Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
any way there to use reg(...) or variables in mission_templates?
something like this:   
Code:
(9,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all|af_override_foot,aif_start_alarmed,1,[reg(10),reg(11),reg(12),reg(13),reg(14),reg(15)]),
everytime I used it, I got an error, anyone ever tryed it or has a similar way?

Highlander said:
any way there to use reg(...) or variables in mission_templates?
something like this:   
Code:
(9,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_2,af_override_all|af_override_foot,aif_start_alarmed,1,[reg(10),reg(11),reg(12),reg(13),reg(14),reg(15)]),
everytime I used it, I got an error, anyone ever tryed it or has a similar way?

I know you can use variables in the mt triggers.  Not sure about regs, or if you can use any variables in that spot.  Sorry.

Dont know if there's a operation or script, but if you're out of ideas you could somehow load the inventory of the player / troop with heavy items and it will slow down automatically.

Highelfwarrior said:
Dont know if there's a operation or script, but if you're out of ideas you could somehow load the inventory of the player / troop with heavy items and it will slow down automatically.

Hmm, that is a good idea.  I had not found anything at all on it.  Goes along well with the REALLY HEAVY shoes I have been passing out to archers on walls.

bryce777 said:
Is there any way to reduce the party's speed on the map?

Well, if its a party spawned from a party template then the "carries_goods" tag will define how slow they move as well as how many goods they drop (like caravans)

Yoshiboy said:
bryce777 said:
Is there any way to reduce the party's speed on the map?

Well, if its a party spawned from a party template then the "carries_goods" tag will define how slow they move as well as how many goods they drop (like caravans)

Hmm, that is good to know.  I don't have other parties, though, but maybe I can assignt hat flag to the player party.  Worth a try, I guess.

I have never modded anyhting or even slightly edited anything in any game before so please excuse me.

I wish to edit the game to make my leadership skill increase troops by 20 per skill rather than what it is now (can't actually remember)

Secondly I wish to edit quivers and bolt quivers to make them contain 100 arrows/bolts same with javelins perhaps.. i'll have to see about that.

I would appreciate any help I can be given. I'm not even sure if I should post this in this thread seeing as this is just a slight edit for my personal gaming. If I should post elsewhere please tell me, I won't bite  :twisted:

Oh lastly I don't want to have to download any editor programs because my comp doesn't have the space for any more downloads. Unless they are really small I don't want to DL (and i'm talking anyhting over 200mb here)

Edit: I just been taking a long look at the text files. From what I get the last number is how much the skill increases whatever it increases by. Leadership is numbers 3 10 5 next to it. I assume i would change that to 3 10 20. correct me if i'm wrong, I won't do anything until I know that I wont **** everything up.

Cleaning agent said:
I have never modded anyhting or even slightly edited anything in any game before so please excuse me.

I wish to edit the game to make my leadership skill increase troops by 20 per skill rather than what it is now (can't actually remember)

Secondly I wish to edit quivers and bolt quivers to make them contain 100 arrows/bolts same with javelins perhaps.. i'll have to see about that.

I would appreciate any help I can be given. I'm not even sure if I should post this in this thread seeing as this is just a slight edit for my personal gaming. If I should post elsewhere please tell me, I won't bite  :twisted:

Oh lastly I don't want to have to download any editor programs because my comp doesn't have the space for any more downloads. Unless they are really small I don't want to DL (and i'm talking anyhting over 200mb here)

Edit: I just been taking a long look at the text files. From what I get the last number is how much the skill increases whatever it increases by. Leadership is numbers 3 10 5 next to it. I assume i would change that to 3 10 20. correct me if i'm wrong, I won't do anything until I know that I wont **** everything up.

Ok, first (about leadership skill) isn't possible but if you replace your native item_kinds1.txt file with this one i made for you :wink:

(make sure you make a backup of the old one)

It will do the changes you want to the arrows.

http://www.warpmod.com/yoshiboy/modding_stuff/item_kinds1.txt

Cleaning agent said:
OK... once again excuse me for being so uselesss but as I said I have never even attempted any editing at all anywhere.

I can't actually find the file you told me about. I looked in (I think) all of the files of M&B but I can't find it. Again sorry for being so useless  :oops: you're being really helpful, thanks.

No problem :smile:

In your mount and blade directory, click the modules folder, followed the by the native folder and replace what is in there. (again make a backup first)

Ok then

Thanks a lot for your help  :grin:

I really appreciate it, I'd never have done this myself (probably would have eneded up trying something desperate and having to reDL)

So thanks again YoshiBoy (btw I love pirate mod, been playing it for the past month or so)

OK... once again excuse me for being so uselesss but as I said I have never even attempted any editing at all anywhere.

I can't actually find the file you told me about. I looked in (I think) all of the files of M&B but I can't find it. Again sorry for being so useless   you're being really helpful, thanks.

Heh. I deleted that cos I found it just after. Sorry about that

How could i change The name of "Crossbow" weapon proficiency to something like "rifles"?

also, how can i eliminate the crossbow pack mesh that appears on the back of the character? or make it so that it loads an invisible 2 polygon thing?  :grin:

EDIT:

humm...can i make crossbow item types and firearms item types use the same type of ammo?

Hmm, I have been looking for a while but see no way to get the current proficiency level for a weapon type.  Am I just missing something?

you can't rename weapon types, to replace the bolt pack, export nothing from wings3d, and replace the bolt mesh with it.
You can't make crossbows use the same bolts as firearms

Great duke - if you still are looking for a way to make the game end, I have discovered by accident you can actually disable the main party.  This makes it impossible to even move.

Is there a way to force a party not to ever run away from you?

Better yet, is it possible to spawn a template and then go directly into battle with it from a game menu without having to encounter it on the main map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom