Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The different line number means only that you edited the file, it's just a clue.

Ok, Python uses indentation to delimit statement blocks.
Remove tabs/whitespaces in front of upgrade() calls (if they there are any), and you should be fine.

Try changing the level of your Khergit Horse Archer and Khergit Skirmisher to be the same.

As it is now you are telling the game to allow a tribesman to upgrade to either a Skirmisher or Horse Archer, but the Horse Archer is several levels higher.

It may be an issue of the game seeing that when unit A can upgrade to B or C unit A still actually requires four more levels to reach unit C.

Don't know if this is the issue or not, but I reckon it's worth a try.

-Cheers

check_engine said:
Try changing the level of your Khergit Horse Archer and Khergit Skirmisher to be the same.

As it is now you are telling the game to allow a tribesman to upgrade to either a Skirmisher or Horse Archer, but the Horse Archer is several levels higher.

It may be an issue of the game seeing that when unit A can upgrade to B or C unit A still actually requires four more levels to reach unit C.

Don't know if this is the issue or not, but I reckon it's worth a try.

-Cheers
That doesn't make a difference.

Tried to make some Npc's:

Code:
  ["galava", "Galava","Galava",tf_hero, scn_dhorak_keep|entry(2),reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_coat_of_plates,itm_mail_boots,itm_mail_mittens,itm_great_axe,itm_war_bow],str_14|agi_7|int_12|cha_7|level(25)|wp(120),knows_ironflesh_3|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_2|knows_riding_2,0x0000000800000001124000000020000000000000001c00800000000000000000],
  ["takira", "Takira", "Takira",tf_hero|tf_female, scn_dhorak_keep|entry(3),reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_war_bow,itm_barbed_arrows,itm_glaive,itm_mail_shirt,itm_splinted_greaves],str_14|agi_7|int_12|cha_7|level(25)|wp(150),knows_ironflesh_3|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_2|knows_riding_2,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
  ["kamos",  "Kamos", "Kamos",tf_hero, scn_dhorak_keep|entry(4),reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_cuir_bouilli,itm_black_greaves,itm_leather_gloves,itm_straw_hat,itm_bastard_sword],str_14|agi_7|int_12|cha_7|level(25)|wp(130),knows_ironflesh_3|knows_power_strike_2|knows_athletics_2|knows_riding_2,0x0000000009002003140000000000000000000000001c80400000000000000000],
  ["miclee", "Miclee", "Miclee",tf_hero, scn_dhorak_keep|entry(9),reserved, fac_commoners,[],def_attrib|level(1),wp(10),knows_common,0x0000000fff0061cd6d7ffbdf9df6ebee00000000001ffb7f0000000000000000],

Exported everything fine, but while launching mod shows some weird erros.
Then, entered location where I putted these characters. For unknown reason they're bald :evil:.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6500/lysolenk3.jpg

Anyone know what I did wrong?

My appologies since I cannot really be bothered checking 105 previous pages to see if anyone else has asked, but are there any mod tools available for this new .960 version?
more specifically i was hoping to find someway to edit the 'physics' so to speak of the game.
Any helpful advice is most certainly welcome  :smile:

Edit: moments after posting this i have found the board beneath it on .960 module system, however advice on modifying the game physics engine would still be much appreciated, thanks

Blaidd-y-nos said:
Edit: moments after posting this i have found the board beneath it on .960 module system, however advice on modifying the game physics engine would still be much appreciated, thanks

My advice is give up as the physics is limited to ragdolls and cannot be edited.

WOLVES! said:
hi is it possible to edit textures straight from the BRF file,textures(C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\CommonRes\textures)?

sorry its just my other post "was" on the last page(i have removed the original)

I'm asking for some help in reinforcements system. Tried to search for it, but couldn't find the exact answer.
As I understand, once lords parties get low on numbers, the script reinforces them with the troops found in 'kingdom_#_reinforcements_X', right?
But if so, I don't see any knights, marksmen and such in this templates. How do lord parties get these troops? Do they level up in combat?
The same goes for towns&castles. I do see the XP bonus in the "game_start" script, but not in the other reinforcement scripts. Does it mean, that once the castle was captured and then recaptured, the new garrison won't be having high-level troops?

Hope I make myself clear.

I think that (some of) the troops in the party templates gain xp automatically but I have no idea how it works if this is the case.

I WANNA AK47!!

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Two simple (I hope) questions:
1. How to kill agent via trigger?
2. Is there a way to instantly change position of agent icluding his rotation?

Tul said:
Two simple (I hope) questions:
1. How to kill agent via trigger?
First set the health to 0 and then use agent_deliver_damage_to_agent. If there is no "deliverer", you should use the agent himself (There is no way to make the "fell unconscious" message).
Tul said:
2. Is there a way to instantly change position of agent icluding his rotation?
There is a agent_set_position operation, I think. Last time I tryed, it didn't work, though.

Highlander said:
First set the health to 0 and then use agent_deliver_damage_to_agent. If there is no "deliverer", you should use the agent himself (There is no way to make the "fell unconscious" message).
Works great, thanks.

Highlander said:
There is a agent_set_position operation, I think. Last time I tryed, it didn't work, though.

I know about 'agent_set_position' operation. I can easly change position of any agent but their rotation is the same as before. It works for the scene props, though.

Is there enyway i can make the game read the letters ÅÄÖÜ?

if i change for example a troop name to "Brüder" it will be spelled "Brder! in-game
or a citys name to "Åbo" it will be spelled "bo" in the game :/

can i change this somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom