Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :smile:

Oh, and I forgot to ask: How could I make one party join (not attatch, but join) another party?

Mirathei said:
Thanks. :smile:

Oh, and I forgot to ask: How could I make one party join (not attatch, but join) another party?
Theres a handy 'party_add_party' script in module_scripts.py. Just don't forget to delete the source party after the operation.

Argh! I'm getting a get_object failed error when try to join a battle. The thing is, the name of the object that it refers to doesn't exist! Or at least I can't find it. I've checked my BRFs, my module_items and module_troops. Where else could it be?

I hate those errors.... usually the Get_object message is totally misleading.... could we have a screenshot of your problem?

Fixed it. What happened was I made some changes to items and troops, so when I loaded my saved game, all inventories were messed up. So I had body armour in the leg armour spot, and since you need 2 meshes for leg armour, it was asking for the other "leg" when there was none.

Damn, at this rate, if I keep on fixing my own problems, nobody is ever gonna help me solve another problem again!  :shock:

Can you reduce attributes?? For example, take away two strength?? I've tried using troop_raise_attribute with a negative value, but it just used the absolute positive value :shock:

I also had a look through header_operations.py, but couldn't see what I was looking for. Could anyone else shed some light on this?

DJNad said:
Can you reduce attributes?? For example, take away two strength?? I've tried using troop_raise_attribute with a negative value, but it just used the absolute positive value :shock:

I also had a look through header_operations.py, but couldn't see what I was looking for. Could anyone else shed some light on this?

I have done it with no problem, using the method you describe.

Did you use something like this:
Code:
(troop_raise_attribute,"trp_player",ca_strength,-2),
??

Because it doesn't seem to work.

DJNad said:
Yeah, I used a code a bit like that in 0.751 too.... maybe it can't be done in 0.808 :sad:

Hmm, that would suck.

To me, the limitation of 63 as the max and the fact that raising stats doesn't actually do much made it seem kind of pointless anyhow, though.  Maybe you should report it as a bug.

I might be not understanding this properly but how does the ground level work? what is it meant to do? whats the hardness and the weight?

Doesn't seem to work at all.  Supposed to make the ground more flat.

If anyone knows how to raise or lower or flatten terrain, let me know.

I use the ground elevate button in the editor for the movement but not for flattening. My current biggest problem is making just a flat field which I really want.

On Wings3D, what does the "make internal" command for textures do? Does it make it so you do not need the texture item? Or...?

Eother said:
On Wings3D, what does the "make internal" command for textures do? Does it make it so you do not need the texture item? Or...?

Makes the texture file part of the wings file instead of an external texture. Means that you can't texture them :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom