strange or unexpected, like missing
Code:
ID_*.py
in my case, as I use a different, less messy folder structure.

Still, I don't thing is worth your time, way easier to output debug prints. The only thing I use from time to time is the txt reload ("Restore Module Data") when doing presentations and things like that, then just exit the code and re-enter, and it refreshes without restarting the game. LOD freezing and Ctrl + F for reloading shaders is pretty handy too, but the last one is undocumented and does not appear up there.

Somebody said:
xPearse said:

Hiding the symptoms of a bug is a stupid idea to be honest. That's like saying I'll just move the siege tower somewhere else on the scene because I don't want it (hint, it won't fix anything). The siege scenes with belfries are a separate mission template from the one that uses the ladder - there are 3 quick battle templates in total.

Oh right, im not any good at all this stuff so I didn't really know that. Any help on what to remove to make sure that everything will run normal.

xPearse said:
Valamis PL said:

Screenshot:
zmmk44.png

Right click and recompute normals, play around with that until it appears to what you desire.

Oh man! Thanks a lot! It worked. BTW I am sorry I won't become shidologist because I don't like manga. I mean - I really don't like manga xD.

I have next questions.
1. - I would like to change character creation scene ( which appears in the menu with character face&sliders) in multiplayer from default grass & tree to the new map from my mod. How to do it?
EDIT: I can't find that scene. That's strange. I even tried with Notepad ++ and overriting many of existing ones ( but not all). Where is this stored? Anyone knows a nickname of M&B developer?

2 - How to change and how to silent horses' sounds in multiplayer mod? Many of creatures which use horse's skeleton are NOT horses!.

3 - I would like to combine two module files ( it works like a text file) from different mods. You know - 70% of content of both is standard Warband's source code. So I can't just merge them automaticly because there will be duplicates and all cods from mod B will be after whole mod A what will mess the game completly.
I want to add content from module B ( without warband's codes) to module A
MOD A module_x.py: ( jobs & names are only helping examples)

Warband's codes

Mod's A codes
Warband's codes
Mod's A codes
bla bla Warband's codes
Mod's A codes
lia lia
ohoho

Second File ( MOD B) Content module_x.py:

Warband's Codes
Mod's B Codes
Warband's Codes
Mod's A codes
Driver
President
Manager
Mod's B codes
bla bla Warband's codes
olia olia olia

You noticed every file has some codes of Taleworlds' Warband. I want to add new content from SECOND File into the same categories in First File so new file should look like this ( more or less):
Combined file module_x.py:

Warband's Codes
Mod's A codes
Mod's B Codes
Warband's Codes
Mod's A codes
Driver
President
Manager

Mod's B codes
bla bla Warband's codes
Mod's A codes
lia lia
ohoho

lia lia
ohoho

olia olia olia

Does somebody know a tool for this? Yes - that would automaticly merge mods! Or maybe custom command for such tool? I was trying to search in the web, especialy for Notepad ++ but couldn't find any. Only this but it seems to not work http://superuser.com/questions/361116/can-i-use-notepad-to-selectivelly-merge-two-text-files

I wouldn't count on it. Manual labour is where it's at.
That's for Q3.

Q2: Silencing horses can be done through replacing the entires in module_sounds with silence. Of course, this would silence everything, including the real horses, and you'll have to rely on code to trigger the appropriate sounds.

Q1: I'm willing to bet my ass that it's conversation_scene.

Lumos said:
I wouldn't count on it. Manual labour is where it's at.
That's for Q3.

Q2: Silencing horses can be done through replacing the entires in module_sounds with silence. Of course, this would silence everything, including the real horses, and you'll have to rely on code to trigger the appropriate sounds.

Q1: I'm willing to bet my ass that it's conversation_scene.

Q3 Too bad :< But I think making merging tool is possible. If somebody has any idea - write it down. I am still waiting for the solution.
Q2 I am still waiting for somebody to anwer my question. It is not resolved.
Q1 It is not the conversation_scene I tried. Conversation scene is when you are talking to companion in single player. I can't find that scene of character editor : (

Thanks for reply but in fact you didn't help me at all XD.

xPearse said:
Somebody said:
xPearse said:

Oh right, im not any good at all this stuff so I didn't really know that. Any help on what to remove to make sure that everything will run normal.

Would anyone know where to edit to make sure the siege tower thing isn't active and troops just fight like normal. I really just don't want them to sit there, also Where would it define what this guy where's here in the multiplayer menu.

Valamis PL said:
Q3 Too bad :< But I think making merging tool is possible. If somebody has any idea - write it down. I am still waiting for the solution.
Q2 I am still waiting for somebody to anwer my question. It is not resolved.
Q1 It is not the conversation_scene I tried. Conversation scene is when you are talking to companion in single player. I can't find that scene of character editor : (

Thanks for reply but in fact you didn't help me at all XD.

as lumos said...
Q3 - it is impossible to make such a tool.
Q2 - they are hardcoded sounds...the only option is to mute all the horses sounds, and then manual code scripts for playing your custom sounds for custom horses

Just a question, I know I am not allowed to use models and stuff from other mods, but am I allowed to use a model from one mod, as a refferance for a model? (so re-create it)?

Dion/Folcwar said:
Just a question, I know I am not allowed to use models and stuff from other mods, but am I allowed to use a model from one mod, as a refferance for a model? (so re-create it)?
You can use anything you want as reference, but I can not see why you would want to - why not just look for a picture of the original source, it'd be far more useful and reliable. Also by the time you have recreated the model, uv mapped it and textured it will look very different from the original model anyway so nobody is going to even know if you have used it as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom