Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does winters dialog states still work with warband? If not would someone please point me in the direction ones that do work.
Thanks.

Hi all. I removed entirely the Rhodok, Khergit and Sarranid factions (their centers and lords). No compile errors found, since I edited every part of module_scripts and other files to avoid problems with removed entries. The other factions were divided by 2. So I have 6 factions, each one with 10 lords and about 15 centers. I divided some numbers in script_initialize_aristocracy by two, because the script is used for factions with 20 lords. No bug founds, the relationships, ages, etc. of lords and ladies are correct, and they don't have relatives from different factions.

But there are too many defections, in just 10 days of game, 5 or more lords defect, or they are indicted for treason. This is very annoying, since factions lose centers very quickly. Maybe because factions have few centers (half of what they had in Native)? But there is no lord without lands at the beginning of the game.

If someone could tell me why does this happen, or what script changes the relation between a lord and his king, I would be very grateful.

Thane Delphi said:
Does winters dialog states still work with warband? If not would someone please point me in the direction ones that do work.
Thanks.
No, these are the new ones:
"start" --> Is the same.

"party_encounter" -->
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_party_encounter),
  ],

"party_relieved" -->
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_party_relieved),
  ],

"prisoner_liberated" -->
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_prisoner_liberated),
  ],

"enemy_defeated" --
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_enemy_defeated),
  ],
OR
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_hero_defeated),
  ],

"event_triggered" --
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_event_trggered),
  ],

"member_chat" --
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_member_chat),
  ],

"prisoner_chat" --
Code:
  [anyone,"start",
  [
   (eq,"$talk_context", tc_prisoner_chat),
  ],

I haven't tried to do dialog with all the conditions yet, but thats what I assume.

Winters tutorial is still accurate in that you can have "trp_whoever" instead of "anyone".

I hope this helps. :smile:

Is there a way you can make a scene where there is never any rain? basically I have an interior scene that's actually an exterior for lighting reasons, but I don't want rain to ever appear in the scene. I tried using set_rain with zero strength, but it causes the rain sound to play. I could live with that if it only did it when it was actually raining, but as far as I know, there's no way to check if it's raining.

Thanks.

Docm30 said:
Is there a way you can make a scene where there is never any rain? basically I have an interior scene that's actually an exterior for lighting reasons, but I don't want rain to ever appear in the scene. I tried using set_rain with zero strength, but it causes the rain sound to play. I could live with that if it only did it when it was actually raining, but as far as I know, there's no way to check if it's raining.

Thanks.

Have you experienced it raining yet? I have the same thing, an interior scene made with exterior scene terrain/props for lightning reasons, and I've never seen it rain in that scene.

Docm30 said:

Thanks.
This might help?

stop_all_sounds                = 609 # (stop_all_sounds, [options]), # 0 = default, 1 = fade out current track, 2 = stop current track

Quintillius said:
Docm30 said:

Thanks.
This might help?

stop_all_sounds                = 609 # (stop_all_sounds, [options]), # 0 = default, 1 = fade out current track, 2 = stop current track
He wants it that there won't be any rain. Not the sound.  :razz:

He got managed to stop the rain (zero strength) but not the sound. But I guess the command I've suggested is still broken in Warband.

MadVader said:
Dude???
(assign, reg0, 5000),
(val_mul, reg0, -1),

The first argument is always a variable or a register. Stop trying to change constants. Constants are constant.
This is the actual script:

(party_get_slot, ":slot_gold", "$current_town", slot_village_gold),
(store_sub, ":store", "$vill_costs", ":slot_gold"),
(ge, ":store", 0),
(store_mul, reg0,":store", -1), # Positive number now

Game shows me a negative number...

Quintillius said:
This is the actual script:

(store_sub, ":store", "$vill_costs", ":slot_gold"),

Game shows me a negative number...
If the number is negative then:
Code:
will never be true, and the next line will not be executed.
it probably should be:
Code:
(lt, ":store", 0),  #if negative number

Oh wait. There's even more. The whole calculation was wrong  :shock:.
This is the right one:

Code:
(store_sub, reg0, "$vill_costs", ":slot_gold"), # Is already positive.
(gt, reg0, 0),
>> "But sir, our village cannot afford this! We lack {reg0} Denars."

I got something from the past in my thoughts. That's why I was trying to get it positive. Thanks for the help!

Docm30 said:

Thanks.
AFAIK you can't make it rain and snow at the same time - try making the snow strength to 0 instead.

grailknighthero said:
If I'm not mistaken, if anyone tries to raid your "villages" and run away, the icon will change to the normal m&b icons.  And if the raid is successful, after the recovery progress is complete the icon will change to normal m&b icons, unless you have changed icon_village_c, icon_village_snow_a and the other native icons.  ":normal_village_icon" needs to be whatever you have in the parties module.

That script doesn't affect the villages, the villages are now tents as if somewhere it's making it deserted or burnt because I didn't edit the normal ones only deserted and burnt. Did anyone else have this problem before, I copied the code from regular M&B for this village raid script to see what happens. Loading up the game now.

xPearse said:
grailknighthero said:
If I'm not mistaken, if anyone tries to raid your "villages" and run away, the icon will change to the normal m&b icons.  And if the raid is successful, after the recovery progress is complete the icon will change to normal m&b icons, unless you have changed icon_village_c, icon_village_snow_a and the other native icons.  ":normal_village_icon" needs to be whatever you have in the parties module.

That script doesn't affect the villages, the villages are now tents as if somewhere it's making it deserted or burnt because I didn't edit the normal ones only deserted and burnt. Did anyone else have this problem before, I copied the code from regular M&B for this village raid script to see what happens. Loading up the game now.

Well taking the code from the native M&B module fixed it as it was the warband script that was forcing the map icons every two hours ingame and why did taleworlds do that when making the game. This stops you changing some of the icons to whatever you want and that was bugging me over the past week. I don't understand code so I didn't really know what I was doing but im glad I got this fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom