Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should do an award for those coders and modders which take their time to help newbies. I only helped a few times, but there are people helping everyday, which is a huge effort.

Like this:
MVP_FullColor_ForScreen_3.png

The Microsoft MVP Award is an annual award that recognizes exceptional technology community leaders worldwide who actively share their high quality, real world expertise with users and Microsoft. With fewer than 5,000 awardees worldwide, Microsoft MVPs represent a highly select group of experts.

:razz:

CTCCoco said:
We should do an award for those coders and modders which take their time to help newbies. I only helped a few times, but there are people helping everyday, which is a huge effort.
I've got a custom-made "100% Lumos Approved" icon, but can't remember where I've put the image file. :razz:
</spam>

The_dragon said:
how can i make a message displays when i start the game(when you see the principal menu:start new game,load game,multiplayer,settings etc)
You should rephrase that to make sense, but you probably need to code prsnt_game_start.

Lumos said:
CTCCoco said:
I've got a custom-made "100% Lumos Approved" icon, but can't remember where I've put the image file. :razz:
</spam>
The admins could be persuaded to add a special forum icon to replace the rank icon. Something to the effect of "noob helper". :smile:

MadVader said:
The_dragon said:
how can i make a message displays when i start the game(when you see the principal menu:start new game,load game,multiplayer,settings etc)
You should rephrase that to make sense, but you probably need to code prsnt_game_start.

i need to know how to run something on the principal/main game menu(right after the game itself starts)
i know the maker of the Crusader Admin Tool made a version checker right after the game starts...

The_dragon said:
MadVader said:
The_dragon said:

i need to know how to run something on the principal/main game menu(right after the game itself starts)
i know the maker of the Crusader Admin Tool made a version checker right after the game starts...
prsnt_game_start is a hardcoded presentation that runs in the main menu. It's not implemented for Native, you'll need to add it yourself. You can do anything with it.

I want to know if its possible to make a new weapon carry, like by example carry your javelins in your left hand, or your sword in your right hip. Obviously, then i will need to make some animations, but i want to know if its possible.

i have a few questions about... well, just something a bit different. Has anybody tried these, or is it possible with the warband engine)

1) can there be flooding, say on the world map?
2) Breaking ice. For instance during a battle.
3) Seasons change.
4) War wagons (idea from age of empires 2, Koreans castle unit) 
5) Elephants (idea again aoe2, Persians)
6) Drought (maybe something like the flood idea)

yes, nothing really to do with the everyday warband stuff, but maybe if some are possible, having them in a mod would be spectacular, no?

Michadr said:
1) can there be flooding, say on the world map?
Only if you can change the texture on the world map during a game. I think it is possible with WSE with update_material operation.

2) Breaking ice. For instance during a battle.
If you make ice clunks in form of scene props, you can control them via operation in mission templates, yes. However you would experience some difficulties with collision meshes.

3) Seasons change.
I think it's doable. See the WSE for the update_material function. It also depends on what you want to see changed in the different seasons.

4) War wagons (idea from age of empires 2, Koreans castle unit) 
The Wedding Dance has chariots if I am not mistaking.

5) Elephants (idea again aoe2, Persians)
If I am correct, somebody made a model for this and rigged it, or was in the process of it. I think if you search around the Forge, you should be able to find something.

6) Drought (maybe something like the flood idea)
Same as the seasons, it depends on what kind of effects it should have and what it should impact.

Ok, I made new muskets in WFaS and I added these weapons to the smoke effects part in scripts:
Code:
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_mushket_udarniy"),
      (eq, ":item_id", "itm_mushket_udarniy_b"),
      (call_script, "script_oim_on_musket_on_attack", itp_type_musket, 0, 140, -4, -135),
    (else_try),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_karabin_old_a"),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_karabin_old_b"),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_karabin"),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_w_burnside_carbine"),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_w_coachgun"),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_w_1855_colt_carbine"),
      (this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_w_starr_carbine")
there was no error message, but I cant see any smoke.
Whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom