Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some  OpenBFR advice. I made a new textured castle family (combo of rhodoc and swad) . I gave them a colision box, i renamed them, added  them in scene_props.txt , added aditional number to scene props number +17(or how many new lines/new props i've added) to whatever i had before, added the lines in module.txt as "load_mod_resource = .. "  And in game it only shows as text in the prop list, but no props.Im not using any aditional textures, just native replacers for example, sarranid walls tex on rhodok wall mesh, i copied the native tex folder my mod folder, still ain't showing .. think i'd might be doing some newbish and obvious mistake? (Again)

Vades said:
Thanks Somebody for the ideas!
For reference, in PoP we call our sort script:
- in script_cf_reinforce_party just after party_add_template
- in simple triggers, after party_upgrade_with_xp
As Somebody mentioned it's better to do this exactly when you need it, instead of periodically as in CC, which is always the easy and lazy solution.

Nice progress there, Vades, and good luck with your team efforts, that's the best way to make a visible contribution around here.

I think that someone somewhere mentioned something about the items being linked to the number of defined scene props. Not quite certain what is was exactly, but I'll attempt to find the piece of information.

EDIT: Right, my memory has failed me (sort of).
It was a quote from cmp who explained why items dropped on the ground in MP could change identities, but that apparently only happened after 2048 items and was resolved by increasing the number of scene props one had. So I guess it's only partially related to an "item limit", and I'm willing to accept that the item limit does not exist anymore.

Though, IIRC, MadVader's said that PoP has the maximum number of items and that adding any more will make the game crash, so perhaps the PoP coders will know better,

Lumos said:
Though, IIRC, MadVader's said that PoP has the maximum number of items and that adding any more will make the game crash, so perhaps the PoP coders will know better,
No.:smile: As far as I know there is no practically reachable limit.
But we are mindful how adding more resources (like new meshes for items) will make those fans with 2Gb laptops suffer a bit more. Any comments were probably made for performance reasons only.

I'm running around 1.2k items, even after tucking hundreds of items into item modifier variants and tableau meshes. The problem with that approach is obviously the cost of rendering tableaus, lack of ability to spawn with them in multiplayer and the inability to re-equip normal troop agents on the fly with item modifiers with agent_equip_item, although I can get them to spawn with it in singleplayer. That being said, I think loading one extra 512 material probably has the overhead of around 10 other items using existing materials, so I'm re-mapping stuff to combine item sets used for common factions.
dlwnsdn4 said:
I have a question with item trriger
is it possible putting a couple of triggers into one item?
Yes, but I fail to see the situation where ti_on_init_item, ti_on_weapon_attack, and ti_on_missile_hit can be used in combination, as the second should only work on launchers like bows and the latter on their ammunition, unless you're making arrows with heraldic banners or something.

Somebody(past☺) said:
Yes, but I fail to see the situation where ti_on_init_item, ti_on_weapon_attack, and ti_on_missile_hit can be used in combination, as the second should only work on launchers like bows and the latter on their ammunition, unless you're making arrows with heraldic banners or something.

ti_on_weapon_attack work for eny weapon(doesen't matter if it is ranged or melee)
and yes you can use multiple triggers(just like in the mission templates)
there are also ti_on_item_picked_up ,ti_on_item_dropped ,ti_on_item_wielded ,ti_on_item_unwielded,  so there can be many situations when you want multiple triggers

♥♥♥♥

The_dragon said:
ti_on_weapon_attack work for eny weapon(doesen't matter if it is ranged or melee)
ti_on_weapon_attack is used on launchers (bows, crossbows, throwing), while ti_on_missile_hit is used on projectiles (arrows, bolts, throwing). You can use both on the same item, but it only makes sense for throwing weapons.
The other triggers you mentioned are mission template triggers, not item triggers.

Docm30 said:
As I recall, it's either very high or there's no limit at all. I've got over 1100 items in my mod (I believe original limit was 1024), so it's at least that.
Lumos said:
I think that someone somewhere mentioned something about the items being linked to the number of defined scene props. Not quite certain what is was exactly, but I'll attempt to find the piece of information.

EDIT: Right, my memory has failed me (sort of).
It was a quote from cmp who explained why items dropped on the ground in MP could change identities, but that apparently only happened after 2048 items and was resolved by increasing the number of scene props one had. So I guess it's only partially related to an "item limit", and I'm willing to accept that the item limit does not exist anymore.

MadVader said:
Lumos said:
No.:smile: As far as I know there is no practically reachable limit.
But we are mindful how adding more resources (like new meshes for items) will make those fans with 2Gb laptops suffer a bit more. Any comments were probably made for performance reasons only.

Thanks.

Is there a way to guarantee 2 or more melee weapons? If I add 2 melee weapons, some will only have weapon1 and some will only have weapon2, while I want all of them to have both.

while we are the topic of items... i have been trying to add a elephant
Link:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,209497.0.html

but i keep getting a mesh error.
here i my code, since nothing came along i may do with what i know which apparently is not quite enough  :roll:
Code:
["elephant","War Elephant", [("elephant_norm", 0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 200,abundance(100)|hit_points(500)|body_armor(100)|difficulty(4)|horse_speed(25)|horse_maneuver(28)|horse_charge(57)|horse_scale(114),imodbits_horse_basic|imodbit_champion, [], [fac_kingdom_1, fac_kingdom_4, fac_kingdom_5]],
["elephant","War Elephant", [("elephant_diff", 0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 200,abundance(100)|hit_points(500)|body_armor(100)|difficulty(4)|horse_speed(25)|horse_maneuver(28)|horse_charge(57)|horse_scale(114),imodbits_horse_basic|imodbit_champion, [], [fac_kingdom_1, fac_kingdom_4, fac_kingdom_5]],

dds. names:
elephant_diff
elephant_norm

Brf name:
Elephant

Zirkhovsky said:
Is there a way to guarantee 2 or more melee weapons? If I add 2 melee weapons, some will only have weapon1 and some will only have weapon2, while I want all of them to have both.
Not if they're the same item type without using triggers.
Michadr said:
...You add the mesh, not the texture names. And you only need one entry since there is only one elephant mesh using a material that uses those 2 textures.

cmpxchg8b said:
The_dragon said:
ti_on_weapon_attack is used on launchers (bows, crossbows, throwing), while ti_on_missile_hit is used on projectiles (arrows, bolts, throwing). You can use both on the same item, but it only makes sense for throwing weapons.
The other triggers you mentioned are mission template triggers, not item triggers.

what???put the ti_on_weapon_attack on a melee weapon,and you will see that it works...

Somebody said:
Zirkhovsky said:
Not if they're the same item type without using triggers.
Michadr said:
...You add the mesh, not the texture names. And you only need one entry since there is only one elephant mesh using a material that uses those 2 textures.

got it to work. thanks for the help. silly mistake....  :???:

Help. After my fiddling with the game_start script, I've finally started experiencing the consequences. When entering a town, my character will sometimes start talking to himself about domestic policies. A bit of hunting reveals that this is the chancellor dialogue from Diplomacy. The interesting thing is that something seems to misfire in game_event_party_encounter, because the script never reaches the check for spt_town (I've got it on a debug message). Odd. If I dismiss the chancellor (myself) from the dialogue, then I get the chamberlain's dialogue, then the constable's. All three dialogues (maybe not in this order) are with myself. After exiting them, I get the standard "You've encountered X, you've got Y troops against their Z", "Charge" or "Leave". I'm not quite sure what's wrong with this, because I don't know how Diplomacy's systems work, but is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Also, what could be the repercussions of setting each party's starting faction from its "faction" field in module_parties? :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom