Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like flying_missile... The same mesh for every ranged weapon ? Never noticed. Alright. I think I see how to define some different missile for the firearms (module_items.py) but I don't know how to obtain anything from what I have. Could I just copy the mesh and its texture and replace the latter with a white one ? How to obtain that copy and how to find which texture is attached to it ?

Edit: Ok, I found the texture related to flying_missile but nothing seems to match...
Edit2: I've found how to copy the mesh, the texture and the material. I've made a new texture but this didn't work, although everything is related like it should in OpenBRF.
Edit3: I keep searching but I still don't find. If anyone feels like giving me that white-edited flying_missile with mesh and text, it would be greater than great.

Ammo items that use flying_missile mesh for projectiles will have that mesh referenced in the item declaration.

["tutorial_arrows", "Arrows", [("arrow", 0), ("flying_missile", ixmesh_flying_ammo), ("quiver", ixmesh_carry)], ...]

However cartridge item declaration has no flying missile mesh referenced. Only basic mesh is available. Try adding the bolded text to the ammo declaration for firearms and see if it starts shooting bolts. If it does, it means you can control what mesh is used for firearms flying projectiles and can edit them at will from then on.

It will, if you add that. Basically, you need to copy the mesh, give it a new texture, add that line, and change "flying_missile" to whatever your mesh is named. I've done this before to get a better bullet effect.

Well I get that, everything is fine in module_items.py, the bullets have become bolts, but I can't seem to apply the texture I want. I made a copy of the flying_missile mesh and named it flying_missile2. Then I made a copy of the particle_bend material.  Finally I created a little DDS file of 64x64 px and painted it white. I then exported it with DXT/5 and mipmaps and attached it in OpenBRF to my new material, that I attached to my new mesh.

Alright, that's what I wanted to know. But I'm not in mesh creating, I'm just able to copy them and change some textures.  Where could I find the same shape but without vertex coloring ? Or how can I disable vertex coloring for one mesh ?

Finally it works fine ! One last question : does speed affect damage value for missiles ? I'd like to fasten my bullets but don't want them to be like rockets on the battlefield.

Lav said:
Toasticuss said:
Yeah I got that switched out and that is probably going to make the muskets have the crossbow reloading animation so I'm wondering how I can specify that to the gun reloading animation since it was using the crossbow animation ID for its reloading oddly enough...
If Taleworlds implemented muskets as crossbows, then there's no solution I'm afraid. You will have either crossbow animation, or musket one, but not both. It's possible to detect the beginning of crossbow animation for muskets and replace it with another animation (something similar was done in pike bracing kit), but there are just too many problems along this road - for example, I suspect that replacing the animation (which requires moving agent into scripted mode, which means interrupting whatever action he was doing) will break the actual reloading process, so you'll have either reloading, or animation of it, but not both...

So is it not possible to add a new weapon ID to specify a new animation? Are those hard coded?

For example

Make a musket weapon type and assign an animation to that type....

Exactly what I do not want ! :???: Well I guess I'm just going to fasten my bullets and decrease my firearms damage and precision. This is gonna be really annoying but at least I know what to do, and it's fair simple. Thanks to all of you, great people.

Toasticuss said:
So is it not possible to add a new weapon ID to specify a new animation? Are those hard coded?

For example

Make a musket weapon type and assign an animation to that type....
For ranged, you're limited to 3 item types: bow, crossbow, and firearms; however, the animation sets for each of these (the itcf flags) plus the set for pistols can be used on any of the item types: for example, a musket that you carry like a crossbow that you reload like a musket. The itcf flags are hardcoded though, so you're limited to four animation sets (that determine how the item works and animates) and 3 item types (that determine the ammo used). 

You can change the animations that correspond to each set of itcf flags, but you cannot add new one (at least in native; WSE should eventually have animation overrides).

Zamensis said:
Finally it works fine ! One last question : does speed affect damage value for missiles ? I'd like to fasten my bullets but don't want them to be like rockets on the battlefield.
It affects damage, but not in the way you think (fast bullets won't deal enormous amounts of damage).
You can read more about it here.

Looks like speed affects damage only when reduced. So higher speed means less air resistance, thus less damage reducing. Then I won't change anything, even if it's unrealistic. It'll be barely noticeable in my game anyway. Thanks mate.

I’m new by modding and so, I’ve some Questions:
1. Is there a variable that halted leg, in which faction the player is?
2. Is there a variable that halted leg, in which faction locations (villages) are?
3. How can you create a bigger map (larger than the real deep map)?
4. How can you create a new “Type” like male and female? (a link is quite enough)

Please understand, that I don't speak English very well, because it is not my native language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom