Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GetAssista said:
Turanien said:
Somebody said:
Have you tried looking at the translation csv files?
Oui. The only ones present are DE and FR for localised language support.
Try put an EN file with troop names translated into using special symbols? And do not use them in py.

Thanks, I'll have a poke when I finish work later today.

Edit: The 1257 source files, where special characters are present in python, are all headed with this # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Turanien said:
Edit: The 1257 source files, where special characters are present in python, are all headed with this # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
GetAssista said:
I'm using umlauts just fine in text strings. For MB1.011 though. You need to check that encoding for py files is set to UTF-8 (Notepad++ to the resque) and it will compile w/o problems

GetAssista said:
Turanien said:
GetAssista said:
I'm using umlauts just fine in text strings. For MB1.011 though. You need to check that encoding for py files is set to UTF-8 (Notepad++ to the resque) and it will compile w/o problems

WIN.

Thank you.  :eek:

Thorgrim said:
Q: How do I handle towns?
A: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=4a421afb177ef04b5c3e26f4ab693478&/topic,8532.0.html – deals with a possible bug with having too many towns in game.

this link isn't working and I think I have that bug

everytime I try to start a new game I get this:
Code:
---------------------------
RGL ERROR
Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\The Obsidian Phoenix\parties.txt
OK   

here is the code I added to module_parties:
Code:
  ("town_21","Ahmerrad",				icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(130.5, -78.5),[], 330),
  ("town_22","Bariyye",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(165, -106.7),[], 225),

######################################################################################
##My code begin
######################################################################################

##1 armethalieh
  ("town_a01","Armethalieh",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
##9 old elven cities
#midlle three
  ("town_b01","Sentarshadeen",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_b02","Deskethomaynel",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_b03","Ondoladeshiron",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
#south three
  ("town_b04","Realthataladon",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_b05","Thultafoniseen",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_b06","Valwendigorean",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
#north three
  ("town_b07","Ysterialpoerin",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_b08","Windalorianan",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_b09","Lerkalpoldara",			icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
##9 new elven cities
  ("town_c01","Karanhelanderialigor",	icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c02","Githilnamanaranath",		icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c03","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c04","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c05","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c06","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c07","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c08","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_c09","",						icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
##11 string of pearls
  ("town_d01","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d02","Kabipha'Iteru",			icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d03","Laganda'Iteru",			icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d04","Tarnatha'Iteru",			icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d05","Akazidas'Iteru",			icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d06","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d07","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d08","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d09","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d10","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
  ("town_d11","'Iteru",					icon_town_desert|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),
##1 shadow mountain
  ("town_e01","Shadow Mountain",		icon_town|pf_town, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1, 1),[], 0),

##My code end

#   Aztaq_Castle       
#  Malabadi_Castle
  ("castle_1","Culmarr_Castle",		icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-101.3, -21),[],50),
  ("castle_2","Malayurg_Castle",	icon_castle_b|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(97.5, -2.2),[],75),
  ("castle_3","Bulugha_Castle",		icon_castle_a|pf_castle, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(47.5, 111.3),[],100),

obs: i didn't replace the towns, just added others

As a side note, Ikaguia, that link is working, remove the session param:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8532.0.html

For empty strings use
Code:
"_"
, that gets translated into a space in the game, and don't give errors at compile time.

If I'm making a presentation to display in a menu, am I better off using a normal presentation, or a background presentation? 

Well, I was trying to create a menu with check boxes and sliders.  I have no clue when it comes to presentations, except for what I read in the top of the file. 

Somebody said:
What would be the purpose of having a presentation during a menu? You can either use a menu or use a presentation as a menu. If you need pictures, you can add tableau meshes easily.
Maybe he doesn't want to write a menu presentation from scratch and an image is not enough for his needs... doesn't seem an unreasonable request to me.

As for the question, you can't have a presentation and a menu at the same time (that's what background presentations are for). So yeah, use start_background_presentation.

Hello, sorry for the newbie question - how do I add the bonus against shields stat to a weapon? Currently playing Bretonwylda (however you spell it), and I was to make the javlins etc destroy shields in 1-2 hits - I'm trying to simulate having to drop your shield because it's no longer useable with a couple of long pointy things sticking out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom